Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, first post here. I ordered a White/White MYLR 5 seater with Induction wheels on 7/16/21 with a delivery time of 11-13 weeks showing before ordering. After ordering, the EDD started with a date in September, went to October with no specific date, disappeared entirely, then went to October 5-25, then October 11-21, and is now at October 18 - November 7. I was hoping to get it before October 11 since I’m leaving for a road trip then, but looks like that won’t happen based on what I’ve read here.

Reactions: PB FUTED
Hi, first post here. I ordered a White/White MYLR 5 seater with Induction wheels on 7/16/21 with a delivery time of 11-13 weeks showing before ordering. After ordering, the EDD started with a date in September, went to October with no specific date, disappeared entirely, then went to October 5-25, then October 11-21, and is now at October 18 - November 7. I was hoping to get it before October 11 since I’m leaving for a road trip then, but looks like that won’t happen based on what I’ve read here.
No tow hitch.

Reactions: DDubbsEV
Logged in to my account and saw a message that my credit offer had expired so I had to redo my credit check again. If the car had come on time, it wouldn't have expired. Hopefully, that doesn't ding my score in a negative way.
Same here, mine is about to expire-- Leases are 90 day approval windows. Read up on it, and it shouldn't really ding your credit that much. Most likely either nothing or 5 points. Hard inquiries make up a very small portion of the score. Also, for auto loans the credit bureau allows you 45 days to seek out multiple offers (hard checks too) without it counting against you, but I'm sure you're over that period.

I have 8 days left on mine, and my EDD says September 13th...

Reactions: LSJR
Wow... your May order had a December-January EDD? That's insane. But then you got your VIN -- so now, that EDD on the tesla site is even more worthless considering you went from Dec-January EDD to VIN and delivery this Saturday! Congrats!
It settled into December - January, it was originally July, and then just went haywire all over the place. That's when I said I had enough and paid my SA a visit.

Noob here. First off, MYLR, red/white, Induction wheels. No towing needs. Order date 8/6. EDD was mid Dec-early Jan. All of a sudden it jumped way up to Sept 14-30. Anyway this is non-vapor? I guess the reason my hope is higher than maybe it should be is that it's pretty soon. I also wonder if all of you switching over to P is bumping the rest of us up. ;)

Final comment: a business practice that creates so much demand that people switch to a 7k more expensive product to avoid waiting is a smart one, even if it's incredibly frustrating. Obviously you have to see if that pays off in the long run.

Same here, mine is about to expire-- Leases are 90 day approval windows. Read up on it, and it shouldn't really ding your credit that much. Most likely either nothing or 5 points. Hard inquiries make up a very small portion of the score. Also, for auto loans the credit bureau allows you 45 days to seek out multiple offers (hard checks too) without it counting against you, but I'm sure you're over that period.

I have 8 days left on mine, and my EDD says September 13th...

Thanks! Good to know! I considered switching the terms from 36 to 24 because these cars seem to change so much. But, ultimately, left it at 36.

Noob here. First off, MYLR, red/white, Induction wheels. No towing needs. Order date 8/6. EDD was mid Dec-early Jan. All of a sudden it jumped way up to Sept 14-30. Anyway this is non-vapor? I guess the reason my hope is higher than maybe it should be is that it's pretty soon. I also wonder if all of you switching over to P is bumping the rest of us up. ;)

Final comment: a business practice that creates so much demand that people switch to a 7k more expensive product to avoid waiting is a smart one, even if it's incredibly frustrating. Obviously you have to see if that pays off in the long run.
Mainly because you are in the bay area, and they can build and deliver the car to you in < 24 hours. So they have a very small window for you (if someone else backs out, or is unable to take delivery then it will go to a local Bay Area order) if you can take delivery by 9/30.

Reactions: Reebles
Mainly because you are in the bay area, and they can build and deliver the car to you in < 24 hours. So they have a very small window for you (if someone else backs out, or is unable to take delivery then it will go to a local Bay Area order) if you can take delivery by 9/30.
Bay Area here... 20 minutes from Fremont. I ordered in May... still no VIN... EDD range moved back by 10 days yesterday... and now my EDD range rests in the same 9/14 - 9/30 range as someone who ordered on 8/6. I don't think being in the Bay Area helps.

Bay Area here... 20 minutes from Fremont. I ordered in May... still no VIN... EDD range moved back by 10 days yesterday... and now my EDD range rests in the same 9/14 - 9/30 range as someone who ordered on 8/6. I don't think being in the Bay Area helps.
This is the type of thing I don’t understand. How do I have similar EDD range as you and I ordered 8/13 and you ordered in May? Doesn’t seem to make any sense…

Reactions: TatisJr
Well like I said, it could also be vapor. It just popped up and I understand it could shift. I think the Bay Area makes a difference, have heard this elsewhere, but isn't the ballgame. Could still easily not get those cancellations or unable to take delivery. One thing I wondered is I have a rarer paint/interior combo, so if someone backs out of that, the list of takers is probably shorter. So, you might be helped by Bay Area, but if you're waiting on white/black there are probably still hundreds in front of you. If it's a less frequent combination, you move up faster in the canceled queue. If you can take delivery more quickly, even faster.

Either way, guess I hope it holds. Really didn't plan on taking it this early, but even my wife was excited that it may come several months sooner than planned.

Makes me wonder if the accelerated EDD for August orders mean that GigaAustin is picking up in production and taking the load off Fremont. I'm assuming it's quite rough for buyers waiting months to end up getting a car around the same time as someone who ordered 1-2 months later, but I'm hoping this is a great development long term for California/West Coast customers, hopefully even better or Bay Area customers.

You can cross your fingers and hope the EOQ EDD is accurate. I ordered 5/27. The range when I ordered was 3-13 weeks. Early on I had EDDs for the end of June and thought since I was in the bay area I might get one of those cars. Even had SAs tell me it looked like I could get it EOQ or 1st week of July.

Here I am now almost 14 weeks from the order date still with no VIN. EDD is 9/2-9/22. Hoping it's accurate, but I've met the beginning of my EDD only to have it pushed back multiple times now, so I don't get my hopes up too much.

Reactions: Limchori
1630445106952.png