Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dates are still showing June 20th-30th for me.

Still on the fence about just doing a Demo to get this over with, but I've already waited so long!

April orders UNITE!
Wait it out, you can make it (unless needed now)! Too close to a brand spanking new ride with no questionable test drives. Team April and Team White!

Dates are still showing June 20th-30th for me.

Still on the fence about just doing a Demo to get this over with, but I've already waited so long!

April orders UNITE!
Burbank too right?
I think our cars will be transport buddies lol.

and hang in there - final stretch. Waited this long for a brand new vehicle, just a matter of days (fingers crossed)

Hello Tesla Community! Noob here but excited to apart of this community.

A dream became a reality on June 11th when placing an order for my 30th birthday:

Model Y Long Range Blue 20” 5 seater Autopiliot

I’ve been reading though the comments and now I’m starting to get worried if my actual delivery date will be August 13 - September 2. My Sales Advisor sounded very optimistic that it will be delivered by end of the month (June).

is this part of the emotional roller coaster experience that I’ve been hearing apart?

Can wait to hear from your responses
Dude! I bought a MY for my 30th as well 😂

Reactions: Greg007
Ordered 4/16, finally transitioned to demo vehicle on June 2nd. Delivery experience was smooth. After reading some comments, I expected Tesla to fumble at each step, but no such experiences for me. One day after placing my demo unit on order, I got a link to schedule delivery (which was a week out at the time), and the date and time stuck through the whole process.

One day before delivery I got a call from a DA to go over my profile and confirm my appointment. Since it was a demo unit, I addressed my concern about the car having major damages and issues. She volunteered to go take a look at the car and give me a call if there are major concerns. She did call me back with some pics of curb rashes on one wheel (19in wheels), and one scratch on the hood. The curb rash did not bother me since they were barely noticeable, but the scratch was concerning from the pictures. She could not fully gauge the depth of it, and volunteered to get the car washed before my delivery time the next day. She completely understood that I was not insane to reject delivery if there was a big issue, and infact hinted that I might still get matched with a car by end of June if I do reject it (I did not believe that, and another reason being that I would lose out on the radar which came with this demo).

I went to the store half expecting to return empty handed and be put in the back of the line. She took some time after the scheduled appointment to get the car completely washed and ready (to be fair, I spoke with her around 6PM the previous evening, and my appointment was at 10AM when the store opened). But once she was ready, the car was perfect. I ordered the Blue with white interior and it looked radiant under the California sun. The scratch still existed, but not at all deep and nothing which can't be buffed out. I accepted delivery after inspecting the rest of the car (interior and exterior). She took some more time to prep up paperwork, and I went ahead and completed the ACH payments etc.

I wanted the keys replaced with new ones since the demo keys were pretty used, and she replaced them at no charge. The DA addressed all my concerns and was very patient with all my questions and concerns. She did mention that it was a busy day, but that did not affect my delivery experience the least bit. The DA installed the temp license plates (on the back) herself, and got the car fully charged for use.

There are a lot of horror stories out there regarding the whole delivery process. I am here to say that not all of it is true, the reps at the Dublin CA store were amazing and a great help. Stay patient, the car is definitely worth it.

I forgot about the whole waiting process once I started cruising on the freeway :)

Lastly, go #teamblue

Ordered 4/16, finally transitioned to demo vehicle on June 2nd. Delivery experience was smooth. After reading some comments, I expected Tesla to fumble at each step, but no such experiences for me. One day after placing my demo unit on order, I got a link to schedule delivery (which was a week out at the time), and the date and time stuck through the whole process.

One day before delivery I got a call from a DA to go over my profile and confirm my appointment. Since it was a demo unit, I addressed my concern about the car having major damages and issues. She volunteered to go take a look at the car and give me a call if there are major concerns. She did call me back with some pics of curb rashes on one wheel (19in wheels), and one scratch on the hood. The curb rash did not bother me since they were barely noticeable, but the scratch was concerning from the pictures. She could not fully gauge the depth of it, and volunteered to get the car washed before my delivery time the next day. She completely understood that I was not insane to reject delivery if there was a big issue, and infact hinted that I might still get matched with a car by end of June if I do reject it (I did not believe that, and another reason being that I would lose out on the radar which came with this demo).

I went to the store half expecting to return empty handed and be put in the back of the line. She took some time after the scheduled appointment to get the car completely washed and ready (to be fair, I spoke with her around 6PM the previous evening, and my appointment was at 10AM when the store opened). But once she was ready, the car was perfect. I ordered the Blue with white interior and it looked radiant under the California sun. The scratch still existed, but not at all deep and nothing which can't be buffed out. I accepted delivery after inspecting the rest of the car (interior and exterior). She took some more time to prep up paperwork, and I went ahead and completed the ACH payments etc.

I wanted the keys replaced with new ones since the demo keys were pretty used, and she replaced them at no charge. The DA addressed all my concerns and was very patient with all my questions and concerns. She did mention that it was a busy day, but that did not affect my delivery experience the least bit. The DA installed the temp license plates (on the back) herself, and got the car fully charged for use.

There are a lot of horror stories out there regarding the whole delivery process. I am here to say that not all of it is true, the reps at the Dublin CA store were amazing and a great help. Stay patient, the car is definitely worth it.

I forgot about the whole waiting process once I started cruising on the freeway :)

Lastly, go #teamblue
I had the same feelings too about ordering my demo. They replaced the curb rash on the 2 passengers induction wheels. Other than that, the car was perfect! Glad to see some demo’s that worked out! Congrats!

Here is the answer:

Burbank too right?
I think our cars will be transport buddies lol.

and hang in there - final stretch. Waited this long for a brand new vehicle, just a matter of days (fingers crossed)
Yup Burbank!!

I'm with ya!! Hoping for a big push of White MYs this week

I'm trying to hang onto the final stretch, but the damn finish line seems to keep moving further away lol

We called many times last couple week and the rep told us that internal error blocked our order from profile complete.......
ordered on 04/08 but profile completes 06/05
anyone know if we got delayed due to late profile date?

"One rep says it does impact, two said no." (I don't trust them anymore)

Hey y’all, it was crazy being in the pain of waiting with you guys. I finally picked her up, minor scratches that I was expecting since it’s black. I have an appointment for Tuesday to get them buffed. Other than that, no other issues. It drives amazing. Getting her tinted in the morning.
The red Telsa logo on the center caps look great, where did you purchase them?

We called many times last couple week and the rep told us that internal error blocked our order from profile complete.......
ordered on 04/08 but profile completes 06/05
anyone know if we got delayed due to late profile date?

"One rep says it does impact, two said no." (I don't trust them anymore)
Ordered 4/8- Profile complete 6/5 due to system internal error
MY LR Red / Black Interior / 19" Wheels / 5 Seat / No Hitch
Estimated Delivery: 08/11-08/31
Fremont site - Home delivery