Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my experience, the EDD does not mean anything. My EED has moved several times, and each time it moved, I called my SA. Everytime I spoke to him, he told me my build date was still mid October. Even when my EDD jumped to 9/30-10/13, he told me the same thing-mid October. I also spoke to two other SA's in different locations and they BOTH told me that the build date was mid October. So, what I'm trying to say is, the EDD is BS and I believe that SA's can see extra things on their end. Some tell the customer more info than others.

Hang tight! You might still get your vin this weekend, or tomorrow! Keep us posted!
Meant to say THANK YOU for your kind note!

No news on the VIN but the EDD was brought up slightly.

Me too…mine narrowed to 10/13 - 10/23. I’m not getting my hopes up though after last time. Wall Connector is getting delivered today while we are still watching the BNP Paribas Open. Sure would have been nice to do the small road trip in this car.
It’s been a common experience that when an Edd window closes a VIN is around the corner.

The second Tesla (hers) gets picked up from Palm Springs on 10/15.

Model Y LR-AWD MSM/Black/5-seat/No tow/FSD
Ordered and profile completed 7/5/21
Last EDD 10/11/21 to 10/21/21
VIN MF287xxx received 10/10/21 3:00pm
Appointment text received 10/11/21 7:20am
Financing via Tesla (Chase) 2.49% for 6 years
Pick up Palm Springs 10/15/21 10:00am

Now to figure out that sharing of the home charger. Me thinks that the resident M3-LRAWD (mine) has clearly established first born rights, but likely I'll have to move to the other side of the garage if I want to see November 😭

Last edited:
The second Tesla (hers) gets picked up from Palm Springs on 10/15.

Model Y LR-AWD MSM/Black/5-seat/No tow/FSD
Ordered and profile completed 7/5
Last EDD 10/11/21 to 10/21/21
VIN MF287xxx received 10/10/21 3:00pm
Appointment text received 10/11/21 7:20am
Financing via Tesla (Chase) 2.49% for 6 years
Pick up Palm Springs 10/15/21 10:00am

Now to figure out that sharing of the home charger. Me thinks that the resident M3-LRAWD (mine) has clearly established first born rights, but likely I'll have to move to the other side of the garage if I want to see November 😭
Definitely some first world problems there 😆

• Helpful
Reactions: Sandor and TatisJr
Brutal with an EDD well past 11/2. Im
Not sure why CA is doing this and not incentivizing EV buyers more.
Not sure if it’s related and haven’t noticed it on this thread but the CVRP has received additional funding as of Sept. 15. There are income restrictions I believe they are $300K for married filing jointly and maybe $150K for single. But the rebate is $2K and they are accepting applications (once you take delivery that is), I.e. no more waiting list.

Reactions: e645824 and DrRamen
Not sure if it’s related and haven’t noticed it on this thread but the CVRP has received additional funding as of Sept. 15. There are income restrictions I believe they are $300K for married filing jointly and maybe $150K for single. But the rebate is $2K and they are accepting applications (once you take delivery that is), I.e. no more waiting list.

I plan on using CVRP for the $2k but I hope funds aren’t exhausted with my new EDD of 12/1-12/31.

I wonder if Tesla is pushing back EDD since the otyer rebate went from 1500 to 750

I plan on using CVRP for the $2k but I hope funds aren’t exhausted with my new EDD of 12/1-12/31.

I wonder if Tesla is pushing back EDD since the otyer rebate went from 1500 to 750
Hope not and kind of doubt it. Not sure when you ordered, but when I placed mine on 7/11 estimate was October for delivery. Shortly after it moved to November and by the end of the month it was already out to December. Others have said that the original estimate is fairly true to form, though plenty of outliers (May/June) still don’t have them so clearly doesn’t work for everyone. Hard for me to believe that there is such high demand to get those estimates pushed out so rapidly so chip shortage and complexities of bringing Austin on line 4680, etc.) are probably factors in that. Just doesn’t seem like it would be any skin off Tesla’s nose to ship by 11/1 to get the full vs. 11/2 and beyond to get half, not like Tesla would be pocketing the difference. Plus likely the least of their challenges.