Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep the faith, fellow Californians. Just received my VIN this morning: 286xxx. VIN shows "M", so still a 2021 build. Was able to setup a delivery date for next Monday. So from start to finish will be just over 90 days (probably a fairly average wait time??). The Tesla insurance quote came in at about $500 less for the year than AAA, so I went ahead and set that up as well (very painless process). Good luck everyone!
Could you send a message to your SA and ask for your VINs manufactured date? That could tell us if this is a Q3 holdover or if this was produced in October/Q4

My EDD still hasn’t changed so while hopeful, realistically don’t think it will be on the same truck. Costa Mesa as well.
Fingers crossed for all of us!!!
So the car will be delivered to the DC before you receive the VIN ???
I wrote the post quickly on my phone earlier and made a mistake. She said ~10/10, not 10/8. The agent said that I would get the VIN some time this weekend.

Reactions: TatisJr
MYLR White/White, Induction Wheels, no FSD, no tow, 5 seater with a 7/16/21 order date - my EDD updated on 9/6/21 from 10/21/21 - 11/7/21 to 9/29/21 - 9/30/21. I was ambiguously excited about the 1-day EDD for 3 days until it updated on 9/9/21 to an EDD of 10/12/21 - 11/1/21. Getting so close and the wait is becoming exponentially more agonizing. It doesn’t help that the exact spec Y is parked down the street from me teasing me every morning on my run.

Reactions: TatisJr
MYLR White/White, Induction Wheels, no FSD, no tow, 5 seater with a 7/16/21 order date - my EDD updated on 9/6/21 from 10/21/21 - 11/7/21 to 9/29/21 - 9/30/21. I was ambiguously excited about the 1-day EDD for 3 days until it updated on 9/9/21 to an EDD of 10/12/21 - 11/1/21. Getting so close and the wait is becoming exponentially more agonizing. It doesn’t help that the exact spec Y is parked down the street from me teasing me every morning on my run.
I have the same date and almost the same config (except for black interior) as you! My EDD has been sitting at 10/16-11/05 for weeks now.

Reactions: Everlast
Keep the faith, fellow Californians. Just received my VIN this morning: 286xxx. VIN shows "M", so still a 2021 build. Was able to setup a delivery date for next Monday. So from start to finish will be just over 90 days (probably a fairly average wait time??). The Tesla insurance quote came in at about $500 less for the year than AAA, so I went ahead and set that up as well (very painless process). Good luck everyone!
Congratulations :) My OD is 07/06 , so hoping good news is around the corner.

My OD was 8/29 with a EDD of 12/13-1/7. That disappeared about 2 weeks ago and hasn’t updated at all. Anyone happen to know if I edit for induction wheels if that will put me in the back of the line? If so that would be an 8 month wait which I’m not in favor of doing.

Is that your only car? We have all our policies with AAA, including auto. I’m just wondering that for us, whether it’d be a wash with the $500 savings for the multi-blah discounts. A couple of my friends also got car insurance thru the Costco insurance for their Teslas.

Is that your only car? We have all our policies with AAA, including auto. I’m just wondering that for us, whether it’d be a wash with the $500 savings for the multi-blah discounts. A couple of my friends also got car insurance thru the Costco insurance for their Teslas.
I was with AAA for 35 years but my Model 3 premium went through the roof. I was able to insure, at same coverage through Costco, all 3 cars for $200 less than what AAA wanted for just my Model 3. So if this is your first Tesla be prepared for a shock. The rep even said “yeah it seems like we just don’t want to insure Tesla’s”. Maybe they have changed their view since then and it won’t be that bad for you, but I already left.

Reactions: Momvivant
Just got by first EDD after being in the dark for over a month. LR/Red/Black/NoTow, OD: 9/4, new EDD is 12/21-12/31 (which is surprising given that estimated delivery was "January" when I ordered, and February a couple days later). I'm assuming it'll get pushed back, but one can hope for an end-of-quarter Christmas miracle 🤞

Granted the fellow forum members that post on this thread are a small subset of all CA orders, but seems there has been only one VIN posted since EoQ. Even on the main thread only 1 for today. Wonder if they have “drained” the queue from EoQ production and are re-tooling for either 2022 model or new “features” like new door trim, etc. Will be interesting to see if some VINs start dropping over the weekend and if there is anything new on them when they arrive for pickup.

I was with AAA for 35 years but my Model 3 premium went through the roof. I was able to insure, at same coverage through Costco, all 3 cars for $200 less than what AAA wanted for just my Model 3. So if this is your first Tesla be prepared for a shock. The rep even said “yeah it seems like we just don’t want to insure Tesla’s”. Maybe they have changed their view since then and it won’t be that bad for you, but I already left.
I obtained a quote from Tesla and AAA. I currently have AAA and have home insurance and car insurance bundled with my old car. After I got my Y, my quote from Tesla was approximately $2500 just for the Y alone. AAA came in at $1900 (only for the Y - not keeping my other vehicle.) Both still seemed high to me but I stuck with AAA. I'm not committed, so I'll probably start looking around again.

Thank you for your detailed write-up on what to expect! I was wondering what the process would be like. Love your choice of colors and wheel. The Tesla we have on order is for DH And fingers crossed it’s coming next month (ordered end of May but finished profile early July). I had an IS too but upgraded to a Porsche which I love in black on black.…Taycan is next! But I’m super excited about DH’s Tesla but I’ll be kind of scared too with the brakes!

We had been thinking of PPF full body but what happens if you’re in an accident? Does it all need to be replaced? DH is not a car guy so I think he’s happy to just tint it And forego the PPF.
Received my car back on 10/5 - Front hood, bumper, and side fender PPF and ceramic coat for the rest of the car, rims, and windows. Spoke with the person who owns the shop. She said notify insurance that you got PPF and Ceramic... just as a "heads up." Provide a copy of the invoice. Not to add to cost of insurance but just as a heads up (whatever the difference is.) If you get in an accident, she works with insurance to cover the cost of the PPF and ceramic to the parts of the body that is damaged. Planning on reaching out to my agent today to let him know.