Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I know it’s not related, can’t help feeling a little worried that my base LR Y build is turning into somewhat of a unicorn with a current 9 month wait. Maybe they just don’t want to build/sell that config anymore.

Also was tough to see my config sent to NJ (right around the time @Momvivant got a VIN) with a 7/23 order date whose EDD was mid November. Can just picture some logistics mgr sprinting down to the Costa Mesa bound truck, screaming “Wait, we just finished an S Plaid that needs to go down to Costa Mesa stat for a VIP. Take that base model off the truck, we’ll ship it somewhere else” ;)

Oh well I went from a 10 day window to a 9 day window so that must be a positive, right??
It’s positive that it’s narrowing! Same as mine.
I saw that EDD for new orders with Gemini wheels are pushed until July! I couldn’t believe it!

I’m going to distract myself today and stop checking the page. I have a ton of studying to do and midterm coming up
Hoping you get your vin today!

It’s positive that it’s narrowing! Same as mine.
I saw that EDD for new orders with Gemini wheels are pushed until July! I couldn’t believe it!

I’m going to distract myself today and stop checking the page. I have a ton of studying to do and midterm coming up
Hoping you get your vin today!
Only white ones with 5 black seats ;)

Good luck with studying.

I am now actually in my EDD delivery window. And it hasn't shifted 🎉 Today is Day #78 for me.

So at this point, my only advise it to order your Wall Charger. I am crediting that with my major shift in my EDD. Don't know if it is actually correlated or not, but it is strange that my EDD shifted from "January" to "Oct 17 - Oct 31" two hours after I placed the Wall Charger order (after 75 days of stagnant EDD motion).

Edit: MTBevrider indicated an August Wall Charger order but it didn't shift EDD. So there goes my theory. At this point, I'm left with the theory that the nice people in Fremont are pushing California orders before the November 2nd deadline (the $1500 to $750 change).

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: Oct 17 - Oct 31
DC: Stockton
Had been tracking you because we have similar builds, similar area, I ordered 7 days after you. While you got this news, my EDD moved way back to Jan 4-Feb 1. I guess I can only hope they are getting me a huge fed tax rebate? 🤣

Already ordered and have the HPWC.

With a VIN potentially coming soon, I’ve got the Tesla Prep app loaded on my phone for the delivery inspection. Is there a thread or has anyone noticed that every single MY seems to have a panel gap right in this spot on the driver side? Both MY’s at the delivery center and every MY I’ve seen in town all have this gap. Is it standard and to be expected? The passenger side doesn’t seem to have this gap. Will it be fixed if noted and requested?

F0F8C14D-E952-488E-9A3D-BAD01DBD56F8.jpeg

Has anyone gotten a VIN mid-day before or should I just let my brain rest until tomorrow? (Still not going to happen...) :p
I can answer this. Just noticed I got my VIN!!(was in a meeting from 8:00 to just now) and when I refreshed my account 2021 showed up and then the blue button appeared. MF296xxx. Woohoo!!