Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quiet here on the VIN front, but good to see some EDDs narrowing. The Current Delivery Times thread on the other hand is seeing some VIN activity in the other states. Guess Tesla is giving other parts of the country some love after EoQ rush on west coast. Looking forward to seeing some of you get VINs so I can feed my false hope that mine could actually come in on the front range of my “stuck” EDD (even though I know the 11/2 back end is just Tesla trying to gradually get me to accept that another month will come and go)

I'm thinking of applying 2nd half of December to be sure I get 2022 stickers. Would hate to risk losing a whole year.

Does anyone know how easy it is to remove the HOV stickers and how noticeable the paint color difference will be underneath those stickers after a few years?
I saw something on RPM Tesla about a PPF sized for HOV stickers. I made note of it for when it was time. I didn't think much about when to apply for the HOV stickers but thanks to this forum, now I know I should wait closer to the end of the year.

Reactions: johnc925
I saw something on RPM Tesla about a PPF sized for HOV stickers. I made note of it for when it was time. I didn't think much about when to apply for the HOV stickers but thanks to this forum, now I know I should wait closer to the end of the year.
The PPF behind the sticker will only help you remove the sticker without leaving behind traces of the sticker on the paint. However, the sticker itself will act as a UV protector and it will protect the paint underneath from fade vs the other exposed parts of the car.

This just in…no change. Now 1-week out from beginning of window that has been constant since 8/30. Since I’m an optimist going to cancel my premium connectivity subscription on my M3 (renews tomorrow) since I’ll be selling my car really soon, like as soon as I get my VIN, which should be next week, right??? It’s gonna happen, right??

Reactions: ryneezy
My date moved to 10/8-10/21. I called to see if the delivery center or stores have the Wall Connector and the agent (central, not delivery center) told me that car is scheduled to arrive ~10/8 and should get VIN this weekend.

Told me to call delivery center in Costa Mesa; I did so tried to get more specifics on what the 10/8 is. He would not even disclose it. 😣

Those in OC…hopefully our cars are coming down the same transport carouse and this weekend!!!

Reactions: TatisJr and DrRamen
My date moved to 10/8-10/21. I called to see if the delivery center or stores have the Wall Connector and the agent (central, not delivery center) told me that car is scheduled to arrive ~10/8 and should get VIN this weekend.

Told me to call delivery center in Costa Mesa; I did so tried to get more specifics on what the 10/8 is. He would not even disclose it. 😣

Those in OC…hopefully our cars are coming down the same transport carouse and this weekend!!!
You have almost the same build as me so hopefully this is true! With the upcoming decrease of the clean rebate hoping to get the car this month. The sweet spot would be if we could get the 2022 VIN build also!

Picking up in Costa Mesa as well.

So the car will be delivered to the DC before you receive the VIN ???

Keep the faith, fellow Californians. Just received my VIN this morning: 286xxx. VIN shows "M", so still a 2021 build. Was able to setup a delivery date for next Monday. So from start to finish will be just over 90 days (probably a fairly average wait time??). The Tesla insurance quote came in at about $500 less for the year than AAA, so I went ahead and set that up as well (very painless process). Good luck everyone!

Keep the faith, fellow Californians. Just received my VIN this morning: 286xxx. VIN shows "M", so still a 2021 build. Was able to setup a delivery date for next Monday. So from start to finish will be just over 90 days (probably a fairly average wait time??). The Tesla insurance quote came in at about $500 less for the year than AAA, so I went ahead and set that up as well (very painless process). Good luck everyone!
Congrats! I’m trying hard, to keep the faith… it’s tough…