Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD 9/8-9/11. I don't currently have a car and want to purchase Tesla Insurance (best quote i've received), but it won't let me purchase until i have a delivery date scheduled. However I received and email (probably automated) saying i need to complete the insurance section to "prioritize" delivery :rolleyes:

anyone know if i really need to do the insurance step to schedule delivery.. i'm ready to hit the Purchase tesla insurance button... but so far I can't...

Even with this I'm excited!!!!

Tesla insurance? Does that only cover the tesla? What about multi-vehicle discounts? Only good for multiple teslas?
Not aware if Tesla offers multi-vehicle discounts? Tesla was substantially cheaper compared to quotes from Progressive, Gieco and State Farm. Progressive quoted $80 more per month, Gieco $70 more for the same coverage. Go Tesla!!!😆

Reactions: mrfeb14
page, there is a Next Steps tab (next to the Completed Tasks tab). Under Next Steps, one of the items is Insurance. You may need to click the "+", "-", or "check" icon to expand it. If you uploaded your existing insurance card, it will show there.

There is also a big "Get A Tesla Insurance Quote" button. I think Insurance stays in the "Next Steps" category is so that they
thank you so much…I can’t believe that this was outstanding. Does this mean that my profile date wasn‘t in July but today? I had taken care of financing. I’m going to cry if today is the profile date.

The sad thing is that I went into Tesla store…they looked up my profile and said that I was good to go 3 weeks ago!! 😭

If you set payment as cash they will offer you a home delivery. But if it’s financed then more likely a pickup at delivery center. There are 2 types of home delivery. Hand off or drop off. Hand off is when they collect the payment from you upon delivery. Drop off is when full payment has been submitted online via wire transfer so all they do is park your car and leave. Right now they prioritize the drop off because it’s a for sure sale. Hand off can be risky if it ends up being rejected or payment issues(it does happen) and they have to take it back.

• Informative
Reactions: DDubbsEV
If you set payment as cash they will offer you a home delivery. But if it’s financed then more likely a pickup at delivery center. There are 2 types of home delivery. Hand off or drop off. Hand off is when they collect the payment from you upon delivery. Drop off is when full payment has been submitted online via wire transfer so all they do is park your car and leave. Right now they prioritize the drop off because it’s a for sure sale. Hand off can be risky if it ends up being rejected or payment issues(it does happen) and they have to take it back.
Is this true? I have cash selected, but I am planning on changing to finance through Tesla. I already got the loan approved and DCU rate match confirmed. I just need to call and ask them to change to finance is I can confirm the finance.

Is this true? I have cash selected, but I am planning on changing to finance through Tesla. I already got the loan approved and DCU rate match confirmed. I just need to call and ask them to change to finance is I can confirm the finance.
I have been Finance though tesla all the way through and they switched me to home delivery and even though I tried to switch back to pick-up they said no. Not sure what the criteria is for home delivery these days but I think It will appear in my driveway and I'll have to do all the accepting or rejecting online. I the electronic transfer of money (not Plaid).