Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date 5/18. EDD fluctuated all over the place and then settled into December-January. 8/29 Received VIN and Delivery Date of 9/4.

MYLR white on white, fsd, 20" wheels, 5 seater. Pickup location Marina Del Rey service center.

I did visit my service advisor on 8/29 and treated him to some Starbucks. He went into the back room and came back out 30 minutes later and said "Great news, you'll have your car in a week" 🤷‍♂️

Order date 5/18. EDD fluctuated all over the place and then settled into December-January. 8/29 Received VIN and Delivery Date of 9/4.

MYLR white on white, fsd, 20" wheels, 5 seater. Pickup location Marina Del Rey service center.

I did visit my service advisor on 8/29 and treated him to some Starbucks. He went into the back room and came back out 30 minutes later and said "Great news, you'll have your car in a week" 🤷‍♂️
Very nice! Same exact config here…. Ordered 17 days after you. I’ll start counting down from 17 now. 😉

What?!?!?! A Starbucks latte has been the barrier between me and MY!!!!!

Wow... your May order had a December-January EDD? That's insane. But then you got your VIN -- so now, that EDD on the tesla site is even more worthless considering you went from Dec-January EDD to VIN and delivery this Saturday! Congrats!

Hello,

New and first post.

I placed an order for a MY LR August 2nd, 2021 and the EDD has fluctuated a bit. It went from December to November to January and now back November 11th to December 1st. I drove a MYP today and considering changing my order to P if my date keeps fluctuating. Actually, I may just change it because I liked driving the MYP. :D

Hello,

New and first post.

I placed an order for a MY LR August 2nd, 2021 and the EDD has fluctuated a bit. It went from December to November to January and now back November 11th to December 1st. I drove a MYP today and considering changing my order to P if my date keeps fluctuating. Actually, I may just change it because I liked driving the MYP. :D
I did this but not for the reason of getting it sooner. I wanted the MYP in the beginning but convinced myself to get the MYLR. I test drove both trims again over the weekend and just fell in love with the MYP. I switched my May order yesterday and got a 264xxx VIN three hours later.

Reactions: mrfeb14
I did this but not for the reason of getting it sooner. I wanted the MYP in the beginning but convinced myself to get the MYLR. I test drove both trims again over the weekend and just fell in love with the MYP. I switched my May order yesterday and got a 264xxx VIN three hours later.
So there is part of me that wonders now if when you switch to a P if your original order date is preserved. so although in essence you had a new P order, since your original order was in May, they system saw you as an unfulfilled May order for the seemingly already prioritized "P" model and that's how you received the Vin so quickly. I'm still wondering if my order is considered 8/1 (original order date) or 8/17 (when i switched).

Either way Congrats and hopefully it means more VINs coming soon!

I also considered the MYP. But for me after looking at the price difference ($7k at time of order after wheels and AB). Then it
with wheels I didn’t want (can’t rotate, faster wear, harsher ride, more expensive tires, more likely to get damaged on a pothole), and the suspension I didn’t need (harsher ride) and brakes I’ll rarely use I just couldn’t justify the extra cost.

Now especially with my $48990 base price the cost difference to change is just not worth it in anyway.

I do like the look and performance of the P, but I can’t justify the investment when the MYLR already has really good performance.

Maybe next go around. 😉

Reactions: diddy
So there is part of me that wonders now if when you switch to a P if your original order date is preserved. so although in essence you had a new P order, since your original order was in May, they system saw you as an unfulfilled May order for the seemingly already prioritized "P" model and that's how you received the Vin so quickly. I'm still wondering if my order is considered 8/1 (original order date) or 8/17 (when i switched).

On the documentation, my order date moved from 5/22 to 8/30. My SA said that I go back into the queue with any vehicle changes. Perhaps it’s EOQ timing but I want to believe that my previous May OD somehow prioritize my MYP order.

Reactions: mrfeb14
Wow, that's insane. Congrats! What was your EDD on your May LR? You were probably a week or two away.

Maybe they have Model Ps in production without buyers until close to completion vs the LRs?