Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone in CA actually gotten a VIN recently? It feels like I haven’t seen any CA VINs in the past 2 weeks or so, maybe we will get a flood of them soon.
I think they have been focusing on east coast, southeast and now midwest the past couple of weeks based on other threads I have been watching. My opinion is probably this coming week we may start seeing VINS for lingering April, May and June orders on the West Coast, and the week after Labor Day we'll start seeing a flood of California orders get VIN's for the end of Quarter Push. Unfortunately for me I think that means if you are within 100 miles of the factory you may get pushed to end of September to get cars down to SoCal first. But all this seems like logic to me, but we've seen order fulfillment isn't logical with Tesla.

All that to say, I hope so!

Yep, mine was stable at August 26th - September 15 for the last 4 days. Meaning that I was inside my window for 2 whole days until it got changed to October this morning. I anticipate that will probably happen for you too possibly.
this is the same thing that happened to my MYP order.
EDD was stable at 8/22-9/11 for 2 weeks. On 8/23 it changed to 8/25-9/12. Since yesterday (8/26) it changed to "4-5 weeks"

I think they have been focusing on east coast, southeast and now midwest the past couple of weeks based on other threads I have been watching. My opinion is probably this coming week we may start seeing VINS for lingering April, May and June orders on the West Coast, and the week after Labor Day we'll start seeing a flood of California orders get VIN's for the end of Quarter Push. Unfortunately for me I think that means if you are within 100 miles of the factory you may get pushed to end of September to get cars down to SoCal first. But all this seems like logic to me, but we've seen order fulfillment isn't logical with Tesla.

Damn I live like within 20 min of the factory.

I ordered my MYLR on July 26. My EDD has been November for quite some time. I am really frustrated! Jumped to January when I checked this morning! I am not a quitter but I am thinking about getting off this rollercoaster and going another direction.
Hang in there. Orders are taking 3-4 months (or more) for fulfillment. There is a parts shortage, and lots of orders. This is not a roller coaster, but a long climb up a steep hill.

Boooooo! It’s my turn!!

I ordered my MYLR on July 26. My EDD has been November for quite some time. I am really frustrated! Jumped to January when I checked this morning! I am not a quitter but I am thinking about getting off this rollercoaster and going another direction.

I am in the same boat with you.

I just checked and it's my latest yet, the dreaded "January": Estimated delivery: January

This opens the door for sure. I was watching a number of (non-Tesla) EV developments before ordering the MYLR. If any of those start to look possible, I might join you. But we aren't in any rush. This is all worth $100 for the entertainment value if nothing else.

Reactions: kithytom