Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sure for CA online it says you NEED to upload proof of insurance
Yep, you still have to upload existing insurance, but the listed VIN does not have to be for the new Tesla…the insurance can be for your existing car. See attached image.

Attachments

• 321BF51F-7F7B-4CB9-8E24-E470F8FADCA8.png
    321BF51F-7F7B-4CB9-8E24-E470F8FADCA8.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 76
@ltachiba

I tried to copy your quote but couldn't!!

So excited - I'm going to see if they can deliver it vs. having to pick it up.

Insurance is so ridiculous with AAA. I probably have to stick with them because all of policies are with them. Won't be easy to move it without losing my umbrella and discounts. Ugh. So do we have to add the vehicle to the policy before pickup?
Yes, I was curious if we could pick delivery vs pickup, I guess we'll see in the next few days! We do not need to have a policy for our new car before pickup, but you do need proof of coverage on your current/prior vehicle. Time to do a little insurance price shopping tomorrow now that I finally got my VIN.

@firecape and @acatwith12 thank you for the info!! Eased my mind.

Congrats @Momvivant !! Had to go check mine just now, but still no joy. Hope there is room for one more on the truck. ;) Tomorrow is another day.
🤞that yours is on the truck too.
Yes, I was curious if we could pick delivery vs pickup, I guess we'll see in the next few days! We do not need to have a policy for our new car before pickup, but you do need proof of coverage on your current/prior vehicle. Time to do a little insurance price shopping tomorrow now that I finally got my VIN.
I called Costco insurance…it’s lower than Tesla’s ($900 for the highest coverages vs $1300). AAA was obnoxiously high…more for the Tesla than my Porsche!! 😵‍💫 But I’m kinda worried about what it’d be like when you have to file claims against the Costco insurance though.

Did they ask you for payment yet?

@firecape and @acatwith12 thank you for the info!! Eased my mind.

🤞that yours is on the truck too.

I called Costco insurance…it’s lower than Tesla’s ($900 for the highest coverages vs $1300). AAA was obnoxiously high…more for the Tesla than my Porsche!! 😵‍💫 But I’m kinda worried about what it’d be like when you have to file claims against the Costco insurance though.

Did they ask you for payment yet?
Ahh didn't even think of Costo Insurance. No payment request yet.

Reactions: Falcon73
@ltachiba

I tried to copy your quote but couldn't!!

So excited - I'm going to see if they can deliver it vs. having to pick it up.

Insurance is so ridiculous with AAA. I probably have to stick with them because all of policies are with them. Won't be easy to move it without losing my umbrella and discounts. Ugh. So do we have to add the vehicle to the policy before pickup?
Check Tesla Insurance. They were $50 less a month for better coverage than Geico

Okay, so it's 12:35 am on entering my EDD -- just wanted to see if a magical VIN showed up just after midnight. It hasn't arrived, so off to bed. My EDD still shows beginning the 14th -- I wonder when that will now update.
As a data point seems like a few of us were in the window yesterday for the whole day and then this morning we all moved out 3 days. YMMV though so hope you get some good news soon.