Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOKE UP TO A VIN!!!!!!! GOT AN EMAIL, AT 4AM, THEN CHECKED MY ACCOUNT!!!! 5YJXXXXXMF296XXXX!!!

EDD now 10/18-10/23!!!!

Woke up to my VIN as well! MF296 with new EDD 10/20-10/24!!!

I can answer this. Just noticed I got my VIN!!(was in a meeting from 8:00 to just now) and when I refreshed my account 2021 showed up and then the blue button appeared. MF296xxx. Woohoo!!
Woohoooooo!!!! So happy for all of you!!! Can’t wait to hear what you think of the car.

Costa Mesa too...

Nice, what’s your configuration?
Congrats!!! let us know how pickup goes. Quality etc.... What's on deck for your mods? i need a spoiler and will schedule PPF and tint shortly after i receive it

Start getting quotes for your PPF and tint now so you can get it done right after pick up. I got my spoiler from RPM Tesla and will have my PPF guy install it too.

Congrats!!! let us know how pickup goes. Quality etc.... What's on deck for your mods? i need a spoiler and will schedule PPF and tint shortly after i receive it
Thanks (all of you really) been fun being part of the support group. Haven’t been notified on pickup date yet, emailed my SA but he maybe off today, probably try delivery center in a bit as I’m now scrambling to sell my SR+ and move some funds around to make payment. Hoping to just pay with check like last time, but doesn’t look like an option anymore other than cashiers check (just lazy and don’t want to deal with the lines at the bank). Won’t be doing Plaid, that’s a given.

As for mods the only plan at the moment is to see how I like my M3 Aero wheel center caps on the Gemini wheels sans hub caps. Oh that and I’m going to need to pony up for the HomeLink as I will miss that real soon.

Never did PPF on the SR+ and have zero chips…and I’m sure I just jinxed the Y, oh well.

Maybe new wheels down the line if I get tired of the Geminis, but may just go for FSD and consider it cheaper by all the stuff I won’t be buying.

Called Tesla to confirm next steps. Called the SC and was forwarded to some central number. The rep stated my car was on a truck already en route to Buena Park. This is good news and will result in me taking delivery this week for sure! Just in time for tailgating at the Rams!!!!
Just did the same. Says in transit to Costa Mesa, will go through inspection and if good will then get delivery notification. She said i will have a few options to choose from on the actual delivery day. @Momvivant you weren’t kidding about the whirlwind. ;).

She also said no more personal check so looks like Cashiers Check it is.

With a VIN potentially coming soon, I’ve got the Tesla Prep app loaded on my phone for the delivery inspection. Is there a thread or has anyone noticed that every single MY seems to have a panel gap right in this spot on the driver side? Both MY’s at the delivery center and every MY I’ve seen in town all have this gap. Is it standard and to be expected? The passenger side doesn’t seem to have this gap. Will it be fixed if noted and requested?

View attachment 722890

No, it will not be fixed, because that is how hatch-back trunks work. There is always a gap between the trunk and the rest of the body. And in the Model Y's case, the trunk wraps around all the way to the window frame. Look close and you can se that that trunk edge is from this edge *narrower* that the section above. The thing to look out for is if the top of the trunk there is level with the roof next to it. If it isn't, that should be addressed. (edited to add a pic of that area on my MY)

Attachments

• 7E5D97B3-EA86-4556-9D99-25E96704F401.jpeg
    7E5D97B3-EA86-4556-9D99-25E96704F401.jpeg
    531 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
No, it will not be fixed, because that is how hatch-back trunks work. There is always a gap between the trunk and the rest of the body. And in the Model Y's case, the trunk wraps around all the way to the window frame. Look close and you can se that that trunk edge is from this edge *narrower* that the section above. The thing to look out for is if the top of the trunk there is level with the roof next to it. If it isn't, that should be addressed. (edited to add a pic of that area on my MY)
That would make sense if both sides had the same gap. But isn’t the passenger side panel gap a lot tighter than the left?

That would make sense if both sides had the same gap. But isn’t the passenger side panel gap a lot tighter than the left?
You only posted a picture of the driver side, so hard to tell. 🙂 Ideally there should be no variances but there are inevitably some small differences. Mine are not exactly to the same mm gap, but close enough. If there is a big difference - and it isn't due to lighting conditions - I would ask for it to be fixed.

Reactions: Everlast
With a VIN potentially coming soon, I’ve got the Tesla Prep app loaded on my phone for the delivery inspection. Is there a thread or has anyone noticed that every single MY seems to have a panel gap right in this spot on the driver side? Both MY’s at the delivery center and every MY I’ve seen in town all have this gap. Is it standard and to be expected? The passenger side doesn’t seem to have this gap. Will it be fixed if noted and requested?

View attachment 722890
Standard. Just make sure it’s tight as possible.

Reactions: Everlast

View attachment 722890
I like watching this channel.

Nice, what’s your configuration?

Start getting quotes for your PPF and tint now so you can get it done right after pick up. I got my spoiler from RPM Tesla and will have my PPF guy install it too.
Was going to get the spoiler from RPM tesla too. Will start looking around for ppf guys and tint guys. Who did you end up using?

MYLR- All standard.. 5 seater white

Called Tesla to confirm next steps. Called the SC and was forwarded to some central number. The rep stated my car was on a truck already en route to Buena Park. This is good news and will result in me taking delivery this week for sure! Just in time for tailgating at the Rams!!!!
That's awesome. My MY made it to Buena Park today, and I was scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, but called to see if I could move it up to tomorrow (Tuesday) and I have an appointment for 4:30 tomorrow. Excited!