Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Community! Noob here but excited to apart of this community.

A dream became a reality on June 11th when placing an order for my 30th birthday:

Model Y Long Range Blue 20” 5 seater Autopiliot

I’ve been reading though the comments and now I’m starting to get worried if my actual delivery date will be August 13 - September 2. My Sales Advisor sounded very optimistic that it will be delivered by end of the month (June).

is this part of the emotional roller coaster experience that I’ve been hearing apart?

Can wait to hear from your responses!

Finally got my car and loving the white interior! Details:
  • Configuration: LR AWD White on White, no tow hitch, no FSD, 5 seater
  • Originally completed with Burbank, CA pickup
  • Order was placed April 9
  • VIN was assigned June 8
  • Text to schedule delivery came on June 9
  • Delivered June 13, no major issues found
  • Named Baymax
Picture time!

View attachment 673197

Awesome!! I have the exact same config, did you go with the Induction or stick with the Gemini wheels? I’m looking at an Aug. delivery, so about the same wait as you April folks getting June deliveries.

Anybody accepted a home delivery recently? How was the experience?

Socal, MY LR MSM ordered 4/8. Delivery date went from June 1-20 to June 15-30 to September in the last few days. Today morning I got VIN, and after about an hour, got a text saying car would be delivered to my home.
Just received yesterday. It was seamless, I wasn't even home at the time. All registration paperwork and keys inside the car

Reactions: dingchak
Damn..I was hoping that you getting a VIN was a sign that we are not far behind. Looks like it is going to be the end of the month.
I still think we’re close. My (thankfully) temporary Sept went away and now I’m 6/15-6/30. I Googled around a bit and it looks like most people who’ve had a VIN disappear, a new one comes within a couple days.

Reactions: Greg007 and ankit
Hello Tesla Community! Noob here but excited to apart of this community.

A dream became a reality on June 11th when placing an order for my 30th birthday:

Model Y Long Range Blue 20” 5 seater Autopiliot

I’ve been reading though the comments and now I’m starting to get worried if my actual delivery date will be August 13 - September 2. My Sales Advisor sounded very optimistic that it will be delivered by end of the month (June).

is this part of the emotional roller coaster experience that I’ve been hearing apart?

Can wait to hear from your responses!
If you have the cash or financing ready to go, you should try and find an inventory car when they become available.....you already got hit with the price increases so that shouldnt matter.

Reactions: Greg007
I know everyone is real frustrated seeing September dates.. I woke up to September 1 - October 1!
Dates were hovering around end of June since purchase, SA quoted a delivery date the week of 6/22. Then dates bumped to 7/2-7/24, SA said my build was pushed to 7/10. On Friday my dates moved back into end on June so I was optimistic again.. Saturday morning back to July, Sunday 8/15-9/14.
Hoping it all sorts itself out lol

Reactions: Greg007
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I am in CA. and I am waiting so....

I've ordered the Tesla Wall charger and have a quote from my electrician. Trying to find credits for installing chargers. I know about the Federal Tax Credit, but what about State, PG&E or MCE credits. Anyone know? I've been researching but can't seem to find anything other than Rate deals. Any thoughts?
For the charger, I think it’s just the federal tax credit. MCE does have a rebate for the EV if you qualify.

Reactions: queenamydala