Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really?! I don't understand their process, I still won't actually believe it until I take delivery. I'm afraid to refresh now because I don't want it to disappear
That is some cray sh*t right there. Makes absolutely no sense. I checked today, they said they expect my car to be delivered some time next week. Totally don't believe a thing they say. My finance offer expires tomorrow as well....it's been 60 days, nearly 9 weeks since I ordered.

Reactions: Emmadiane
quick question on the elusive blue button...how does it come about? Example, say tomorrow morning, what should i check first, do i check my email and see if i got something from Tesla? Or, do i go to Tesla SSO - Sign In and log in? would i see it after i login? or would i see it after i click on manage?
Literally just got mine a few minutes ago. I just kept refreshing the account page and it showed up. Still no other notification. Just refresh all day, they seem to come at all different times throughout the day

Reactions: Emmadiane
You're kidding me!! I have the same exact config and ordered on 4/17 for delivery at Temecula. This is crazy! Truly, it doesn't matter when you order I guess.

Happy for you though!
I feel your pain! It’s complete and utter bull$#!+ how they are assigning builds.. Really makes me appreciate the traditional car dealership model (I know, imagine that).

Sadly I can answer this. When I got my VIN, I didn't get any kind of notification. I just happened to refresh the account page. The blue button will be in your existing car order page (after you click on manage). You can't miss it -- it will take over your page.
Thanks! I have a bookmark that goes straight to my reservation (Tesla SSO - Sign In) and sometimes it goes straight there (no login and shows my EDD) and and sometimes it asks me to login before showing my EDD. will it ask me to login or will the blue button just pop?

That is some cray sh*t right there. Makes absolutely no sense. I checked today, they said they expect my car to be delivered some time next week. Totally don't believe a thing they say. My finance offer expires tomorrow as well....it's been 60 days, nearly 9 weeks since I ordered.
As my dates pushed further, my SA would give me a coordinating build or delivery date on his end. First June then July.. I'm hoping I didn't bug him too much and get matched to a demo 😵

i agree! How is it that Tesla sold out completely for Q2 the first week of May but ALL of these people that ordered at the end of may and even up until last week got their vins and cars already?

The tesla logic makes absolutely no sense.

Thanks! I have a bookmark that goes straight to my reservation (Tesla SSO - Sign In) and sometimes it goes straight there (no login and shows my EDD) and and sometimes it asks me to login before showing my EDD. will it ask me to login or will the blue button just pop?
For whatever reason (probably iOS/mobile related), the login cookie expires much quicker than desktop. I can't remember if I actually had to login or not when I refreshed the mobile page and got the blue button. I'm going to say it probably doesn't matter and when you refresh, you'll get the button if Tesla deems you worthy enough.

This morning my EDD went to September.. Refreshed all day, and I got a blue button! Clicked to proceed with delivery and I HAVE A VIN!
EDD updated to 6/19 - 6/27
Congrats! Same exact config, ordered/complete 4/19. Picking up in Costa Mesa. Hope a good sign for me and others…
You're kidding me!! I have the same exact config and ordered on 4/17 for delivery at Temecula. This is crazy! Truly, it doesn't matter when you order I guess.

Happy for you though!
Samesies 🤔🤪

I think this is an easy adjustment by remote service (or worst case a service center). Sounds like you already have an appt. Don't stress.
I went with service center since they had availability earlier. Not stressed at all because the car is otherwise pristine. I was on the fence between white and MSM and I'm SOO happy I went with the MSM. It's GORGEOUS.

This is probaby very simple but I can not find my expected delivery date anywhere. I go to my account, manage, and I have a RN#. I have completed all the steps it asked for through payment type and getting approved for a loan but, i don't see expected delivery date or anything. About a week ago I received an email that said June 15 to 30, but I don't see that anywhere on my account. Any help would be appreciated.

Mine (order : 4/18, MYLR, MSM, black interior, no hitch, FSD) is in 16 ~ 30 June, it was same yesterday. I hope it will not be changed to September tomorrow :/.
Mine was saying June 19- June 30 up until yesterday before changing to September again today. Your date range is closer you may get that blue button today.

Last edited:
This is probaby very simple but I can not find my expected delivery date anywhere. I go to my account, manage, and I have a RN#. I have completed all the steps it asked for through payment type and getting approved for a loan but, i don't see expected delivery date or anything. About a week ago I received an email that said June 15 to 30, but I don't see that anywhere on my account. Any help would be appreciated.
It would be right under your RN# on your account. For a few days my dates disappeared altogether

Fired up my simple script today so I don't have to constantly refresh. Please don't come at me with my crappy coding...I've never used Selenium and it's been 10+ years since I've been an IC. :p

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 2.08.06 PM.png

ok thanks.. I guess i don't have dates right now!
Is your manage order page showing just "Insurance" pending? Or is it still asking about Trade-in or Loan versus Cash? So long as all those steps are done and you are only pending insurance (which can't be completed until you have a VI) then you should be fine.

I didn't have dates for the first few days but have ever since. At the same time they have been known to disappear for some short timeframes.