Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are open today. At least, they answered for me about 2 hours ago. And no wait.
Yes they were open for me about 4 hours ago. Called because I had some questions. No VIN yet but asked about being bumped to 12-27 to 12-31 EDD this morning. Guy told me that although I haven’t been assigned a VIN, I’ll get my car by NYE. 8/13 OD, 8/20 PC.

While I was excited to take delivery on Christmas Eve, I was disappointed shortly after to see how misaligned most of the panels were along with the offset steering wheel. Still thrilled, just sucks having to deal with those issues for a brand new vehicle. First world problems I guess. Cheers. Merry Christmas

Reactions: Naija King
While I was excited to take delivery on Christmas Eve, I was disappointed shortly after to see how misaligned most of the panels were along with the offset steering wheel. Still thrilled, just sucks having to deal with those issues for a brand new vehicle. First world problems I guess. Cheers. Merry Christmas
Sorry about it... I thought these gaps issues were part of the past....

Can you share more about it?? Also, did you accept it ??

Just a question...

My current EDD is 12/28 - 12/31 , no VIN yet. I'm trying to push my delivery to 2022.

When you receive your VIN, I know you have 3 days to accept it, right???

So I can wait until the 3rd day to accept it, after that, how many days they give you to take delivery???

Again I'm trying to take delivery after Jan 1st 2022..

Sorry about it... I thought these gaps issues were part of the past....

Can you share more about it?? Also, did you accept it ??
I thought the same. Well the vehicle was dropped off in my driveway while I was at my families house. Left it right in the middle of the driveway so I kind of had to accept the delivery in order to move it over so my wife can park. I have a mobile service appointment on Wednesday for the issues. The frunk on the driver side had such a big open gap that I could see down the vehicle. Hatch to the trunk also had a humungous gap compared to the other side. Right taillight had the same issue and was not flush with the reverse lights. Took it to the store this morning and noticed the steering wheel was off center to the right. Rear passenger door panel sticks out further than the rest of the black trim. Again, aside from that, the car is amazing. I just want to have the panels correctly aligned asap because I planned on wrapping my entire vehicle in XPEL stealth PPF.

I find myself in an interesting position. I took delivery of my MYLR in September 2021. Enjoy the car, it's great. I invested in front PPF, front window tint and a few accessories.

Now I have a second MYLR MSM reservation (EDD 12/16-12/31) I had made for my parents (it was only $100), but they aren't sold on the EV movement just yet, so will likely back out. However I've received an offer of $63.5K from GMTV, which is great, about $5K over what I paid out the door just 2.5 months ago. But for me it won't be worth the hassle unless I take delivery in 2022. My 2022 MYLR MSM order is $62.1K out the door.

Crazy resale prices aside I'm very happy with my White/White MYLR. No significant panel issues, and the car's been great (never know what the next car may bring). If only I could convince the wife to take the MSM MYLR. ;)

Any thoughts? Any angles I may not be seeing?

Edit: The only reason I'm even considering the swap is a) too many damn White MY's on the road and b) if I can pocket $5K after EV credits.
Well, the time is here. Received a VIN this afternoon. I'm really 100% on the ropes about which direction to go.

I like the MSM, I've been waiting like everyone else for 4.5 months on this order. Out the door the total cost to me is ~ $62,100. If I can turn my White MYLR over for $64,000 is pretty much a wash after PPF/tint and homelink ($1000 total cost maybe) and I would end up with a 2022 model (resale value) and the new VIN is 351xxx versus my 271xxx (build quality improvement? Or maybe worse due to end of year).

I have a request in to delay delivery until next week (Jan. 2022 delivery) so if possible the EV tax credit would apply if approved. We'll see what he comes back with.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryneezy