Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Story time.. Scheduled delivery Nov 2nd at Irvine. SA called today and told me vehicle wont be here until weekend. He cannot confirm that either and could be delayed.. So for now rescheduled to Nov 6th. This purchase process is a nightmare. Never had this kind of experience before when purchasing a vehicle. Few of the tesla reps are clueless. Last saturday i called delivery center using a different number. He has no clue who i was and what my order number is. I just told him my delivery scheduled for Nov 2nd is there a way to find to pick it up sooner is the question i asked. Immediately he said they are just loading it into the truck now, should be here by nov 1st. I laughed and hung up.

Story time.. Scheduled delivery Nov 2nd at Irvine. SA called today and told me vehicle wont be here until weekend. He cannot confirm that either and could be delayed.. So for now rescheduled to Nov 6th. This purchase process is a nightmare. Never had this kind of experience before when purchasing a vehicle. Few of the tesla reps are clueless. Last saturday i called delivery center using a different number. He has no clue who i was and what my order number is. I just told him my delivery scheduled for Nov 2nd is there a way to find to pick it up sooner is the question i asked. Immediately he said they are just loading it into the truck now, should be here by nov 1st. I laughed and hung up.
Bummer man, sorry to hear. Seems it really is wheel of fortune.

@Falcon73 You and I ordered on similar dates, builds, and delivery centers.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Went from 12/3-12/31 to 11/11-12/9. Hopefully we're both on on the same path getting into our EDD Windows next week. 🤞

Cool. Yeah but I'm out of town from the 6th getting back on the 9th. I'm not too "worried" about them delivering early in the window, but hopefully they will give me a range of dates. I should know how this works by now, lol.

I was most impressed with the Irvine DC when I visited a couple weeks ago. I just parked on the wrong side for a test drive that day.

I just noticed that the Tesla 2022 VIN decoder popped up on the NHTSA web page (attached). Since it is dated September 29, and it has to be available 60 days before release, then the earliest is November 28 for cars from Austin on public roads.

A=Austin
F=Fremont
M=2021
N=2022

Scott
--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | OD 7/31/2021 | made/delivered Oct 2021

Attachments

• MY2022_VIN Decoder_S3XY - NA.pdf
    183.1 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Falcon73
I just noticed that the Tesla 2022 VIN decoder popped up on the NHTSA web page (attached). Since it is dated September 29, and it has to be available 60 days before release, then the earliest is November 28 for cars from Austin on public roads.

A=Austin
F=Fremont
M=2021
N=2022

Scott
--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | OD 7/31/2021 | made/delivered Oct 2021
Quite a few people have been reporting NF VINs. Not sure if the requirement of a 60 day notice is still a valid assumption.

Reactions: ryneezy
I was just told my Model Y is at Lathrop. Still has not come down to Burbank. Anyone know why a new Model Y would go from Fremont to Lathrop? I thought Lathrop only produce megapacks. There were rumors that Lathrop was producing the new front casting but I never saw it confirmed. I'm suppose to get the car delivered tomorrow but instead of getting on a transport in Fremont the car was moved to Lathrop. Anybody have info on what happens at Lathrop for Model Y's?

I was just told my Model Y is at Lathrop. Still has not come down to Burbank. Anyone know why a new Model Y would go from Fremont to Lathrop? I thought Lathrop only produce megapacks. There were rumors that Lathrop was producing the new front casting but I never saw it confirmed. I'm suppose to get the car delivered tomorrow but instead of getting on a transport in Fremont the car was moved to Lathrop. Anybody have info on what happens at Lathrop for Model Y's?
They're loading you up a megapack dude!

Tesla updated its website last night. The Model Y configurator is now showing a slight increase in the estimated range (330 vs 326). Maybe you are getting a different type of battery.

For those of you that gets the car delivered, what does your odometer agreement say? I live 15 miles away from Fremont. My agreement says 15 miles, but my wife’s car that we picked up a few months from fremont also said 15 miles, which is was when we picked it up.

Annoyingly I asked if I could just swing by and get the car, they said they have no where to park it, which is why a tesla employee will drive it to me.

Not sure it even matters?

For those of you that gets the car delivered, what does your odometer agreement say? I live 15 miles away from Fremont. My agreement says 15 miles, but my wife’s car that we picked up a few months from fremont also said 15 miles, which is was when we picked it up.

Annoyingly I asked if I could just swing by and get the car, they said they have no where to park it, which is why a tesla employee will drive it to me.

Not sure it even matters?
I’m fairly certain they out 15 miles on all the paperwork. My car has 5 miles on it.

Reactions: TatisJr
Interesting. I just got a text from the delivery center stating that my MY is still in transit and won’t be delivered on 11/4. They moved my home delivery date to 11/6. Didn’t say it went to Lathrop. I know when I ordered some Tesla accessories Lathrop was the staging ground. Perhaps Tesla is using it as overflow location.