Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late night crossposting to this thread...

I've finally joined the VIN club!!! 274xxx 🤩

Distill.io notified me that it changed to "2021 Tesla Model Y" around 1:30 am. EDD prior to this was 9/24-9/30, now it is 9/23-9/27. I did not get an e-mail yet.
@witchy @dietcoke YEAH for that white interior!!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Congrats! Now I have to sort out my delivery time since Tesla apparently automatically scheduled me for a day and time I cannot get my car 😩😅 I’ve never heard of them auto-scheduling a delivery with no text for delivery options.

@witchy @dietcoke YEAH for that white interior!!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Congrats! Now I have to sort out my delivery time since Tesla apparently automatically scheduled me for a day and time I cannot get my car 😩😅 I’ve never heard of them auto-scheduling a delivery with no text for delivery options.
Thanks! Congrats to you too! (And I hope everyone else gets their VINs soon!)

Yeah I just got an email to schedule my delivery. I was offered the 26th or 27th (with my EDD being 25-28). I picked earliest appointment on the 26th, haha.

I'm trying to finance through DCU (or rate match after), and I'm set to cash. Does anyone know if the MVPA has to specify DCU for DCU to make a loan offer? I remember there being conflicting info on this.

Reactions: GildedVines
Sounds like they did a white interior batch, so they must be going back to black interior in the next few days! Passing on the good VIN vibes to @akathuria @ad_astra_bay @mcp105 and everyone else still waiting 😀

Anyone expecting delivery or took delivery from Marina Del Rey recently? I got a text in July saying it was going to be home delivery (the "Tesla Drop program") but I just selected my delivery appointment and that sounded like I'm going there to pick it up. I texted my SA but no reply yet.

Edit: Just got a response from my SA, they said it was pick-up. So I guess MDR is no longer home delivery only.

Last edited:
I received a call 9:30 this morning from my SC about picking my car up today! 🎉 TBH, it’s been a chaotic process with various people telling me various conflicting things, but eventually I received a scheduling call and I’m set to pick up this evening! Apparently, there are 60 pickups scheduled ahead of me just today. EOQ push for sure! We have approved financing and I’m preparing to e-sign my documents this morning. We decided to pay down payment using a cashier’s check because the person I spoke with initially at the SC acted like I’d need to put the ACH through before seeing the vehicle if I chose that payment method and I’m not comfortable putting money down on a car I haven’t even seen in person yet. Will post pics once I have my car! Good luck and good vibes to those still waiting for VINs or delivery! 🤞🏻🙏🏻🥰

Sounds like they did a white interior batch, so they must be going back to black interior in the next few days! Passing on the good VIN vibes to @akathuria @ad_astra_bay @mcp105 and everyone else still waiting 😀

Anyone expecting delivery or took delivery from Marina Del Rey recently? I got a text in July saying it was going to be home delivery (the "Tesla Drop program") but I just selected my delivery appointment and that sounded like I'm going there to pick it up. I texted my SA but no reply yet.

Edit: Just got a response from my SA, they said it was pick-up. So I guess MDR is no longer home delivery only.
I am picking up in MDR as well! I am going tomorrow at 3pm, my text said to go to an underground parking that has an open gate, login using app, to access DMV paperwork, drop off signed paperwork in drop box. I texted asking about the finance cashier's check I have..no reply yet.

Reactions: witchy
I am picking up in MDR as well! I am going tomorrow at 3pm, my text said to go to an underground parking that has an open gate, login using app, to access DMV paperwork, drop off signed paperwork in drop box. I texted asking about the finance cashier's check I have..no reply yet.
Interesting, I guess they've moved to that for contactless delivery! Let us know how it goes so I can prepare for Saturday :D

Interesting, I guess they've moved to that for contactless delivery! Let us know how it goes so I can prepare for Saturday :D
I originally had Saturday! but got a call and said you can pick up as earliest as Friday. I will give you a detailed recount of my process. I hope the garage isn't a dark dingy place. I should bring a flashlight LOL just in case.

Anyone know for sure what model year we'll be getting if EDD is December-January? Stopped by the SC when my EDD was just "January" and was told I would get a 2022. EDD has since changed to 12/8-12/28...will I still get a '22? Of course, there's nothing in my account to indicate either one. 🤔

Finally!

B4BDFE7F-3D92-418E-B62D-60DD345FE6C0.png

Anyone know for sure what model year we'll be getting if EDD is December-January? Stopped by the SC when my EDD was just "January" and was told I would get a 2022. EDD has since changed to 12/8-12/28...will I still get a '22? Of course, there's nothing in my account to indicate either one. 🤔

There are several things that might be in a 2022 that aren't in a 2021:
  • 12V lithium battery
  • front/back/mega casting (some combination)
  • wood trim on the doors (like Shanghai's version)
  • electric frunk open/close
  • add back in the passenger lumbar support
  • something else...

So you'll want to decide how important one of these might be to you. For me, I would like the 12V lithium battery but that can easily be retrofit. The wood trim would be nice. But I'm not holding back. My delivery is also "January"

In the past, Tesla has released new cars in October, but that doesn't appear to be the case this year because the NHTSA VIN decoder hasn't been updated yet. To release a year "N" car on October 1st means that Tesla would have needed to file with NHTSA 60-days before (by around August 1).

However, model year aside, Tesla has been very good about adding things mid-stream. Of these, the 12V lithium battery is probably near the top of their list because of the problems with the 12V lead-acid batteries. It is cheaper to pop-in 12V lithium batteries than to keep replacing the failing lead-acid batteries (and Tesla has probably already raised the price to compensate). Likewise, the new castings are cheaper than the old 70-part weld-ups.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Last edited: