Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, since the other side of my brain got so excited I am now awake and still on my phone. Here’s the history 72 days in since my order:

5/6: Ordered & profile tasks completed
6/02: 6/18-6/30
6/05: 6/20-6/30
6/12: 7/3-7/23
6/15&17: September
6/18: 7/4-7/26
6/19: 6/24-6/30
6/22&23: 6/25-6/30
6/24: September
6/25: 6/27-6/30
6/26-7/03: September
7/04-7/05: 7/7-7/27
7/06: 7/8-7/27
7/07: 7/9-7/27
7/08&09: 7/10-7/27
7/10: 7/12-7/27
7/11; 7/13-7/27
7/12: 7/14-7/26
7/13: 7/15-7/27
7/14: 7/16-7/28
7/15: 7/17-7/27
7/16: 7/18-7/28
7:17: October (Got the button then VIN)

I’m not worried about it showing October but it goes to show EDD is… not terribly accurate.
Same here my EDD changed to October from July 18-Aug5. Happy for you that u see the VIN assigned. So some more waiting for me then...

Same here my EDD changed to October from July 18-Aug5. Happy for you that u see the VIN assigned. So some more waiting for me then...
Be patience fellow member. When you get your button and VIN, all the frustrations will disappear. As you’ve seen this morning, I’m 72 days into my order and when I saw the VIN at 4am, I got so excited and couldn’t fall back to sleep 😂

FWIW, since I got the button and VIN this AM, I have NOT reached out to SA at all. At first I saw delivery date changed from Oct to July 17-Jul 21, then a few hours later, got a text and EDD changed to July 20, 2021, 9:00am - 6:00pm.
My financing is obviously expired but I’ll take no actions until I hear from Tesla. My guess is Tesla credit team will re-apply automatically on my behalf. I’ll simply monitor my email inbox at this point.

I’m new here but I’ve been following this thread. MYLR 5 MSM no tow no fsd. Picking up in Buena Park because home delivery wasn’t available in Placentia..and I live in a house…Ordered 6/30, completed profile 7/1. EDD has been bouncing back 9/11-9/28 and forth 9/10-9/30 for the last two weeks but today it’s the earliest 9/9! There’s “hope” at the end of the tunnel? Considering April/May orders are finally getting a VIN. I just hope my car comes before December.

SA knows nothing more than you do on EDD prior to delivery - probably just wanted to manage low expectations
agreed. They will not know anything until you actually get the VIN. So far, there's myself and another Los Angeles member on here that have completed profiles around Mid May and both SA's state beginning weeks of August is when "production" would start. Took it with a grain of salt. Best advice I've read on this forum - don't care and don't mind the EDD it's just a random number / carrot in front of the horse to you. If you ordered in July - expect 4Q2021 delivery - which might be a big benefit to those orders since giga texas might be up and running by then.

Saw a model Y today - Las Vegas MYLR black/black 5 seater, 19's, no tow no FSD at current price. I contemplated on putting the order in for that but it's hard to stomach $4000 additional (price increases since March 28th and different color).

saw this today on the 405 heading southbound just after the 10 freeway split and before the venice blvd exit. around 5-6 model y's in pearl white, blue, and msm. hope these are going to some of you!

Attachments

• IMG_1453.jpg
    IMG_1453.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 56
It’s been at July 18 - Aug 4 for couple of days prior.
Seeing others who got a vin around the same order date got me excited and I was sure mine was delivered to the delivery center in Costa Mesa because I drove by everyday for the last 3 days and seen multiple White MY(like 10+) there being prepared. I was sure one of them was mine. Last week of June my SA told me that my vehicle gate date is 7/14. So I was anticipating for a vin this week.

Woke up with October Edd. Went straight to my SA in person and asked him what he’s seeing on my order. He comes back out and says expect a Vin at the end of this month with delivery first week of August. Then he concluded with “it may be moved forward or pushed back” drove me nuts!

I then went to the delivery center in Costa Mesa and another SA showed me on his laptop Vin July 31 so should be able to get it by Aug 5. Then he concluded with “there might be another pandemic so it could be delayed”

both SA told me those are very accurate dates and I trust them but again I was told the same thing a couple weeks ago about a 7/14 vin.

5/12 order date and completed profile
5/17 changed from white seats to all black

so either of those is when I was placed in a queue.

White LR, 20” inductions, no tow, no fsd

Reactions: sunshine3200
everyone’s order is different. Even if we completed profile the same day. All the spreadsheets, patterns, data, anything on the forums, word of mouth, whatever it may be just gives you a general idea of what’s going on and what could happen but it could also be completely different from what your experiencing. SA are just messengers. What they can see is just slightly different but more so accurate than what we can see but it’s pretty much the same if that makes sense. It’s not their fault when dates change. Knowing this I’ve always given them a good attitude. Something could change in production or something might’ve happen during transit, a vehicle might be delivered to the center but didn’t pass inspection or waiting on a specific part… etc nothing an SA can control.
Closer dates mean nothing.
Even having a Vin assigned is not fully secured nowadays.

