Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody know of a link for the most recent delivery checklist available for public use? The ones I found dates back to beginning of this year and 2020. I'm wondering if anyone has stumbled upon or know of any recent updated ones. Thank you!
Here's the latest Tesla Model Y Delivery Checklist that I found.

Reactions: kinetics_
I ordered MYLR on 7/9. Current edd is oct 15th to 30th. What should I do if I want to delay my delivery to December or early January? Also what happens if i don't accept anything online after vin has been assigned? Will my order get cancelled or will i get put back in the line again?
We can always switch :) I have a delivery date of Dec 15 to Jan 30th, dont let that car go to waste!! Give it to someone ready.

Reactions: ryneezy
View attachment 715167View attachment 715254
Excuse the dead grass.. we’re in a drought y’all. Lol.

Here’s my sequence of events:
OD: 2/21/21
Profile completion: 6/15/21
Test drive: 1/23/21 (and ONLY time I’ve driven a Tesla)

9/24: VIN assigned around 2:20p. No notification. Noticed the 2021 on my dashboard before “Tesla Model Y”.
- Received email re: payment for the down (which I did through Plaid) and delivery a few hours later (home delivery scheduled for Sunday 26th 9-6p - I wasn’t given an option for pick up or the time in the email even though when I ordered, home delivery wasn’t an option). Received text confirmation shortly after email.
9/25: Received text (same number that sent out the “reply September if you’re ready” that got everyone excited) at around 8:20a stating my Y was ready and if I’d prefer, could be delivered that day instead. Of course I replied ‘YES PLEASE!!!!’ considering I was leaving for LA on Sunday. Whoever was on the other end was responsive as they were replying to my texts. Address and order was confirmed. Agreements were available on my account right after confirmation to take sooner delivery. Car arrived approximately 2 hours later. (Nothing except key cards and a Tesla booklet inside the vehicle.) Followed steps in email to accept delivery and how to set up phone access.

Didn’t notice anything obvious to need to report. There was string hanging out from underneath the back seats which I just tucked back underneath. Looked like twine. Some glue that I was able to rub off on the panels around the windows. LOTS of fingerprints and streaks on the windows and side mirrors. I’ve never owned a black car and didn’t even THINK how bad the fingerprints could get. Paint looked great though. I immediately installed Tesla mud flaps. SUPER easy and took probably a minute.

Overall super happy with the vehicle. 2 guys dropped it off. They said they were interns. One was training so their process took a little longer.

While I’m in LA, my husband took it to get ceramic tinted. 35% front and 75% at the back for heat reduction (didn’t want the back windows darker than factory tint.) For those interested or in the Bay Area, Mr. Tint does an amazing job (we’ve done 3 vehicles with them and they all were flawless.) Tesla package for all the windows minus the roof and windshield was $625. Roof I’m gonna do soon.

PPF for the front and Ceramic for the body is scheduled for Friday. I think I’ll be more comfortable driving after all that is done. Still waiting for floor mats also (3D Maxpider to be delivered mid Oct.)

Can you believe I was scared to drive it at first? Drove it for several miles. Last time I drove one myself was in Jan so I forgot the feel of the regenerative breaking and had to watch a bunch of videos on the basics as far as driving. There’s about 113 miles on it and that’s mostly my husband (having fun with my car while I’m in LA.)

Just a bit of context:
My previous car was a 2007 Lexus IS. Prior to that a 2001 Civic (base model with roll up windows.) This is the most expensive car I’ve ever purchased and I plan on keeping this as long as I can - ideally 10 years minimum. I’m definitely excited to finally have it. No one in my immediate neighborhood has a Y. Several Model 3’s and a couple X. My sister who ordered on 7/18 has an EDD starting 10/6. She’s also getting excited now that she’s been in mine. She ordered white/black with the induction wheels.

All that waiting was well worth it… as I’ve read over and over again by everyone who took delivery. I’m SO thankful to have found this forum as I’ve learned so much more than I expected. I plan to still be around but will lurk in other forum topics.

Hope this helps!

Typed up on my phone so excuse any typos or grammar issues.
Thank you for your detailed write-up on what to expect! I was wondering what the process would be like. Love your choice of colors and wheel. The Tesla we have on order is for DH And fingers crossed it’s coming next month (ordered end of May but finished profile early July). I had an IS too but upgraded to a Porsche which I love in black on black.…Taycan is next! But I’m super excited about DH’s Tesla but I’ll be kind of scared too with the brakes!

We had been thinking of PPF full body but what happens if you’re in an accident? Does it all need to be replaced? DH is not a car guy so I think he’s happy to just tint it And forego the PPF.

For any CA deliveries planning on HOV stickers…. From all my reading turn around time was about 3 months at peak, but possibly faster now. I’m thinking of submitting first half of November looking for 2022 stickers. Anyone else giving this a consideration? Worst thing that could happen is I get 2021 stickers and lose a year. I cannot let that happen.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: DZMY
For any CA deliveries planning on HOV stickers…. From all my reading turn around time was about 3 months at peak, but possibly faster now. I’m thinking of submitting first half of November looking for 2022 stickers. Anyone else giving this a consideration? Worst thing that could happen is I get 2021 stickers and lose a year. I cannot let that happen.

Thoughts?
I thought the blue stickers were the last year? Has Sacto renewed the program?

Thank you for your detailed write-up on what to expect! I was wondering what the process would be like. Love your choice of colors and wheel. The Tesla we have on order is for DH And fingers crossed it’s coming next month (ordered end of May but finished profile early July). I had an IS too but upgraded to a Porsche which I love in black on black.…Taycan is next! But I’m super excited about DH’s Tesla but I’ll be kind of scared too with the brakes!

We had been thinking of PPF full body but what happens if you’re in an accident? Does it all need to be replaced? DH is not a car guy so I think he’s happy to just tint it And forego the PPF.
Good question! I will ask when I drop off the vehicle on Friday. 🙂

Reactions: Momvivant
I thought the blue stickers were the last year? Has Sacto renewed the program?
The next color issued after the blue stickers will be the final year (unless the program is renewed)....

1632928723359.png

The next color issued after the blue stickers will be the final year (unless the program is renewed)....

View attachment 715788

Thanks for the info, Jeff. I guess we'll wait until Jan. 1 to apply. Only question is what color is next. I correctly guessed blue last time. We'll probably cycle back to yellow.

I used to live in Trabuco Canyon. Hoping to get back to SoCal soon.

Reactions: Momvivant

Thoughts?
I read the same thing. I'm waiting until either second half of November or first half of December.

Reactions: DDubbsEV

Thoughts?
I'm thinking of applying 2nd half of December to be sure I get 2022 stickers. Would hate to risk losing a whole year.

Does anyone know how easy it is to remove the HOV stickers and how noticeable the paint color difference will be underneath those stickers after a few years?

Reactions: ryneezy and AlB3
I'm thinking of applying 2nd half of December to be sure I get 2022 stickers. Would hate to risk losing a whole year.

Does anyone know how easy it is to remove the HOV stickers and how noticeable the paint color difference will be underneath those stickers after a few years?
I was just looking into this..I haven't found anything yet but I think I am going to apply in December for my decal. I was driving on the freeway earlier today and looked like one of the stickers was peeling off halfway...which made me think of it.