Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my MY at Dublin yesterday at 6. Some minor paint issues and the right rear light is misaligned. Will schedule a service appointment today. I pid with a cashiers check and the process was pretty smooth with the trade in. They didn’t really inspected the trade in which has some minor exterior defects. Car is all good, I’ll probably get aftermarket black rims to replace the gemini.

Attachments

• 17230E44-6930-417A-B89A-EAAE70D24891.jpeg
    17230E44-6930-417A-B89A-EAAE70D24891.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 8B459751-816A-4618-9737-1CCA235B427D.jpeg
    8B459751-816A-4618-9737-1CCA235B427D.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 4AF17F9C-242D-4D28-83F2-678C3BD2C519.jpeg
    4AF17F9C-242D-4D28-83F2-678C3BD2C519.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 82B0EEDD-5149-481E-BC05-484A503BD037.jpeg
    82B0EEDD-5149-481E-BC05-484A503BD037.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 66
Got my MY at Dublin yesterday at 6. Some minor paint issues and the right rear light is misaligned. Will schedule a service appointment today. I pid with a cashiers check and the process was pretty smooth with the trade in. They didn’t really inspected the trade in which has some minor exterior defects. Car is all good, I’ll probably get aftermarket black rims to replace the gemini.
Congrats!! Someone in the other main thread posted pics of his painted black Gemini (without caps), looks sweet. Might be worth looking into.

Reactions: jyug
Congrats!! Someone in the other main thread posted pics of his painted black Gemini (without caps), looks sweet. Might be worth looking into.
Saw various versions of black gemini on YouTube and they just don’t look very good imo. I’m getting the 19” replika r241s for about $1000 and selling the gemini wheels so expecting to spend around ~700 for upgrades wheels.

Reactions: e645824 and TatisJr
Data point here: After several delays in my expected delivery date, finally received my VIN on 9/28 with a delivery appointment for 9/30. Call from Tesla on 9/30 to say they didn't have the car yet and pushing out my delivery to 10/2. Spoke to the DC today and the car still hasn't left the factory so they think Monday is more likely. Sooooo... seems like they were trying to get as many VINS out as possible by 9/30 but they're struggling to get the cars off the line and delivered now. Hard to say if this is an outlier or if others keep experiencing similar delays and uncertainty.

Black/Black MYLR 5 seater with 20" wheels and tow hitch, no FSD. Marin County.

Data point here: After several delays in my expected delivery date, finally received my VIN on 9/28 with a delivery appointment for 9/30. Call from Tesla on 9/30 to say they didn't have the car yet and pushing out my delivery to 10/2. Spoke to the DC today and the car still hasn't left the factory so they think Monday is more likely. Sooooo... seems like they were trying to get as many VINS out as possible by 9/30 but they're struggling to get the cars off the line and delivered now. Hard to say if this is an outlier or if others keep experiencing similar delays and uncertainty.

Black/Black MYLR 5 seater with 20" wheels and tow hitch, no FSD. Marin County.
similar to me. got the vin on 9/27 with delivery appointment for 9/30. but no car appear yet. call to them today and they told me today is 1st day of Q so it's a day off for delivery. So even my car is ready but no one will be there for delivery or pick up. postpone my delivery date to 10/4.

Reactions: DonCarleone
Saw various versions of black gemini on YouTube and they just don’t look very good imo. I’m getting the 19” replika r241s for about $1000 and selling the gemini wheels so expecting to spend around ~700 for upgrades wheels.
I was thinking about getting the Replika's as well. Are you planning on keeping the OEM tires and TPMS?

Ideally, I'd put some new tires on the Replikas and sell the whole gemini set but I want to keep the TPMS. Not sure how a set missing TPMS would sell.

I was thinking about getting the Replika's as well. Are you planning on keeping the OEM tires and TPMS?

Ideally, I'd put some new tires on the Replikas and sell the whole gemini set but I want to keep the TPMS. Not sure how a set missing TPMS would sell.
I would keep the original tires and just sell the wheels. I think you can get tpms sensors in amazon and have someone install them

Since we just passed the EOQ push, a few remaining folks may get their vehicles that were still in-transit. But for the most part, it will probably be quiet in NorCal and SoCal as Fremont ships to other parts of the country for October.

Is anyone with an April, May, or June MYLR order still waiting on their vehicle? My order date is July 31, so I was hoping to be near the front of the line by now, but my EDD still says the generic "January". Today is my Day #63 and I only had real EDD dates for three days.

Thanks,

Scott

PS for "December" on my graph, I had assigned it December 31. You can see from the bifurcation at Day #36 that my assumption was correct. So I assigned "January" to be January 31.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

1633190378152.png

Last edited:
Since we just passed the EOQ push, a few remaining folks may get their vehicles that were still in-transit. But for the most part, it will probably be quiet in NorCal and SoCal as Fremont ships to other parts of the country for October.

Is anyone with an April, May, or June MYLR order still waiting on their vehicle? My order date is July 31, so I was hoping to be near the front of the line by now, but my EDD still says the generic "January". Today is my Day #63 and I only had real EDD dates for three days.

Thanks,

Scott

--
MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31

View attachment 717078
June order here. Currently in my EDD now. I assume it will change on Monday. Last year when I picked up my previous model Y it was at the end of October so most likely looking the same for this one.

Reactions: e645824

Thanks,

Scott

PS for "December" on my graph, I had assigned it December 31. You can see from the bifurcation at Day #36 that my assumption was correct. So I assigned "January" to be January 31.

--

View attachment 717078

While I certainly don't disagree with you, my circumstances don't reflect this. I get my car delivered tonight (at 2am, per Tesla). I'm about 10 miles from the factory. My EDD was originally set to be within the EOQ, but got pushed out a few days as the quarter ended. My guess is they had a group of cars that alllllllmoooooooooooost made it out for EOQ, but didn't, for whatever reason. Since VINs were assigned, they're going ahead with the deliveries in the first week of Oct.

That's one data point, at least.

Reactions: e645824
While I certainly don't disagree with you, my circumstances don't reflect this. I get my car delivered tonight (at 2am, per Tesla). I'm about 10 miles from the factory. My EDD was originally set to be within the EOQ, but got pushed out a few days as the quarter ended. My guess is they had a group of cars that alllllllmoooooooooooost made it out for EOQ, but didn't, for whatever reason. Since VINs were assigned, they're going ahead with the deliveries in the first week of Oct.

That's one data point, at least.

Yes, we aren't disagreeing. Yours is probably one of the in-transit orders that didn't quite make it to you by Sept 30 and will be delivered a couple of days after October 1. Hopefully there are several folks in the same boat.

Congratulations! 🎉

--