Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OHHHH *sugar* FOLKS YOUR BOY GOT HIS VIN. Landed in Austin for my bachelor party and refreshed the page at the urinal. 247, EDD switched to 8/11 - 8/15. Hope they don’t want me to take delivery while I’m across the country. FYI: If you get to your account page and it says “2021 Model Y”, you’re in business.
@Mrskahn - view attachments. @thewhitewolf shows how the VIN showed up on his manage order page. Click on his username hyperlink in the quoted post and it should bring you to the post.

Reactions: Mrskahn
Wow - you ordered the exact same MYLR as me, but almost 2-month later, and yet your EDD is before mine… 😱😱😱

I'm beginning to suspect that another component affecting the EDD is the Delivery Center (DC) that was selected. At the Fremont factory, the cars line up in rows to be loaded onto a truck; and pop on once a truck actually shows up for that filled row. So the truck is probably going to a single DC. That might be why most folks actually have dates for the EDD, but my Stockton DC is keeping me at "December". They might be waiting to accumulate a number of Stockton orders before they commit to a production run and a date. :confused:

I had 2 choices when I ordered: Stockton and Fremont (which we know is typically rerouted to Dublin). I chose Stockton, so I seem to be in the EDD penalty box. At least it has stuck at December and hasn't slipped into January -- but I recognize that is just because December is EOQ.

So if you live near Stockton and haven't bought yet, please go buy a Tesla so that I can actually get my car. 😄 I thought of changing DC, but we know that diddling might reset me in the queue.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

Reactions: royallychill
Not sure if I can answer all, but here goes.
1) A few I am aware of EOQ (end of quarter); EDD (Estimated Delivery Date)
2) Yes/No. It kind of appears anything after November may be accurate, as the Texas factory should be up and running. That way Fremont can focus on West Coast orders. Average wait from order and completion of profile date is 90 days to receive a VIN #
3) This agreement button doesn't appear until you have a VIN and will be accepting delivery a day before
4) Some people advised doing Cash and then changing it to financing when you receive a VIN and shopping around for rates
5) avoid it! lol jk. I follow this post and the June waiting room. After you post 5 or responded to at least 5 posts. You can update your signature. My signature is below, but if you're on a smart phone, turn it landscape to view.

Good luck to you and your journey. I am approaching 45 days in since order/completion. So I am about halfway through the waiting game.
So helpful, much appreciated, good luck to you too.

I'm beginning to suspect that another component affecting the EDD is the Delivery Center (DC) that was selected. At the Fremont factory, the cars line up in rows to be loaded onto a truck; and pop on once a truck actually shows up for that filled row. So the truck is probably going to a single DC. That might be why most folks actually have dates for the EDD, but my Stockton DC is keeping me at "December". They might be waiting to accumulate a number of Stockton orders before they commit to a production run and a date. :confused:

I had 2 choices when I ordered: Stockton and Fremont (which we know is typically rerouted to Dublin). I chose Stockton, so I seem to be in the EDD penalty box. At least it has stuck at December and hasn't slipped into January -- but I recognize that is just because December is EOQ.

So if you live near Stockton and haven't bought yet, please go buy a Tesla so that I can actually get my car. 😄 I thought of changing DC, but we know that diddling might reset me in the queue.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
That is interesting. I live in Brentwood and had the choice of Stockton or Dublin. I chose Dublin mainly because if necessary I can get there on public transit (BART). In June when my husband got his car we chose Dublin as well and somehow that turned into home delivery and was told the car was never at Dublin it was at a staging area in Tracy for prep and delivery (maybe an EOQ2 thing?). Anyhow I hope you get a EDD range instead of "December" soon.

--

I ordered by mid of July to be delivered to Stockton

Wow, we ordered 7/3 and it's been holding at 9/18 to 9/30. Hopefully this doesn't carry all the way to December.
When I ordered 7/11 the configurator had an estimate of October, before the end of the month it had ballooned to December. Guessing that had something to do with trying to bring Austin on-line, as it’s hard to believe the rest of October AND November sold out in a couple of weeks.

My EDD was consistently the last 2 weeks of September, giving a false sense of hope that SoCal would be getting a large influx of end of qtr deliveries. Today barely hanging on to the last day of September through 10/20. Really nothing to complain about since October was the estimate when I ordered.

What is concerning though are the number of May/June orders that still haven’t received VINs, I feel for you guys, and makes me worry that it’s going to be a bumpy ride as the EDDs bounce between false hope and reality as I likely see my EDD slip to end of October, November and hopefully at least a Merry Christmas delivery.

Looks like Red has been the hot inventory item opening up this week.
1628895272220.png