Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the next closest SC to me is Buena Park. I guess MDR is only doing home deliveries right now so it won’t be a pickup…
I am supposed to pick up..we’ll they told me it was being delivered MDR for pick up. Maybe that’s why my delivery appointment has not been scheduled yet because they’re delivering to my home? Which would be awesome! It’s a 40 min drive 😂

Inventory MYs seem to cost more than regular orders. Is destination fee included? My MYLR W/W/19 cost $56,290. Similar inventory cars sell for $57,990. Why the discrepancy?
Yes it’s included I believe there was a $1000
Price hike since June and $2000 of those that ordered in April/may. So the inventory cars are based on today’s order.

MYLR MSM Black Interior Fremont
Order Date: August 27
EDD: December

I was able to find an existing inventory MYP MSM White Interior with Tow hitch for pickup at the Stockton location (VIN 270XXX). I was able to get the order in, and financing figured out in 1 day, and they even called to tell me I could come for pickup a few days early since the car is already ready. So yesterday I took the mini roadtrip out and got an absolutely beautiful new Tesla (with 62% charge). With a checklist handy, I spent about 20 min going over the car in detail. Almost everything is perfect, there's an extremely minor paint chip on the edge of the drivers door. Additionally the passenger door sounds a bit loud when closing, but everything looks aligned. Maybe I'm just hearing things and over analyzing it. Service in Fremont can scheduled service this Thursday to look at both.
The drive back was delightful, autosteer gave me the chance to really enjoy the relaxing drive. I spent $9.99 to charge back up to 90% at the supercharger near home since I haven't had time to get an electrician out to install a charger yet!

Since my DC is also Stockton, I'd appreciate hearing a little bit more about your pickup experience. Stockton is one of the less busy centers, so there isn't much reporting by folks here.

Thanks,

Scott

PS for those unfamiliar with Stockton, here it is on a busy EOQ push day (Sept 9). Yes, Stockton is not a high-throughput delivery center so it is usually pretty deserted. Stockton also has a Service Center. Photo curtesy of Teslitored
1632081641183.png

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
ODD: November
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Last edited:
I don’t think destination fee is included
If you order that config with 20” wheels that is the purchase price now
That’s why I mentioned it’s based on the price you’ll pay today for a new order. I originally ordered in June (on hold now) and since then there have been price increases. I ordered mine in June with price (current configuration MSM black 20” no tow or FSD and it was 52990. Got a demo 9/14 same configuration with mileage discount price was for the car was 53990. Hence the $1000 price hike I was talking about. Included in that price range was $1200 destination and document fee.

Since my DC is also Stockton, I'd appreciate hearing a little bit more about your pickup experience. Stockton is one of the less busy centers, so there isn't much reporting by folks here.
The Stockton location is oddly placed, I honestly got lost trying to navigate the maze in the auto park. Even with google maps we were brought behind the dealership, it took about 5 min to get around the lots and odd streets. There were some streets blocked off too. It wasnt very busy, the Tesla lot was very open. But internally the 4 or 5 associates were constantly busy helping with test drives and other deliveries. I arrived, made sure all the online instructions were followed, e signatures and down payment made. It took about 15 min to get someone to find my paperwork for registration and sign it. About 20 or so minutes later, my car was freshly cleaned and up front. I was able to inspect the inside and outside before ever accepting delivery online, allowing me to refuse it. I spent some time looking it over, clicked accept, and drove off. The autopilot calibration took a few miles, but then I was able to park and enable it