Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow - reading everyone losing their date and getting pushed - it’s unbelievable Model Y is trending towards a 4-6 months wait kind of car - no bueno - that said I had my EDD change to October a few weeks back for an entire week and then updated back again like a “glitch” - let’s hope that’s the case here

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthStar
Just an update on my delivery experience yesterday.
Received a text about an hour before our delivery telling us that the car was at this address in spot #6.
We arrived just a couple of minutes early with a check from our bank and started inspecting the outside of the car.
Soon an advisor came out and greeted us and asked us to login to the website (can't do it on the app) and "Accept Delivery" (another blue button).

Before we arrived, we were sent an email to "accept delivery" which I didn't want to do before inspecting the car. The folks at delivery said they would not unlock the door until we click accept delivery - that is just their deal. I was concerned at first, buuut they don't ask you to pay yet and apparently the delivery can be refused even after clicking that button.

So we were able to spend as much time as we wanted looking inside and out. The key cards were already in the car along with the paperwork.

We found a dirty headliner and some greasy looking stains on the back seats. They sent someone out to clean that stuff (apparently the "detailers" use a lot of sunscreen and sometimes it gets on the cars. So Tesla's "detailing" is not detailing as we know it - I think they just take off most of the plastic wrap (we found some on the liners on the outside that we could rub off).

The only issues other than cleanliness: the hatchback is misaligned - you can see how it sticks up on one side and is recessed on the other. Also the driver's side coat hangar does not close once opened (unless you are super careful with it). I made an appointment for this weekend - hopefully these are easy fixes. Everything else was perfect.

Good luck everyone, as everyone before me has stated - it is worth the wait and frustration!

Just an update on my delivery experience yesterday.
Received a text about an hour before our delivery telling us that the car was at this address in spot #6.
We arrived just a couple of minutes early with a check from our bank and started inspecting the outside of the car.
Soon an advisor came out and greeted us and asked us to login to the website (can't do it on the app) and "Accept Delivery" (another blue button).

Before we arrived, we were sent an email to "accept delivery" which I didn't want to do before inspecting the car. The folks at delivery said they would not unlock the door until we click accept delivery - that is just their deal. I was concerned at first, buuut they don't ask you to pay yet and apparently the delivery can be refused even after clicking that button.

So we were able to spend as much time as we wanted looking inside and out. The key cards were already in the car along with the paperwork.

We found a dirty headliner and some greasy looking stains on the back seats. They sent someone out to clean that stuff (apparently the "detailers" use a lot of sunscreen and sometimes it gets on the cars. So Tesla's "detailing" is not detailing as we know it - I think they just take off most of the plastic wrap (we found some on the liners on the outside that we could rub off).

The only issues other than cleanliness: the hatchback is misaligned - you can see how it sticks up on one side and is recessed on the other. Also the driver's side coat hangar does not close once opened (unless you are super careful with it). I made an appointment for this weekend - hopefully these are easy fixes. Everything else was perfect.

Good luck everyone, as everyone before me has stated - it is worth the wait and frustration!
Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your new car!

EDD ranges since I ordered 6/30:
Sept. 9-20, Sept 10-28, Sept 11-28, Sept. 15-30, Sept 16-30, Sept 17-30 (back and forth between 15 to 17 for days on end...).

Up until 8/2 OCTOBER such defeating date to see. Let's hope it's a glitch like many said. I am thinking those that had their EDD disappeared has better luck. I should have pulled the trigger for that 7 seater...or MYP

EDD ranges since I ordered 6/30:
Sept. 9-20, Sept 10-28, Sept 11-28, Sept. 15-30, Sept 16-30, Sept 17-30 (back and forth between 15 to 17 for days on end...).

Up until 8/2 OCTOBER such defeating date to see. Let's hope it's a glitch like many said. I am thinking those that had their EDD disappeared has better luck. I should have pulled the trigger for that 7 seater...or MYP
I've had a similar EDD experience to yours; shifting to one day, and October today as well.