Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As soon as I was going to hit the purchase button, the EDD changed back to October. My current EDD is 9/9-9/28 with OD of 6/30. I am optimistic about having a car in September...but I am sure I won't get anything until October.

new inventory in oc area
Still available! I would be all over it except the 7 seater. Matches my config to a T.

I wonder if I buy it can it then be transferred to my existing order (yes I lose the $100, I expect that)?

Still available! I would be all over it except the 7 seater. Matches my config to a T.

I wonder if I buy it can it then be transferred to my existing order (yes I lose the $100, I expect that)?
Tried to get my fiancee to pull the trigger on it since it is very close to what she ordered. Her response "Why? I have gone this long without a Tesla, I can wait for the one I ordered."

Clearly we are cut from a different cloth.

I’ve been trying to purchase that car since it showed up and it just says error processing order please try again. The online chat employee was helpless and no one at the lake forest store will answer their phone. I hope al my deposits don’t end up going through cause that’d be pricey…

Hello, all. First post.

MYLR | Pearl White | Black Interior | 20" Induction | 7 Seats | Tow | No FSD
SC:
Marina Del Rey (Los Angeles)
Ordered: 5/2
Profile: 5/5
No VIN
EDD:
Initially June 16-30, date then disappeared for a week, then around last week of June was shown September EDD. On July 1st, showed July 14-Aug 03 EDD consistently for a few days. Late last week received the standard Tesla Delivery Team text asking to "confirm delivery once car is available, delivery address, etc." On my reply, the team responded they would be offering touchless delivery and car would need to be delivered within 3 days "once it's ready." When I first ordered back in May, customer pick up was the only option being offered. EDD then shifted up to July 12 & 13 -July 28 over the weekend, then July 14-July 28 on Monday. As of this morning, EDD has been pushed back to Aug 14-Sept 03. Feels like we're all stuck in a Groundhog Day of Elon tweets of "2 more weeks." HA!

On a side note, live near the Marina Del Rey (LA) SC and pass it a few times a week. Leading up to Q2 end, it was bustling with many customers picking up their Ys & 3s. In early July though, it looked like a ghost town and the delivery lot has for the most part been completely empty. When I visited the Century City mall showroom yesterday, the only thing on the floor was the bottom shell of a car showing off the frame and motor assembly. I was tempted to ask them to slap a steering wheel on it and I'd take it. Ha! Prior to Q2 end they had a MYP and M3P on display, so it really does look like they sold everything on hand and why there's nothing showing in inventory.

Cheers to all!
Hi fellow Teslateers! A quick update to add to the data points. After seeing my edd window shorten to about 10 days, happy to report I finally received the blue button to proceed with delivery and my VIN 233xxx late Sunday afternoon 77 days from order date (or 74 days from profile completion date, if that’s what you track.) After accepting, EDD jumped to October but then after a refresh quickly thereafter had a firm delivery date and window set in the app for today, July 21st, between 9am-6pm.

Anyhow, once I received the VIN, everything seemed to roll smoothly. I’m only 4 miles from the Marina Del Rey SC and they were very communicative via text. Like many of you, turns out my financing expired and they asked for permission to refresh it, change to cash or arrange for my own financing. Luckily for me, my credit score had also risen during these last 10 weeks and the new offer was enough to shave off another point in financing. I was initially approved with Chase but US Bank picked up my new offer.

Well as of a few hours ago, car has been delivered and I can confirm Bio Defense mode, but no mud flaps nor PPF for the rear tires so it’s very likely a regional thing. See my post above for all specs. And save for a piece of masking tape and a little plastic on the interior roof window, the car is in flawless condition.

Here’s to hoping you all receive good news soon!

Hi fellow Teslateers! A quick update to add to the data points. After seeing my edd window shorten to about 10 days, happy to report I finally received the blue button to proceed with delivery and my VIN 233xxx late Sunday afternoon 77 days from order date (or 74 days from profile completion date, if that’s what you track.) After accepting, EDD jumped to October but then after a refresh quickly thereafter had a firm delivery date and window set in the app for today, July 21st, between 9am-6pm.

Anyhow, once I received the VIN, everything seemed to roll smoothly. I’m only 4 miles from the Marina Del Rey SC and they were very communicative via text. Like many of you, turns out my financing expired and they asked for permission to refresh it, change to cash or arrange for my own financing. Luckily for me, my credit score had also risen during these last 10 weeks and the new offer was enough to shave off another point in financing. I was initially approved with Chase but US Bank picked up my new offer.

Well as of a few hours ago, car has been delivered and I can confirm Bio Defense mode, but no mud flaps nor PPF for the rear tires so it’s very likely a regional thing. See my post above for all specs. And save for a piece of masking tape and a little plastic on the interior roof window, the car is in flawless condition.

Happy 😃 for you!! I’m getting good vibes too!

Congrat.
I got my car today too. really happy with it. now time to enjoy car. good luck everyone