Have been lurking since end of Q2! This place has been so helpful with all the waiting and anxiety 🤣

Ordered + completed 5/16 at Dublin | MYLR White | All Black | 20” 5 seat | No Tow No FSD | EDD was all over the place, similar to many May orders, was July 18-Aug 3 yesterday and this morning October

To corroborate what I’ve learned here and from my SA interactions:
- SA really have no idea and no control (told we’d have car by end of June, then quoted mid July build date for end of July delivery, but who knows) but since Q2 it’s been unprecedented for them. Dublin manager said in 5+ years with Tesla this is the first time he could not get cars to customers by EOQ.
- If you can go to a sales center, try to find the manager/supervisor. We lucked out that one of the managers at Dublin helped us complete the profile on site. He has been pretty helpful throughout, looked out for inventory cars for us when they still existed, responded to emails etc.
- Tesla employee friend from Fremont guesses they reshuffle the order list every few weeks and prioritize more expensive orders (P, FSD, etc) which makes sense as to why some later orders get fulfilled first

Here’s to hoping October means something good is around the corner 🙏🏻😬
Very similar with yours but different delivery centers we’ll see where this goes! I got a pumpkin the exact date I ordered to compete with my actual delivery date. You can imagine how that’s looking!

It’s been at July 18 - Aug 4 for couple of days prior.
Seeing others who got a vin around the same order date got me excited and I was sure mine was delivered to the delivery center in Costa Mesa because I drove by everyday for the last 3 days and seen multiple White MY(like 10+) there being prepared. I was sure one of them was mine. Last week of June my SA told me that my vehicle gate date is 7/14. So I was anticipating for a vin this week.

Woke up with October Edd. Went straight to my SA in person and asked him what he’s seeing on my order. He comes back out and says expect a Vin at the end of this month with delivery first week of August. Then he concluded with “it may be moved forward or pushed back” drove me nuts!

I then went to the delivery center in Costa Mesa and another SA showed me on his laptop Vin July 31 so should be able to get it by Aug 5. Then he concluded with “there might be another pandemic so it could be delayed”

both SA told me those are very accurate dates and I trust them but again I was told the same thing a couple weeks ago about a 7/14 vin.

5/12 order date and completed profile
5/17 changed from white seats to all black

so either of those is when I was placed in a queue.

White LR, 20” inductions, no tow, no fsd
I have the exact same spec at you, and ordered 5/14 in Los Angeles. I had the same date range two days ago (7/18-8/4) and then got hit with “October” yesterday. I have October still today. You SA knows nothing more than we do - we are just the unlucky ones. All we can hope for is that the date improves .

I have the exact same spec at you, and ordered 5/14 in Los Angeles. I had the same date range two days ago (7/18-8/4) and then got hit with “October” yesterday. I have October still today. You SA knows nothing more than we do - we are just the unlucky ones. All we can hope for is that the date improves .
Same here. October yesterday and today. Last time for me this happened with September, and it said September for 5 days

Model Y AWD | Red | Black Interior | 20" | No Hitch, No FSD

Now 49 days since the order placed:
5-22-21: EDD 4-12 weeks
5-29-21: EDD 6-19 to 6-30
6-05-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-12-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-19-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10
6-26-21: EDD 7-16 to 8-5
7-3-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10
7-10-21: EDD 7-17 to 8-6

EDD just moved back 4 days this morning. Haven't been seeing any inventory cars in the last week. And still no VIN hiding in the html code. I get back from vacation on the 17th. So maybe I get lucky and Monday the 19th I plunge a bit further in debt to advance the mission!

The spreadsheet now shows 4 VINs assigned the last two days. Two of the four are in California.

RT
Model Y AWD | Red | Black Interior | 20" | No Hitch, No FSD

Now 56 days since the order placed:
5-22-21: EDD 4-12 weeks
5-29-21: EDD 6-19 to 6-30
6-05-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-12-21: EDD 7-6 to 7-26
6-19-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10
6-26-21: EDD 7-16 to 8-5
7-3-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10
7-10-21: EDD 7-17 to 8-6
7-17-21: EDD 7-21 to 8-10

RT

saw this today on the 405 heading southbound just after the 10 freeway split and before the venice blvd exit. around 5-6 model y's in pearl white, blue, and msm. hope these are going to some of you!
Our order is literally the same. Down to the date ordered and the profile completion. I am still waiting in Inglewood, CA with EDD 7/21-7/31. Every other day the date is pushed back a couple of days. At least reading your post gives me a little more hope.

Reactions: antyn0te