Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered a Model Y LR FSD White ext/Black interior yesterday from Irvine CA Tesla. They told me the estimated delivery date was May to June next year. Is there a possibility this will be moved up? The 6 year warranty on my 2016 Model S90D ends in March next year so hope to get it around March.

It may not pass. I do think it's better odds than you. However, what I don't understand is thinking it is definitely a Jan 2022 credit only. One of the bills (Senate) is definitely retroactive, the other didn't specify. Could the final bill be retroactive? I think there's at least some chance.

Also, replying to myself but saw that the retroactive credit is likely dead. Just hadn't seen that yet but sounds like that will be the case. Tesla has to be doubly pissed. First because of the union element, but now bc Q4 deliveries are going to be an absolute madhouse/mess.

Reactions: Tesraki
Has anyone successfully pushed their order back before receiving their VIN? What was they quoted wait time?

EDD has been 12/11-12/31 for weeks.

Might as well wait until 2022 for the tax credit since there’s uncertainty if it’ll pass in FY21

Picked up my car earlier today at the Irvine Delivery Center. Procedures were very simple, got a text with the space number that my car was in, logged into my account to pay the down payment and accept delivery, then I was granted access to the car. All the documents were inside. As for the car, it was pretty much flawless, no panel gaps, paint chips, etc. It’s now currently in the shop for a full PPF, ceramic coating, and other goodies. Can’t wait to start driving it!

View attachment 730177
How exactly do you pay through app? Is there an ACH method where you input bank, acct #, and routing #?

You're lucky you even have an SA, I don't
Same. Online order. If I ever order a Tesla again, I'll do it in store so I get an SA.

I had a SA and he stopped responding. I used the tesla chat to inquire about changing my order and they informed me of my new SA's name. He called me a day later and emailed me.
I used this trick to see if I was ever assigned an SA. The nice person behind the chat told me I was not assigned one -- probably due to online order -- but will be assigned one as I get closer to delivery.

My EDD is holding steady Nov 11 to Dec 3. Coming up on first day of that delivery window this Thursday. I don't expect anything, but hopefully I get lucky. 🤞

Same. Online order. If I ever order a Tesla again, I'll do it in store so I get an SA.

I used this trick to see if I was ever assigned an SA. The nice person behind the chat told me I was not assigned one -- probably due to online order -- but will be assigned one as I get closer to delivery.

My EDD is holding steady Nov 11 to Dec 3. Coming up on first day of that delivery window this Thursday. I don't expect anything, but hopefully I get lucky. 🤞
I visited one of the malls where tesla has a presence and signed up for info on the model 3. I placed my order online as well. I assume they assigned him my SA because I spoke to him before.

I visited one of the malls where tesla has a presence and signed up for info on the model 3. I placed my order online as well. I assume they assigned him my SA because I spoke to him before.
Same here. Went to Corte Madera shopping center for a test drive. I was unsure whether to order the M3 or the MY so I went home to think about it. A few hours later, after pushing the order button at home,I got an email from the guy who helped us at the Tesla store offering help, so I assume he is my assigned SA.

I guess I should apply now then, doesn't seem like it will come before the end of year anyway, especially with all the upcoming holiday schedule. And according to this Current Clean Air Vehicle Decal | California Air Resources Board they do plan to issue 2022 sticker which runs 10 more months than the 2021 one.

CAV Decals Issued onWill be Valid UntilDecal Color
January 1, 2022 or laterAll decals expire on September 30, 2025To be determined by DMV
January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021January 1, 2025Blue

Interesting. I wonder if this is the end of the CAV program? After 9/30/25? Something for another thread too, probably.

Did some research on PG&E rebates/incentives and there are none! The gal I talked to said there were special lower EV rates for customers after midnight….but they raise the rate during the daytime! They had a calculator to figure out an estimate for my home and the EV rate was the worst of all. Someone said they provided financial help for setting up a new circuit/plug for your EV power outlet but I couldn’t find anything….

So my EDD is still 12/10 - 12/30, today I got a bunch of texts asking if I still want car or delay to a later month, payment method verification, pick or delivery. Any experience does this mean it’s closer than a month away? Or just part of the water torture during the wait.
I received this same text back in August and got my car in September. They usually send this text to the people with end of quarter EDD. I think this EOQ will be a mess since people will put their order on hold for 2022 federal tax credit.

Reactions: dthuntley
I received this same text back in August and got my car in September. They usually send this text to the people with end of quarter EDD. I think this EOQ will be a mess since people will put their order on hold for 2022 federal tax credit.
So let’s talk about that. I still am fully unclear if you are willing to wait for the credit if it’s best just to sit tight and wait for the text, or try to contact a SA and delay now. Obviously the goal is to wait the least amount of time and get the credit.

Also, there are some that will purely ride it out until signed. I’m willing to hedge a bet and wait. Any advice?