Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After waiting 100 days….. here she is! Delivery was quick and smooth. The SA’s were great, and let me take my time inspecting the car and they stuck around for questions. I’m so happy and super stoked to be part of the Tesla family! I’m very happy I chose blue. It’s gorgeous!!
Thanks to everyone for the support on this forum. Good luck to all still waiting!
View attachment 723936

Congrats! Looks gorgeous. 😍 Still waiting on my VIN

Last edited:
I was supposed to take delivery at Costa Mesa on Saturday. Just checked my account and the address changed to Irvine. Did anyone experience that before?
I was supposed to have home delivery but time window would work for today so picking up today instead. And yes when I ordered it was Costa Mesa but now Irvine.

Not sure but wondering if they are closing Costa Mesa. There is a service center and showroom / delivery center at the Irvine location.

Leaving in 5 hours to pick her up. ;)

I was supposed to have home delivery but time window would work for today so picking up today instead. And yes when I ordered it was Costa Mesa but now Irvine.

Not sure but wondering if they are closing Costa Mesa. There is a service center and showroom / delivery center at the Irvine location.

Thanks for your response! Let me know how the pick up at Irvine goes!

Reactions: TatisJr
Beautiful blue with black induction

After waiting 100 days….. here she is! Delivery was quick and smooth. The SA’s were great, and let me take my time inspecting the car and they stuck around for questions. I’m so happy and super stoked to be part of the Tesla family! I’m very happy I chose blue. It’s gorgeous!!
Thanks to everyone for the support on this forum. Good luck to all still waiting!
View attachment 723936

Reactions: MTBevrider
Previous EDD was 10/21-11/4 MYLR Red with Black interior 19 inch wheels. Today morning updated to October 23 - November 18. By this i wont be getting $1500 rebate. FML. Thanks for screwing me Tesla. I guess i will place it on hold once VIN gets generated and take delivery in Jan

Do you need to pick "Payment Method" as part of your profile completion in order to be prioritized for the delivery? I have everything filled out except the Payment information because I don't know what I will be picking at this point.
You can choose cash first and then finalize it later. You don't need to finalize it now. I ended up completing my profile and I got an EDD instead pre-filling it, the date only said April; now it's March 9 - April 6 which is more precise.

Reactions: ishareit
Do you need to pick "Payment Method" as part of your profile completion in order to be prioritized for the delivery? I have everything filled out except the Payment information because I don't know what I will be picking at this point.
Yes. You need to have a method established. Choose cash for now, and switch to loan/lease after getting VIN if necessary.

Reactions: ishareit
Previous EDD was 10/21-11/4 MYLR Red with Black interior 19 inch wheels. Today morning updated to October 23 - November 18. By this i wont be getting $1500 rebate. FML. Thanks for screwing me Tesla. I guess i will place it on hold once VIN gets generated and take delivery in Jan
Not sure when you ordered. I ordered 7/11 and estimate was “October” shortly after it moved to November and by end of month December.

Anyway the $1500 goes to $750 on November 2. So doesn’t go away completely,

Picking up my Y tomorrow! I am preparing for the worst with QC issues. My question is for people that have gone through the process, at what point do you reject vs accept and have them fix minor? I feel like if I reject, I will not make it in time for the 11/2 deadline and lose $750 in credit. Thoughts?

Reactions: ryneezy
I was supposed to take delivery at Costa Mesa on Saturday. Just checked my account and the address changed to Irvine. Did anyone experience that before?

I believe the Costa Mesa location moved to Irvine.

On our way to the beach last weekend, I saw the Costa Mesa Tesla have a "For Lease" sign.

Reactions: ZGGBMG and TatisJr