Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprised your July MYLR order has gotten three VINs before many of us May or June orders have gotten any VINs and that this third one is actually sticking. Congrats! You're a lucky one for getting one in just over 2 months while there are many of us with over 100 days still waiting for a VIN.
Thanks! I honestly don't know what the deal was with this but just glad it is ending and hopefully many get there's during this end of quarter push.

First day if being inside my EDD range (9/13 - 9/26)... really hoping to get a VIN this week.

But in the meantime, the electrician just finished installing this today. Now I just need something with four wheels to plug it into. 🤣
20210913_114659.jpg

Well, my earliest EDD lasted about a week. They pushed me back to December again, or more than a month from where it stood last I checked.

Estimated Delivery: December 10 - December 30

Mid December has been my guess for a while now, so it's still in that range at least...
I’ve been in that window since the readjust a few weeks ago. Ordered 8/2, was December then snuck into November for a bit. We’ll see about year end crunch time…

The day has finally come..... got my VIN this morning (9/13) from my order back on 2/21. It only took 204 days :rolleyes:

Well, I actually got a VIN for this order back in March (139xxx), but after the debacle of Tesla selling my car right before taking delivery of it, I was placed back into the waiting queue and finally received another VIN today (273xxx). I received the VIN for my MYP on 8/18 and that was 252xxx, so Tesla has made at least 21,000 cars in the past month.

I thought about holding off on taking delivery and getting bumped to the end of the line so I can get a 2022 delivery with a Y built with the megacast pieces, at the $48,990 price. However, I had a couple of friends wanting to buy this car so I'm going to buy it and resell it to one of them at my cost to who ever is ready to take it. If both of them flake on this, then I shouldn't have any trouble reselling this right way and getting my money back (total 'out of pocket' price is $57,044 for a 'basic' wht/blk MYLR, Gemini 5-seater, with the addition of the Tow pkg).
Do you really think you can resell at cost even after paying California taxes on it?

Do you really think you can resell at cost even after paying California taxes on it?

As I said in my revised post, the actual OTD cost with CA taxes for my MYLR order is $54,520 for the 'basic spec' car but with the tow package. That's for a 2021 Model Y LR with a build date of Sept 11 (only 2 days ago).

Website currently shows $53,990 for the 'basic spec' car by itself, before taxes & fees. Add the tow package and that's another $1000, and the current delivery date is in February 2022.

So yes, buying it and immediately reselling it at my cost (no money lost, not looking to profit from this) with maybe 15-20 miles on it, will be easy to do. I've already had a handful of people message me about wanting to buy it, but I'll only go that route if neither of my friends decide to buy it.

We would keep it if it were a different color, but having another white Model Y is no bueno for the wife.

Reactions: DZMY