Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone shown up for their delivery appointment early? Were you turned away, asked to wait or was able to proceed? Scheduled for Buena Park next friday.
My appt was for 3:00. You’ll receive a text that your vehicle is ready for pickup that contains the space where your car is. I’d think you’d have to wait for the text. I received mine at 2:15 while still in a meeting, wasn’t distracted at all ;). Mine was Irvine though so BP could be different.

Has anyone shown up for their delivery appointment early? Were you turned away, asked to wait or was able to proceed? Scheduled for Buena Park next friday.
It shouldn’t be an issue. i picked up at BP and my appointment was scheduled for 5pm, but got the text at 1pm that the car was ready. Nobody really assists you unless you’re paying with certified check (was my case).

Update on my paint issue at delivery. Quality Manager at Irvine contacted Manager at Santa Ana on my behalf to get me expedited (orig appt 11/18). Santa Ana manager tried to call me twice on my drive home from delivery but hadn’t setup Bluetooth, so couldn’t pick up. Anyway contacted him yesterday morning and he asked for a couple of more pics via the in-app messaging and my appoint has been moved up to this Monday, so really pleased with how they are handling it. I updated the service request with one more issue I found which will also be addressed. The front passenger side parking sensor wasn’t flush which could cause towels to catch during wash/dry.

Had some time with the sound system which is awesome. Put on Stevie Ray’s Little Wing and wow, big upgrade over my partial premium M3 SR+. Can’t wait to see how it sounds once fully broken in. Also tried AutoPilot but only for about a mile so need to take a longer trip, but seemed much more dialed in than my SR+ In terms of lane keeping within slight turns in the freeway lanes.

I was simply stating that delaying such a large purchase because of $750 is suspicious. While I agree with your statements I don’t agree with negativity brought to a public forum when clearly there are many others just happy to get their cars. My estimated delivery date was Way earlier however according to tesla and the fact that I added a second person to the purchase I was put back to the end of the line.
October 2021 original date to February 11-March 11 2022.

I will in the future refrain from adding to the negativity.

Wife and I finally got our VIN this morning! (While we're on vacation, of course...)

Blue Model Y/7 seater/Black interior. Original order date 7/14, current EDD now 10/25-10/28. We're not back in town until the 26th and need to take care of our third party financing too, so hopefully they'll give us some leeway when they do decide to schedule delivery. Here's our (mostly, missed one or two) complete list of EDD changes:

7/14: October
7/16: September 21 - September 30
7/17: September 22 - September 30
7/20: October
7/23: no date
8/2: October
8/3: Gone again
8/8: October
8/10: October 5 - October 25
8/11: October 6 - October 26
8/12: October 8 - October 28
8/14: September 30 - October 20
8/15: October 8 - October 28
8/19: October 9 - October 29
8/27: October
10/14: October 16 - November 11
10/15: October 19 - November 2nd
10/20: October 22 - November 3rd
10/23: October 25 - November 3rd, now October 25 - 28.

My car arrived early -- I got a phone call on Thursday saying that my car had arrived at the DC on Wednesday. They asked me if I wanted to pick it up on Friday or Saturday instead of waiting. Duh... So I picked it up Friday evening. There were about two dozen cars at Stockton, so it looks like they are queued up for a weekend delivery push.

I did get the $1500 California discount and I also received an email indicating a year of Premium Connectivity. The delivery process was straight forward:
* photo of front and back of driver's license
* photo of me in front of a white wall
* a handful of acknowledgements
* sync'ing my iPhone with the MY

Then I drove away from the dealership (foot on brake, gear shift into drive, push pedal).

I went through this detailed check-list and only found one issue:

There is a small missing paint section on the truck's edge about a centimeter long. I scheduled an appointment at the Service Department to have it fixed.

1635012037702-png.724724

Here is what it looks like:

1635013328496-png.724730

I've already removed the hub caps and will have the Gemini wheels powder-coated black:

1635013420519-png.724731

The white interior really brightens up everything:

1635013814040-png.724738

1635013576154-png.724733

1635013636533-png.724734

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
VIN: ...MF299xxx

Picked up my car at Irvine this morning. No paint issues. Comparing to the other two Ys parked right next to ours, we noticed some minor misalignment for the back bumper and glass roof. They fixed the bumper right away, and told us the roof was within tolerance.

Overall we are happy with the vehicle! Took it to ppf and tint and should have it back in about a week.

Good luck guys!

Attachments

• 5F79E471-2D89-49EA-A47A-C1031766C568.jpeg
    5F79E471-2D89-49EA-A47A-C1031766C568.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 67
It's so cool to see so many of us get our cars so quickly post-quarter end. Congrats, everyone! BTW, is anyone starting to get their carpool sticker or waiting until January 2022?
Not putting that ugly sticker on my car lol. Really don’t need it though. Rarely travel freeways solo, I take surface streets to work (at least I did 19+ months ago)