Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo!! Post pics! We have the sam exact config! Are u getting it delivered or pickup?
Hopefully will get some pics soon! So far I haven't been told to schedule delivery yet. I did receive a call from Tesla today but no voicemail was left. Guess quick note to those after getting VINs as I tried to call back but no response. The weird thing was this was a delivery center in LA that called me but I picked Costa Mesa as my delivery center.

Still no change here. At what point should I be worried that my EDD hasn’t changed since 8/30?? Rhetorical, I already am. ;) But while some of you get responses from SAs about when a VIN should arrive, mine says he doesn’t know any more than I do, and to ignore the EDD. Inner peace.

Still no change here. At what point should I be worried that my EDD hasn’t changed since 8/30?? Rhetorical, I already am. ;) But while some of you get responses from SAs about when a VIN should arrive, mine says he doesn’t know any more than I do, and to ignore the EDD. Inner peace.

I think that you SA is telling the truth that he doesn't know any more than you do. However, folks that are in their EDD window have a high probably of getting their vehicle shortly, so his advice there seems off. However, if the EDD is a couple of months out, then it isn't accurate and will change quite a bit, so your SA is correct in that regard.

But if you are actually hearing anything from your SA, then that is great for you! I only heard once from my SA and I suspect it was an automated message. Questions to my SA go unanswered. And some users report that communications to our SA's gets logged/tracked.

We do know that the MYP ships much faster than the MYLR. Likewise, black interiors faster than white interiors, and busy delivery centers faster than deserted delivery centers. Not sure about exterior color, tow, FSD. I'm actually surprised that FSD isn't moving cars faster to customers since it is $10k of pure profit for Tesla (all cars ship with the same computer, so FSD is just an enable check-box). And I haven't been paying attention to 5-seats vs. 7-seats shipping times. I had assumed that exterior colors are made in batches, but in looking at the Fremont semi-truck loading lot that doesn't seem to be the case.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Last edited:
I think that you SA is telling the truth that he doesn't know any more than you do. However, folks that are in their EDD window have a high probably of getting their vehicle shortly, so his advice there seems off. However, if the EDD is a couple of months out, then it isn't accurate and will change quite a bit, so your SA is correct in that regard.

We do know that the MYP ships much faster than the MYLR. Likewise, black interiors faster than white interiors, and busy delivery centers faster than deserted delivery centers. Not sure about exterior color, tow, FSD. I'm actually surprised that FSD isn't moving cars faster to customers since it is $10k of pure profit for Tesla (all cars ship with the same computer, so FSD is just an enable check-box). And I haven't been paying attention to 5-seats vs. 7-seats shipping times.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton
Yeah don’t get me wrong he seems to be a really good guy and I tend to believe him. I do my best not to bug him constantly as I know all those guys are extremely busy and probably are dealing with a lot of impatient buyers. It’ll get here when it gets here.

Good news folks. You’re gonna pay $750 more starting 11/12. Clean fuel rewards
I believe you meant 11/2, right? I’m hoping Tesla is prioritizing CA orders that had an estimate of October on the order page to get delivered by then. Don’t recall when it changed to November but wasn’t long after I ordered. Maybe a week or so. Not feeling confident that the back end of my EDD falls right on the $750 reduction date.

I believe you meant 11/2, right? I’m hoping Tesla is prioritizing CA orders that had an estimate of October on the order page to get delivered by then. Don’t recall when it changed to November but wasn’t long after I ordered. Maybe a week or so. Not feeling confident that the back end of my EDD falls right on the $750 reduction date.
Oops yes 11/2
I doubt Tesla will prioritize based on this but I certainly hope so

Reactions: TatisJr
Order Date: Sept 30
Est Del Date: Nov 8 - Nov 28
Type: Model Y - Performance
Color: Red
Interior: White
Hitch: Yes
Seats: 5

No VIN Yet...
Received EDD about 2 days after order. Hasn't changed yet.
I think they assign the VIN literally a couple of days before delivery. Based on my experience so far, your EDD may change a few times before the VIN is assigned.

Oh wait you have the MYP. Those seem to get delivered a lot faster.