Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

There has been talk about income limits (which is the House version), and if that is included, can’t see it being a point of sale rebate, as I don’t see how dealers will be responsible for income verification, but who knows.

Of course not holding my breath for any of this passing, but only time will tell.
My guess is that there will be a line on your 1040 asking the amount of credits you received. If your AGI is over some limit, that credit will be added back to your taxes. It will be interesting to see what actually happens after the sausage making is done, hopefully sometime next week.

MYLR|OD:7/13|PC:7/19|MSM|black|19”|no tow|no FSC|VIN:10/31 MF305xxx

Taking delivery tomorrow (11/1), so it seems I’d get the whole $1500 discount at the last minute. Feels like a big game of chicken given how the last 12 days went by in contrast with the last exciting 12 hours went down.

Initial EDD: 10/17-11/06
10/03 => EDD changed to 10/22-11/05
10/18 => EDD changed to 10/22-11/17 (quite disappointed given the window increased)
10/22 => EDD changed to 10/25-11/10 (no VIN on 1st day of EDD, but hopes
up with a narrowing window)
10/25 => EDD changed to 10/27-11/09 (with in EDD again but no VIN and 2 day push out)
10/27 => EDD changed to 10/30-11/09 (no VIN, another round of agony)
10/30 => EDD remains 10/30-11/09 (in EDD range again for the 3rd time and nothing happened…I pretty much accepted I’d get only $750 at this point)
10/31 => VIN showed up when I checked my account around 8am. Almost couldn’t believe my eyes. EDD changed to 10/31-11/06
- By 8:30am, completed payment details.
- By 9:05am, scheduled delivery for 11/1 4pm. Monday 11/1 was the earliest option.
- By 4:01pm, Agreement ready with final price and CAEV program deduction confirmed for $1500.
- By 7:45pm (after like 2 miles of Trick-or-Treating around my neighborhood) All documents reviewed and submitted.

Now I just need to get through most of working Monday trying not to get too excited for my new car to show up

MYLR|OD:7/13|PC:7/19|MSM|black|19”|no tow|no FSC|VIN:10/31 MF305xxx

Taking delivery tomorrow (11/1), so it seems I’d get the whole $1500 discount at the last minute. Feels like a big game of chicken given how the last 12 days went by in contrast with the last exciting 12 hours went down.

Initial EDD: 10/17-11/06
10/03 => EDD changed to 10/22-11/05
10/18 => EDD changed to 10/22-11/17 (quite disappointed given the window increased)
10/22 => EDD changed to 10/25-11/10 (no VIN on 1st day of EDD, but hopes
up with a narrowing window)
10/25 => EDD changed to 10/27-11/09 (with in EDD again but no VIN and 2 day push out)
10/27 => EDD changed to 10/30-11/09 (no VIN, another round of agony)
10/30 => EDD remains 10/30-11/09 (in EDD range again for the 3rd time and nothing happened…I pretty much accepted I’d get only $750 at this point)
10/31 => VIN showed up when I checked my account around 8am. Almost couldn’t believe my eyes. EDD changed to 10/31-11/06
- By 8:30am, completed payment details.
- By 9:05am, scheduled delivery for 11/1 4pm. Monday 11/1 was the earliest option.
- By 4:01pm, Agreement ready with final price and CAEV program deduction confirmed for $1500.
- By 7:45pm (after like 2 miles of Trick-or-Treating around my neighborhood) All documents reviewed and submitted.

Now I just need to get through most of working Monday trying not to get too excited for my new car to show up
Interesting. You have the exact same configuration that I got and I still have no VIN, nothing :mad:

Your profile says South Bay, is that South Bay as in the SF Bay area?

I was told today by Burbank delivery center, you get $1500 if you take delivery Nov 1st or before. If you take delivery Nov 2nd it’s $750. My MY won’t get to Burbank until Monday. First available pickup for me is Tuesday. Oh well.

I talked to delivery center today said I was outside home delivery radius. So clicked on text and had same window as you. Choose 11/3 for pickup.
I see.. Good luck in picking up your car.. I hope it all goes well. Who knows you might get a call that your car is available for pick up today. I just realized today is the final day for the full CA rebate.

I see.. Good luck in picking up your car.. I hope it all goes well. Who knows you might get a call that your car is available for pick up today. I just realized today is the final day for the full CA rebate.
Hm so I’m getting mine tomorrow 11/2. But the paperwork has the full 1500 and tomorrows date… I already paid off the balance that I think includes 1500 off so not sure what will happen

Update, my MYLR is still at Fremont waiting for logistics to get more vehicles for Burbank Delivery Center. Therefore, $1500 is out, at least I'll get the $750.

Reactions: Wheeljack
Just got my VIN MF306xxx. It has finally come 🙌🏼

Updated EDD is 11/3 - 11/6.

Scheduled delivery for Saturday, 11/6 in Irvine. My original pick up location was Costa Mesa so they’re rerouting all Costa Mesa pick ups to Irvine hence the small delay. I still see the $1500 CA incentive on my MVPA dated for 11/6.

Scheduled delivery for Saturday, 11/6 in Irvine. My original pick up location was Costa Mesa so they’re rerouting all Costa Mesa pick ups to Irvine hence the small delay. I still see the $1500 CA incentive on my MVPA dated for 11/6.
I still see the $1500 on my MVPA. I've been told it will update tonight at midnight and will only show $750. MY SA told me to hold off making my final payment until tomorrow when it updates.

Reactions: TatisJr
I still see the $1500 on my MVPA. I've been told it will update tonight at midnight and will only show $750. MY SA told me to hold off making my final payment until tomorrow when it updates.

Make sure you remember to apply for the $2k CVRP. At least we don’t feel as bad for missing out on the potential $8k tax incentive/point of sale, whatever it ends up becoming.

Make sure you remember to apply for the $2k CVRP. At least we don’t feel as bad for missing out on the potential $8k tax incentive/point of sale, whatever it ends up becoming.

* Income limits apply

Not that I have any experience doing this... My FRIEND didn't qualify and applied and was lucky enough to not get their income checked when they bought their Model 3