Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Signed up to share my status:

Ordered 2021 Model Y LR Blue/Black, 5 Seat, stock wheels and FSD on May 3rd. Burbank pickup.
Initially had a mid June window and then disappeared until June 4th. The window updated to July 23-August 12.
My advisor also left her job so between May 3 and June 4 there was a lot of headache reaching out to someone.

A lot of demo vehicles popped up so I ordered one with the same configurations except 20" Induction Wheels with 1200 miles. Burbank pickup, VIN is 161xxx. Had a June 9-12 window and that passed without an update. Advisor not very responsive. Still waiting...

Around June 12th, I checked the first order window had updated to June 13-30, then each day it was pushed a day back. Currently at June 16-30 with no VIN assigned.

Hey all, just made an account, but have been following for a long time. Wanted to provide my MY LR history. I ordered black/black MY LR no FSD May 2. EDD went from June2, then July, then June 20-30 then back and forth a few times. Yesterday, I found some existing inventory in the bay area, called my rep and he said he matched me on the spot. Told me to call into the delivery center to schedule delivery immediately. turns out HE DIDNT MATCH ME AT ALL. No one would match me (not sure why) and some nice rep in the north bay recommended I just go ahead and spend the $100 to get a new order in for the existing. So... delivery thursday! North Bay Tesla has been the most competent tesla employees I've dealt with. As of this morning, the original order has an EDD of September.

This morning my EDD went to September.. Refreshed all day, and I got a blue button! Clicked to proceed with delivery and I HAVE A VIN!
EDD updated to 6/19 - 6/27

Well what do you know, I was also getting a September EDD as of this morning and I decided refresh the page a few times earlier when I remembered to. Then about an hour ago I also had a blue button on my page!

I went to lunch, talked to my wife asking her if we wanted to take delivery of it now or wait until a later date as we originally planned. We ultimately decided to wait, but what's funny & weird is when I got back to my computer and refreshed the page again, the blue button was gone and my EDD is now back to September.

It's like I snoozed too long to accept delivery of the car (even though it was only an hour) and Tesla moved right onto the next person in line with my same build. Maybe it was a glitch and I should've taken a screen shot. LOL. Oh well, not the first time Tesla messed up my order (II posted about my March delivery debacle many pages back) :rolleyes:

Well what do you know, I was also getting a September EDD as of this morning and I decided refresh the page a few times earlier when I remembered to. Then about an hour ago I also had a blue button on my page!

I went to lunch, talked to my wife asking her if we wanted to take delivery of it now or wait until a later date as we originally planned. We ultimately decided to wait, but what's funny & weird is when I got back to my computer and refreshed the page again, the blue button was gone and my EDD is now back to September.

It's like I snoozed too long to accept delivery of the car (even though it was only an hour) and Tesla moved right onto the next person in line with my same build. Maybe it was a glitch and I should've taken a screen shot. LOL. Oh well, not the first time Tesla messed up my order (II posted about my March delivery debacle many pages back) :rolleyes:
My new theory.
You need to refresh as often as possible and catch the blue button when it happens randomly or else you will miss it when it happens and it will go back to edd without even knowing!

• Funny
Reactions: VP714 and Jeff N
Congrats on the VIN! How long after your VIN receipt until the Mvpa appeared? Got my VIN yesterday but still no agreement. Looks like we're two of the early Bay Area VIN placements before the flood of June VINs come for the rest in this forum 👏
So I just tried to reach out to SA and delivery centers and though they were not very welcoming, eventually the SA did send a follow up email letting me know MVPA was there and ready to send it off for the loan. Have you reached out to your SA?

My EDD still says September on my account page. That said, I just received the following message from my SA. Don’t know what to make of this.

E1CE9475-92EB-46E2-85A6-2F421A2F7A63.jpeg

Is your manage order page showing just "Insurance" pending? Or is it still asking about Trade-in or Loan versus Cash? So long as all those steps are done and you are only pending insurance (which can't be completed until you have a VI) then you should be fine.

I didn't have dates for the first few days but have ever since. At the same time they have been known to disappear for some short timeframes.
yes i'm just waiting to submit insurance info

First time poster, long time lurker. Ordered White/white, LR 5 seat, Tow Hitch, Gemini. Originally ordered 3/5 but placed my order on hold and then removed the hold 5/1. My EDD has floated all over the second half of June. SA in the Woodland Hills showroom told me 6/26 (seemed confident about that) about 3 weeks ago but I don't know if I believe that now. EDD switched to "September" this morning. I'm in Los Angeles.

yes i'm just waiting to submit insurance info
If you have an existing policy, you can upload that. CA law requires a grace period when buying a new car in that your existing coverage will insure you for a certain period of time. For how long depends on the provider. State Farm you have 2 weeks to submit the new car VIN and I think Geico and Farmers give you 30 days.

Reactions: mrfeb14 and Greg007