Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turn your phone landscape and you can see signatures

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

No communication...just happened to check the website (like my dozens of checks a day "just happen"). Called a random SA and he said my car just came out of the factory, so waiting for them to reach out and enable the "Review Agreements" button...
Yeah I tried to checkin with my dealership and they insist they dont see anything more than our accounts show. I am 84 days in...still no vin LR Blue, tow package, 20" induction rims.

No communication...just happened to check the website (like my dozens of checks a day "just happen"). Called a random SA and he said my car just came out of the factory, so waiting for them to reach out and enable the "Review Agreements" button...
I stopped by my dealership today, they insist they cant see more than we do in our accounts. I am 84 days in and no vin. Blue LR, tow package, 20" induction rims, no fsd.

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for several months waiting to get the right feature mix and delivery date. I just ordered:

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order placed 07/31

The delivery date is listed on my order page as "December". Since I'm out in the Central Valley, my delivery location choice was Stockton. The only other radio button choice was listed as Fremont (which I assume would pop over to Dublin).

For me I was trying to target a Oct-Dec delivery date and I was waiting for the HEPA filter. Looks like I'll get to experience the Dec 31 VIN rush. I would have liked the new 12 Volt battery, but I can always get an Ohmmu if Tesla doesn't deploy the new Model S 12V battery to the Model Y before I take delivery.

Thanks to everyone for 379 pages of excellent info. I've read it all :)

Now I'm in line...

Scott

I stopped by my dealership today, they insist they cant see more than we do in our accounts. I am 84 days in and no vin. Blue LR, tow package, 20" induction rims, no fsd.
Yeah, until a VIN shows up, I don't think they have any real info. Depending on how much optimism, pesimism, realism or fantasy the person is embracing in the moment, you'll get any kind of "random" answer. I'm sure they're trying to do their best, but like all of us on this forum, it's just a best guess. Hopefully you're wait will be over soon...the 80+ day crowd is the new 70+ day of a couple weeks ago?!?

Just put down my order with phone agent as of today 07/30/2021
I understand most fees but can someone explain what exactly are these fees for (highlighted in red)?
Not a deal-breaker but would love to understand the reasoning for these fees thanks!

Model Y
$39,990.00
20’’ Induction Wheels
$2,000.00
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
$14,000.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00

Car Price
$57,290.00

Additional Charges​

Tire Fee
$7.00
License Fee
$372.00
Electronic Filing Fee
$30.00

Registration Amount
$280.00
Sales Tax
$6,158.68

Total Cost of Vehicle​

$64,137.68​

Payments Received​

Order Deposit
- $100.00

Additional Credits​

CA Clean Fuel Reward
- $1,500.00

Amount Due​

$62,537.68​

that's tesla filing your registration electronically for you, the order fee is the $100 that reserve your order non refundable. If in case you back out of the deal, you lose $100.

I just received notification that my car is ready for delivery. I ordered in January of this year but placed on on hold until two-three weeks ago. VIN is 238xxx and when I check the Teslainfo site, it says the car could have been manufactured between March through May of this year. With that build, what can I expect to have in the car? Would it have the Hepa filter like I see some people receiving or is this build too early on?

Took delivery of our White on White LR yesterday! Exactly 80 days from profile completion. Picked her up from Burbank which was really smooth. They have you check in with your DL and then go down to a level of the parking structure to find your car. A lot of cars and a lot of people picking up yesterday.

The car is in excellent shape. Inspected it thoroughly and only found one body gap issue (see picture) with the trunk. Paint and interior are flawless. Only other little issue was that the keys were warped but they replaced them immediately.

I am very grateful for this forum because I don’t know how I would have coped with this ridiculous waiting process without you all. I will say that it is absolutely worth the wait! Damn you, Elon haha.

Attachments

• C2B7ACA5-7E30-480B-B4DA-A7FA7AC7EBF5.jpeg
    C2B7ACA5-7E30-480B-B4DA-A7FA7AC7EBF5.jpeg
    773.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 4AFADCB4-6531-4F3D-B844-67D0D7731387.jpeg
    4AFADCB4-6531-4F3D-B844-67D0D7731387.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 40
How on earth do you still not have your car?? Did you piss off Elon Musk? Lol
If I had known about this forum prior to starting this journey I would have made better decisions. Although I placed the order in April I did not complete financing until May 17th. Should be receiving my car any day now according to completion date. 🙏🏻

Reactions: kmconnor4
Well, the magical day has finally arrived! At the ass crack of dawn, I received VIN 239XXX! Delivery immediately changed to Aug 3-6.
I agree with so many others like @Where’s my car that if I had know to complete my order page on April 19th, I probably would have received my car in June or early July. But I didn’t know better and completed my order page at the beginning of May. My fault.
This process has been a pain and so very awful, but I truly thank you all for the help and comradery! Hang tight everyone!! Hoping for a smooth delivery process!

I just received notification that my car is ready for delivery. I ordered in January of this year but placed on on hold until two-three weeks ago. VIN is 238xxx and when I check the Teslainfo site, it says the car could have been manufactured between March through May of this year. With that build, what can I expect to have in the car? Would it have the Hepa filter like I see some people receiving or is this build too early on?
Based on the VIN it will have Hepa (bio defense) which is really the only major improvement and started around 225xxx they’ve made over the past few months. It will also have no radar (just vision) and no passenger lumbar changing ability - which was removed a couple months back.