Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just went to the Fremont factory and Dublin DC hoping to see my MY before delivery appt tmrw. Didn't see it and not sure if I just missed that or they will delay yet again. I saw some MYs with VIN 283xxx in the factory. Other MYs has VIN ranging from 275xxx to 282xxx. Also out of the about 100 vehicles I saw, there's not even one with W/W 19".
My vin is 275xxx so one of those could be mine. I'm tentatively schedule to take home delivery today 9/30 from Buena Park. My SA called yesterday saying it's coming down from Fremont but they haven't received the shipment yet.

"deferred my delivery about a wk ago" -> How did you do that? Am in a similar boat for a different reason. Unexpected international travel, and would prefer to defer delivery to late Q1.
they send you a text message if you want to take the delivery this month or delay. Simply reply to the message saying you want to delay it. They delayed it for a little less than a month. My account says it is on hold till early Oct. Idk how many times I can delay it tho.

• Informative
Reactions: ryneezy
I have seen at least 7 rigs on the freeways of southern California with Tesla's on them over the past 5 days. I only saw black and white model 3 and model y's on those rigs...no other colors....Of course I picked a grey mylr with tow on 7/7...what are the chances I get the vin on the 7th of October? 777??
I also have MSM with Tow coming to SoCal, hopefully it is coming soon!

So I just went to the Fremont factory and Dublin DC hoping to see my MY before delivery appt tmrw. Didn't see it and not sure if I just missed that or they will delay yet again. I saw some MYs with VIN 283xxx in the factory. Other MYs has VIN ranging from 275xxx to 282xxx. Also out of the about 100 vehicles I saw, there's not even one with W/W 19".
I just received a text message yesterday said my car builld be build on 29 or 30th. and give a tenative delivery date on 30th. I finish all the paper work/payment and hoping the car could appear in my garage today. My config is W/W 19''.

Reactions: DZMY and MTBevrider
I just received a text message yesterday said my car builld be build on 29 or 30th. and give a tenative delivery date on 30th. I finish all the paper work/payment and hoping the car could appear in my garage today. My config is W/W 19''.
Good luck to you! I just got text from Dublin saying my MY has arrived at their location and is going through the final inspection. I'll be picking it up this afternoon sometime between 4-8pm

Last year, 2021 models starting coming out of the factory in October

Look at the VIN, "M" date code in November of 2020
True, I guess my meaning was more along the lines of the vin date or model year means nothing for Tesla. They don’t introduce changes with the switch of a letter on a vin plate. So getting a 2022 model year model y is not saying you will get new features. They are simply letters and numbers that mean nothing. Everything with Tesla is based on build date.

Reactions: DZMY
Hi there,
I got delivery of the car late in the evening (after 7 pm) today and didn't get a chance to inspect the car in daylight. Now I've got a text to accept the delivery before 12 am. Is there a chance to point out any issues post-delivery within the 100-mile limit? Do I have to accept before 12 am?

Reactions: TatisJr
Hi there,
I got delivery of the car late in the evening (after 7 pm) today and didn't get a chance to inspect the car in daylight. Now I've got a text to accept the delivery before 12 am. Is there a chance to point out any issues post-delivery within the 100-mile limit? Do I have to accept before 12 am?
At least you got your car. I was scheduled to be delivered by 9/30. But somehow the car didn't show up. Now the delivery appointment jumps to 10/4???? Did anyone know what I can do to get my car earlier?

The sticker for the build date is on the drivers side on the B pillar. The date is the unidentified innocuous number in the upper-left corner of the sticker.

On the VIN code, "M" is for 2021. "N" will be for 2022. Unlike previous years, it appears that Tesla is holding 2022 models until January.

So a VIN code of ...MF279### is a 2021 model from Fremont.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Where did you hear this from?

In order to sell a 2022 model (VIN date code "N") Tesla has to send NHTSA a VIN decoder 60-days before the first car. They haven't done this yet.

In previous years, Tesla sent them the VIN decoder in August for cars sold in October.

Scott

PS they also have to assign a Factory Code to the new factory in Austin, Texas. Perhaps it will be "A", or perhaps "T" for Texas. They haven't done this yet either. Note that F=Fremont and C=Shanghai.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton