Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking that some poor Tesla employee fell victim to the ol' "reply-to-all" syndrome.
Same here.... playing with our emotions...my date was pushed back to July 7-20 was June 20-30. Hope this gets resolved. Every morning I get sucked in....but good to know I'm not alone, we should call this Tesla delivery support group!

Just received Tesla email this morning to “Prioritize your delivery by providing final payment and completing your pre-delivery tasks.”

However, I still don’t have a VIN and my dates got pushed further back to July 18 - Aug 7. Did I get the email by mistake? What does it mean and will paying get me a VIN sooner?

EDIT: Just noticing others going through the same deal. I’m still catching up on earlier posts.

I got the email this morning and no blue button after logging into my account. Just EDD of July 14- Aug 3.

I ordered 5/2/21, completed profile 5/3/21, MSM, Black Int., 7 Seat, no tow, no FSD.

The worst part is that my EDD window consistently showed 2nd half June delivery. Now EDD pushed back to July 14-Aug 3.

So, someone who works on my team is friends with a mid-level manager in Tesla’s corporate offices. He offered to have his friend look into my order.

The friend came back and said, while the EDD is correct as listed (June 24-30), the build date for the vehicle I’m assigned isn’t until early July. Wouldn’t be surprised if we miss the EDD, told me to expect delivery in July.

it sounds like management of the production queue is rather haphazard….

Got the same e mail this morning. EDD has been consistently last few weeks of June until this last week. This last week has been a real ride. Flipped to Aug, back to June, to Sept. back to June, then Sept and back to June, then Sept yesterday to July today and wanting final payment.

Reactions: APel72
Ordered 5/27, completed profile on 5/28
Sacramento
MYLR, White/Black, 7 Seats, Gemini, No tow, FSD

EDD:
5/28 - 3-13 weeks
6/4 - July 24 - Aug 13
6/8 - July 8 - 28
6/9 - July 22 - Aug 11
6/10 - July 8 - 28
6/11 - June 18 - 30
6/12 - June 14 - 30
6/13 - June 15 - 30
6/14 - June 16 - 30
6/15 - June 16 - 30
6/16 - June 18 - 30
6/17 - June 18 - 30
6/18 - June 20 - 30 *Complete Payment Email, no blue button

Reactions: Limchori
Waiting for Colma pickup instructions as well. My SA at Palo Alto has been responsive. I contacted him on Monday when VIN was assigned and he said usually pickup appointment is scheduled within 2-3 days of VIN receipt. I called him again today to explain I haven't gotten any communication yet from Colma and he checked on my vehicle. Here's his response:

"Thank you very much for checking in, after looking into your order I found out your custom vehicle has not left the Fremont factory yet. Once this vehicle clears the factory and transported to our Colma, delivery center, our team will reach out to schedule your appointment. I would estimate around early next week for you to take delivery"

I asked why the delay in transport since my VIN was assigned:

"Currently as we transition to Tesla vision some cars are on hold due to waiting for the new firmware to update. This shouldn’t take long, and our delivery team will schedule your delivery soon."

I wonder if this firmware update delay is also reducing the expected flood of CA VINs these last few weeks?🤔
Yea, that's not a good experience at all. Especially since I received my VIN yesterday and my EDD adjusted to June 18-June 21. In my opinion, if you get a VIN then your EDD should be the most accurate it's ever been at that point - guess that's still not the case though. I guess it's different preVIN, but don't narrow down to a three day window for me when in reality I have to wait a week to hear from someone.

Reactions: E-ProjexFinest