Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So....I got VIN yesterday (4/14 order and profile), website updated to 6/23-30 delivery. Early morning I had a payment link. Settled all that. Then delivery shifted til tomorrow 6/23 but by 10am I got a call from the delivery guy and by 12:30pm (a day early) the car was dropped off in my driveway. Its notably better build quality (less panel gaps etc.) than our early 2020 MYLR, but it wouldn't be a Tesla without at least one interior trim piece falling loose (A-pillar trim isn't attached). Quick fix and it will be good to roll. Amazing car and worth the wait.
Congrats! Did they drive the car over from Coloma or Fremont?

It is honestly strange to see people who ordered 1 to 2 months later (from April orders) to get their cars delivered now in CA hehehe!
I am super pissed. 4/4 order not yet delivered, SA/DA asked me to apply for financing promising early delivery and financing already expired last week. People from may and june are receiving cars while april orders are in limbo. There’s absolutely no method to this madness.

I am super pissed. 4/4 order not yet delivered, SA/DA asked me to apply for financing promising early delivery and financing already expired last week. People from may and june are receiving cars while april orders are in limbo. There’s absolutely no method to this madness.
Right there with you. 4/9 order, and no VIN yet.

Thanks Tesla for taking the joy out of buying a new car!

Just got my VIN. No email or text, just a random refresh of my account page at 10:30 and I got the blue button. Says 1-10 weeks for delivery now but I’m sure that will change as soon as my SA reaches out to schedule delivery.

MSM MYP, no tow, autopilot, black interior ordered 5/28
Same here. I’m sure we should be able to pick up within a few days now.

Reactions: RGE Kevin
Right there with you. 4/9 order, and no VIN yet.

Thanks Tesla for taking the joy out of buying a new car!
as what my SA has said to me, keeping it real. "You order the most commonly made car". If you look at most of these orders these are with upgrades. I read way back before the whole 2Q sell out that tesla most likely was going to be fulfilling orders that happen to be higher priced than the normal standard towards quarter end. Whereas standards would be received during the 1st or 2nd months of the quarter.

She’s here! Arrived via home delivery yesterday about 2pm.

With my Model 3 I got in 2019 I had several issues, including literally having to have the whole car repainted due to many defects (44 days in the shop!!). So I went through this car with a fine tooth comb, it’s next to flawless! Build quality has definitely improved. Zero issues with paint. One aero cover was not fully on the wheel, and when I popped it off I noticed one of the clips was broken and it scratched the wheel. And when moving the 2nd row forward to access the third a small trim piece pops off from underneath. That’s is.
One other observation… the cabin is so much more quiet compared to my 3. Doors shut with better feeling thump as well, much more in line with other luxury cars. Well done Tesla for making so many improvements over the past two years.

EDIT: Original Order Date 5/27, profile complete 5/28, VIN assigned 6/20 (214XXX), delivery 6/22. Google sheet updated!

AA5FE1F1-1E9B-4716-8CC9-4A5E0B984773.jpeg

Last edited:
So how does this work if your original order is 2500 less than the current market value and you have a configuration that closed matches just missing color? From what I’ve been told ANY changes will make you pay the higher price. It seems those that ordered in May up to date find a config that closed matches can just update and take delivery. And pay a difference of at most 500.
You are correct, if there is a price difference, you can add it to your financing which could take a little bit of time. In My case, since it was a Memorial day holiday, and opted to add the diff to my down payment to speed things up. Obviously that is your decision to make if you want to hang tight to get your original delivery, or find another one that is closer to your config/price or take what is available. The caveat here if you leaning towards taking whats available, decision has to be quick. That option to take now may disappear in a matter of minutes. They do go very quickly