Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD held steady for late August to mid September then jumped to early September to late September yesterday. As of today it's 9/8 to 9/28.

I realized earlier today that being in CA means I'm likely going to be part of the end of quarter rush (if I'm lucky). Was hoping for something early Sept, but it is what it is I guess!

Reactions: TiggerOC
I’m starting to get really frustrated. EDD was 7/25 to 8/12 as of yesterday and had been pushing back +1 for the last week, leading up to today. Needless to say, I was becoming optimistic that I’d receive my car soon as I deciphered the +1 as them fine tuning delivered windows. Woke up today to 8/4 to 8/24 😑. This is getting so old.

Called the Rocklin store, where I will be picking up, and the dude on the phone sounded annoyed and said “blah blah blah chip shortage…hopefully soon, blah blah, I only have access to the same info you do (BS), blah blah blah, hopefully this is the last delay.”

This process has been beyond annoying. Ordered base MYLR on 5/16 and completed same day.
Same store as you . . . very frustrating. I was showing 6/30, now 8/27-9/16. 6/30 would have been early (6/4 order), but the perpetual pushing out is getting old.

Reactions: Vanessafromcal
I’m starting to get really frustrated. EDD was 7/25 to 8/12 as of yesterday and had been pushing back +1 for the last week, leading up to today. Needless to say, I was becoming optimistic that I’d receive my car soon as I deciphered the +1 as them fine tuning delivered windows. Woke up today to 8/4 to 8/24 😑. This is getting so old.

Called the Rocklin store, where I will be picking up, and the dude on the phone sounded annoyed and said “blah blah blah chip shortage…hopefully soon, blah blah, I only have access to the same info you do (BS), blah blah blah, hopefully this is the last delay.”

This process has been beyond annoying. Ordered base MYLR on 5/16 and completed same day.
Haha I called as well the guy acted like it was hassle to just check my order status. Took him literally 1 minute.

Holy crap, I just saw an existing inventory pop up in my zip code and was able to buy! It went through and I have a VIN. Kind of freaking out. My husband did all the stuff the first time and he’s working on the wildfires with no cell service. Can they transfer this RN to his account? Will they take the car away from me if I don’t complete details like now?

Holy crap, I just saw an existing inventory pop up in my zip code and was able to buy! It went through and I have a VIN. Kind of freaking out. My husband did all the stuff the first time and he’s working on the wildfires with no cell service. Can they transfer this RN to his account? Will they take the car away from me if I don’t complete details like now?
I would just keep your order as is and cancel his order. You will lose the $100 either way. Maybe get your or some Sales Advisor on the phone or better yet, in person and see what the best plan is.

I would just keep your order as is and cancel his order. You will lose the $100 either way. Maybe get your or some Sales Advisor on the phone or better yet, in person and see what the best plan is.

I was curious about the same thing. If I can find an exact match to my order and then buy it, can they transfer that to my order that has the base price locked in at $48990. I’m fine to lose the $100, but I’m not cool to lose $5000 just to skip the next 1.5 month wait.

Last edited:
I was curious about the same thing. If I can find an exact match to my order and then buy it, can they transfer that to my order that has the base price locked in at $48990. I’m fine to lose the $100, but I’m not cool to lose $5000 just to skip the next 1.5 month wait.
It’s not an exact configuration - it’s $3500 more than our previous order. I might just go through with my order and cancel his. I think with the more expensive price, we would have to re do financing anyways.

Order date of 7/14... EDD originally Sept 18-30th

Friday: Moved to Sept 23-30th
Today: Completely disappeared

Lots of people in LA that ordered in May and still have no VIN - come back in a month or two - for now your EDD means nothing - I’ve seen everything from June to Oct
Agreed, EDD means very little. @WaitingInLA, if you have a MYP order then give it some time. If it's MYLR, EDD won't mean anything for a while. It might disappear, go to October, be next week, disappear again, go to September, rinse and repeat.

Reactions: ModYLA
Agreed, EDD means very little. @WaitingInLA, if you have a MYP order then give it some time. If it's MYLR, EDD won't mean anything for a while. It might disappear, go to October, be next week, disappear again, go to September, rinse and repeat.
I have zero clue why I embarked on this journey knowing I'm the most impatient person around. Lol

My car was totalled and I was forced to jump in with both feet a little earlier than planned. I guess being carless and trying to come up with a plan for the next X number of months is what truly stresses me. I need to make a plan that doesn't consist of renting cars from now until God knows when.