Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were able to buff both scratches out and it looks great now. She (my delivery rep) was very nice, Jules I think her name is. She pushed in the hub cap herself and showed me how to close the frunk. It's harder than it looks, lol.
Nice. I was wondering if it was possible to buff out the scratch on that plastic trim piece by the wing mirror. Happy they were able to buff it out.

I wouldn’t have worried about the SA comments. But that looks like maybe a demo car? What is the odometer?

It was 15 when we picked it up. So, I wouldn't think so.

I picked car 9/30 but still haven’t applied for the decal, saw other posts suggesting applying with the temp lic plate number may be an issue?

It hasn't been an issue the past two times for me, both this year. In fact, it takes so long to get the CAV decal that I wouldn't recommend waiting for the permanent plate, unless you are trying for a '22 sticker (assuming it's continuing).

The worst that can happen is they mail you back your $22 check. I sent in two checks for our April car purchase, one with the temp plate and the other with the perma plate. They cashed the temp plate one, sent me the sticker. About a month after I got the sticker, they returned the perma plate application and 2nd $22 check back to me. The only way I knew which check they cashed was to check with my bank (ck # and date on the scanned check).

I successfully charged our MYLR last night with the adapter on our L1 and L2 J1772 home chargers. I haven't tried the included charger yet, but I would expect to be equivalent to our L1 charger.

I charged the car to 90% which is the highest before the trip setting, it seems. I won't plan on going to 100% unless we go on a long trip.

Also, the usage seemed very high on the way home. Like 380wH/mile but that may have been due to battery pre-heating, though we didn't successfully charge at a SC as noted above (lines were too long). So that was wasted energy. I wonder if pre-heating can be turned off?

Also, I need to figure out how to add Homelink for the garage door opener.

Last edited:
I successfully charged our MYLR last night with the adapter on our L1 and L2 J1772 home chargers. I haven't tried the included charger yet, but I would expect to be equivalent to our L1 charger.

I charged the car to 90% which is the highest before the trip setting, it seems. I won't plan on going to 100% unless we go on a long trip.

Also, the usage seemed very high on the way home. Like 380wH/mile but that may have been due to battery pre-heating, though we didn't successfully charge at a SC as noted above (lines were too long). So that was wasted energy. I wonder if pre-heating can be turned off?

Also, I need to figure out how to add Homelink for the garage door opener.
Efficiency will improve over time. In my Model 3 I was averaging 240 wh/mi early on but once the car settled in things improved and my lifetime wh/mi was at 227 when I sold it. Still learning how my Y behaves and what to expect. Also short trips will be less efficient as it consumes more energy initially while things get warmed up and it’ll average out over a longer distance. HVAC usage, stomping on the go pedal, speed, and uphill travel will all consume more. Nice thing about the increased range is I just don’t concern myself with any of it.

As for Homelink, did you already purchase and have it installed? If not it is $325 and mobile service will come out and help configure.

Reactions: Falcon73
It was 15 when we picked it up. So, I wouldn't think so.

It hasn't been an issue the past two times for me, both this year. In fact, it takes so long to get the CAV decal that I wouldn't recommend waiting for the permanent plate, unless you are trying for a '22 sticker (assuming it's continuing).

The worst that can happen is they mail you back your $22 check. I sent in two checks for our April car purchase, one with the temp plate and the other with the perma plate. They cashed the temp plate one, sent me the sticker. About a month after I got the sticker, they returned the perma plate application and 2nd $22 check back to me. The only way I knew which check they cashed was to check with my bank (ck # and date on the scanned check).
I guess I should apply now then, doesn't seem like it will come before the end of year anyway, especially with all the upcoming holiday schedule. And according to this Current Clean Air Vehicle Decal | California Air Resources Board they do plan to issue 2022 sticker which runs 10 more months than the 2021 one.

CAV Decals Issued onWill be Valid UntilDecal Color
January 1, 2022 or laterAll decals expire on September 30, 2025To be determined by DMV
January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021January 1, 2025Blue

Reactions: Falcon73
Picked up my car earlier today at the Irvine Delivery Center. Procedures were very simple, got a text with the space number that my car was in, logged into my account to pay the down payment and accept delivery, then I was granted access to the car. All the documents were inside. As for the car, it was pretty much flawless, no panel gaps, paint chips, etc. It’s now currently in the shop for a full PPF, ceramic coating, and other goodies. Can’t wait to start driving it!

C6073AEA-55D6-4937-A3AC-E5DD82141222.jpeg

Attachments

• 2BA8DBBC-A478-4ACB-940E-FCEAF7211CC7.jpeg
    2BA8DBBC-A478-4ACB-940E-FCEAF7211CC7.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 47CAFF90-6D3B-458D-8F80-1FFFAF3C90AC.jpeg
    47CAFF90-6D3B-458D-8F80-1FFFAF3C90AC.jpeg
    843.7 KB · Views: 52
EDD Back up to EOQ -Dec 20-31. Figured that would be the case. Was hoping the large pushback into next year would be followed by a jump to VIN but that was overly optimistic. Now, I sit here hoping that EV credit goes through and is retroactive.
Same boat as you with a EDD of Dec 21-31. The EDD has been very stable for the last 3-4 weeks after bouncing from November to Jan-Feb, then back to Jan, and now the end of December. I fully expected I would be part of the end-of-quarter Bay Area, but would like to slide back just a bit to capture the EV credit, if it goes through. A positive is that we'll know if it passes by then. I put the odds of passage under 50%, sadly. Also, I don't think it will be retroactive, but that's just a guess.

Same boat as you with a EDD of Dec 21-31. The EDD has been very stable for the last 3-4 weeks after bouncing from November to Jan-Feb, then back to Jan, and now the end of December. I fully expected I would be part of the end-of-quarter Bay Area, but would like to slide back just a bit to capture the EV credit, if it goes through. A positive is that we'll know if it passes by then. I put the odds of passage under 50%, sadly. Also, I don't think it will be retroactive, but that's just a guess.
Still sitting at 12/10 - 12/30 where I’ve been for about 2 1/2 months. Did the Nov -> Jan -> Dec bounce before it settled. I’d like it as soon as I could get it, haven’t lost hope on earlier. And if it slips perhaps a chance of some tax credit, which is a coin toss.

I’m very puzzled by my good fortune. My wife’s red MYLR was ordered Oct 17, I got the VIN and delivery notice a few days ago, and it was delivered today (Nov 7). We‘re very pleased it got here so quickly, but really have no idea why, and feel slightly guilty for somehow inadvertently “jumping the line”.

we are in the SF Bay Area, and were cash customers, no financing, but really a completely standard order.

I hope this is a sign that more of you will also get cars soon, and not a random one off. But I think I should also buy a lottery ticket just in case.

I’m very puzzled by my good fortune. My wife’s red MYLR was ordered Oct 17, I got the VIN and delivery notice a few days ago, and it was delivered today (Nov 7). We‘re very pleased it got here so quickly, but really have no idea why, and feel slightly guilty for somehow inadvertently “jumping the line”.

we are in the SF Bay Area, and were cash customers, no financing, but really a completely standard order.

I hope this is a sign that more of you will also get cars soon, and not a random one off. But I think I should also buy a lottery ticket just in case.
Is yours a 2021 or 2022 VIN? In all likelihood it's that someone declined delivery so you got it

It may not pass. I do think it's better odds than you. However, what I don't understand is thinking it is definitely a Jan 2022 credit only. One of the bills (Senate) is definitely retroactive, the other didn't specify. Could the final bill be retroactive? I think there's at least some chance.