Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering, anyone here placed the order and set the payment method to CASH and later on changed it to FINANCE? My order is on hold but I'll remove the hold soon. I will finance the car but I did select Cash when I placed the order so I'm not whether I should contact TESLA first and tell them I'm going to finance it before removing hold. Or should I tell them I'll finance it after getting assigned a VIN? TIA
Did this exact thing today. Simple for them to switch on the back-end. Then 30 seconds for approval (assuming good credit). Just text the request to the same number that notifies you you can schedule delivery (or call your SA, or call Tesla). All very easy.

I would wait until you have a VIN. That way it won't expire while you are waiting.

Reactions: peekeesh
I was wondering, anyone here placed the order and set the payment method to CASH and later on changed it to FINANCE? My order is on hold but I'll remove the hold soon. I will finance the car but I did select Cash when I placed the order so I'm not whether I should contact TESLA first and tell them I'm going to finance it before removing hold. Or should I tell them I'll finance it after getting assigned a VIN? TIA
I’m paying cash for my MYLR which hopefully arrives this week. About a month ago, and then again this week I got a text from Tesla asking if I was still paying cash. I’m assuming I could have responded Finance at that time. Anyway, they checked with me twice as I’ve gotten closer.

Your SA can easily switches that for you (I did it once when my lease approval expired on my MS order). Finance should be good for about 60 days, you can do it after vin assignment if you are confident that your lender can finalize the payment with 3 days (that seems like the trend now, really tight from vin to delivery).

Taking delivery tomorrow MYLR, MSM, Induction Wheels @ Arden Tesla show room in the Sacramento area. I'm planning on inspecting the car first before paying in full. Learned my lesson last year when I picked up my Model 3 and don't want to repeat it.
Nice! Didn't know the Arden showroom was open yet. I live in Sacramento, but am picking up in Fremont. I live not too far from that showroom and plan on using the superchargers there.

Your SA can easily switches that for you (I did it once when my lease approval expired on my MS order). Finance should be good for about 60 days, you can do it after vin assignment if you are confident that your lender can finalize the payment with 3 days (that seems like the trend now, really tight from vin to delivery).
I'm going with DCU. I read they send checks overnight so it should be good, i think. I'm hoping everything will be smooth. I'm removing the hold around Wednesday or Thursday and go from there. Hoping it'll be a smooth process. My original EDD was Dec 7-14.

Reactions: jackk
I'm going with DCU. I read they send checks overnight so it should be good, i think. I'm hoping everything will be smooth. I'm removing the hold around Wednesday or Thursday and go from there. Hoping it'll be a smooth process. My original EDD was Dec 7-14.
Sounds good and good luck. I went with BOA since they don't request a vin to start with, so I feel a bit safe on hitting that delivery schedule.

I got a weird text message today: "Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 2-3 days. Select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RN1XXXXX for your touchless delivery. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect." I didn't get a VIN!!!
The only dates available are Dec. 30 and Dec. 31. I am not in town till next week and I let the sales and delivery teams know before the trip.
Did anyone get a similar message and what did you do about it?
Thanks

I got a weird text message today: "Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 2-3 days. Select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RN1XXXXX for your touchless delivery. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect." I didn't get a VIN!!!
The only dates available are Dec. 30 and Dec. 31. I am not in town till next week and I let the sales and delivery teams know before the trip.
Did anyone get a similar message and what did you do about it?
Thanks
I got the exact same text. Looks like there were many of these sent out. I called and they confirmed they’re trying to get as many cars out before end of the year… I asked about the 3 days to schedule delivery, they said that delivery window is shorter due to need to sell as many cars before end of year and that if I don’t schedule delivery, I’ll be placed on hold…

My original order date for #2 was June 14th. I had it on hold until mid-August. Delivery was required to be completed by 12/30 due to the age of my order and a VIN assignment on 12/26. I didn’t want to push back on the "delivery must be taken within 30 days after initial VIN assignment". Base price at the time was $52490.

Pickup scheduled for 12/30.

I ordered in August and when my delivery window was moved from Dec to Jan I started calling around for floor model Y’s - I called everyday for 5 days and finally got a floor model. She told me it had 400+ miles which I found acceptable but when I took delivery the mileage was not pointed out to me. The following day I went to my insurance and got the actual mileage 1500! I’m trying to see if they can do anything for this mileage bait and switch but still happy with the machine. If your vehicle gets pushed I’d suggest calling but it happens quick so record names and ask to record the call if the details are important to you.

I got the exact same text. Looks like there were many of these sent out. I called and they confirmed they’re trying to get as many cars out before end of the year… I asked about the 3 days to schedule delivery, they said that delivery window is shorter due to need to sell as many cars before end of year and that if I don’t schedule delivery, I’ll be placed on hold…
Did you get a VIN? I didn't - so how/why would anyone without one set up delivery in 3 days? I am lost.

I received the same text. No vin number yet.

I’m on vacation and my SA said they can’t hold a reservation past Dec 31 and I could lose my deposit.

I don’t understand what is going on.

I am awaiting delivery in January (order placed late August). I am concerned that those of us taking delivery soon will be buying a previous year model since the 2022 upgraded version is not out yet (4680 battery, increased range, etc.). Is anyone else worried about this? I have not been asked to get ready for delivery but they did text me to see if I have a trade in.