Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is actually not true. The exact wording is 12/31 or the date the bill passes, whichever is later. As for why you wouldn’t just wait a couple weeks as someone asked:

1) A couple weeks is not set in stone. It could put you back six months. And again, what if you then come up at 1/14 and it’s still not passed (which it probably won’t be if you look at senate schedule - they have 10 days before then to get it done). It’s likely still not effective. 1/1 is not necessarily as magic as some say. Of course, nothing is set in stone and they COULD choose 1/1. Who knows.

2) it all depends on how likely you think the bill is. Some think highly unlikely so don’t care.
All signs point to the legislation not going to pass any time soon. Enjoy your cars when you get VIN’d!

Manchin says he won't vote for Build Back Better Act
Manchin says he won't vote for Build Back Better Act

Reactions: Naija King
This is actually not true. The exact wording is 12/31 or the date the bill passes, whichever is later. As for why you wouldn’t just wait a couple weeks as someone asked:

1) A couple weeks is not set in stone. It could put you back six months. And again, what if you then come up at 1/14 and it’s still not passed (which it probably won’t be if you look at senate schedule - they have 10 days before then to get it done). It’s likely still not effective. 1/1 is not necessarily as magic as some say. Of course, nothing is set in stone and they COULD choose 1/1. Who knows.

2) it all depends on how likely you think the bill is. Some think highly unlikely so don’t care.
It's moot at this point but the senate bill has an exact date of May 31st, 2021. The bills should have be reconciled, so who knows what the final date would have been. Currently, it's DOA.

Just got a VIN 348xxx assigned right now at 6 o’clock on a Sunday. OD 10/24 MYP Black/White No Tow No FSD. EDD 12/20 - 12/24. I’m in the Bay Area. EDD slipped to Jan/Feb yesterday and back to Dec today then a VIN. Boy am I glad that shithead Manchin announced that this morning. I would have deferred this VIN. Now I need to sell my 2021 MYLR.

Reactions: jackk and ryneezy
Passing on a Vin thats ready and possibly getting pushed to god knows when. See that post just above. Passed on a VIN that was ready and is now showing MAR-APRIL for an MYP. Yikes.....
That was me. Totally punishing me lol I actually didn’t want the 7500 I just didn’t want to part just yet lol
Just got a VIN 348xxx assigned right now at 6 o’clock on a Sunday. OD 10/24 MYP Black/White No Tow No FSD. EDD 12/20 - 12/24. I’m in the Bay Area. EDD slipped to Jan/Feb yesterday and back to Dec today then a VIN. Boy am I glad that shithead Manchin announced that this morning. I would have deferred this VIN. Now I need to sell my 2021 MYLR.
how do you

How did you get notified of your VIN assignment? Some confusion between them texting versus app/website status changes.

Reactions: Jacktracks707
It's moot at this point but the senate bill has an exact date of May 31st, 2021. The bills should have be reconciled, so who knows what the final date would have been. Currently, it's DOA.
Now we are going to debate the moot. Lol

The Senate proposed EV credit earlier in the year doesn’t matter once that went into BBB. The house said earliest date would have when bill passes. Could the Senate have re-written the effective date when they debated and marked up the bill? I suppose, but there’s no real indication they would have.

You’re right though, moot.

That was me. Totally punishing me lol I actually didn’t want the 7500 I just didn’t want to part just yet lol

how do you

How did you get notified of your VIN assignment? Some confusion between them texting versus app/website status changes.
Everything has came by TEXT so far. Got assigned VIN yesterday. Picking up tomorrow. Could have picked up today but I am off tomorrow with a million things to do and didn't want to fake sick on my last day before the holiday. If you get a VIN it happens quick in the BAY. This is the second Tesla Ive bought this year and it was the same thing last time.

Reactions: Lasky
Now we are going to debate the moot. Lol

The Senate proposed EV credit earlier in the year doesn’t matter once that went into BBB. The house said earliest date would have when bill passes. Could the Senate have re-written the effective date when they debated and marked up the bill? I suppose, but there’s no real indication they would have.

You’re right though, moot.
Pretty much they aren't going to do anything except go on christmas break. LOL