Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car delivered today! Right at the beginning of the 4 hour delivery window, guy told me they were delivering about 80 cars today in SoCal area. Can’t really see the car from this photo, it was raining when it was delivered so it went immediately into the garage to be wiped off. Super nice. I didn’t have the luxury of doing a detailed inspection standing there in the rain with a home delivery but from what I can tell with my brother’s help, no panel gaps and paint looks good. USB ports installed and wireless phone charging works. So far, so good, the car is beautiful!!!! I already did the Tesla light show tonight for me daughter, it was quite the crowd pleaser.

Attachments

• 51C0FB02-B812-4195-AC4F-AB79A2848886.jpeg
    51C0FB02-B812-4195-AC4F-AB79A2848886.jpeg
    602.5 KB · Views: 71
When I took delivery in Sept I had the same thing happen. They called me and gave me the total due and I brought a check, which they then took inside and did a wire transfer while I waited. They made sure the cash was in their account before we could complete the sale.
Not sure if that's the case for me. I called SC after this and the lady told me the transaction went through on their end, and it's possible tesla just charged the amount from my saved bank account set up for my previous MS. Guess we will see tomorrow when they drop off the car.

Same thing happened to me. I have to pay nothing, its says $-121.
I have a trade in...maybe that paid for it??? Idk. I asked my SA to look into it and he said I am good to go.
Do you have a trade in?
I don't have a trade in. According to the SC lady, it could have been withdrawn from my saved bank account with tesla (I leased a MS before). They will drop off the car tomorrow, wonder if they gonna ask for payment after delivery. That would be hilarious.

Reactions: pgcoco
WTF.....

Sorry to hear that. I hope they match you to another VIN quickly to make up for their mistake.
OMG...this is ridiculous.
I am sure they will match you before EOY.

So got my VIN last night, and today it disappeared, right?.... well , I called the DC and spoke with a SA. She said my car was unmatched at the factory because of quality issues..... don't know if it's true or not... she said I was put in their priority list to ge match again ASAP....

So got my VIN last night, and today it disappeared, right?.... well , I called the DC and spoke with a SA. She said my car was unmatched at the factory because of quality issues..... don't know if it's true or not... she said I was put in their priority list to ge match again ASAP....
That sux. But this seemed to happen more and more recently. I saw a few posts with same experience in MSLR forum.

I don't have a trade in. According to the SC lady, it could have been withdrawn from my saved bank account with tesla (I leased a MS before). They will drop off the car tomorrow, wonder if they gonna ask for payment after delivery. That would be hilarious.
Interesting but in my case, I don't have my bank info added yet and there is no space to do so.
So in my case my trade in I guess.

Now my next question what will happen for monthly payments?? will they charge my credit card??? IDK. I still didn't figure that out.

So I had a delivery window for this morning but that moved midday yesterday to NYE I was told my car was “being built” but might not make it. Than late yesterday I would not make it but was still “priority” build for January. Today my EDD is Jan 5 - Feb 2. Lesson learned is don’t believe anything until car delivered. My car was clearly not in any near term factory queue. And I’m. It feeling any priority love with the new window.

So I had a delivery window for this morning but that moved midday yesterday to NYE I was told my car was “being built” but might not make it. Than late yesterday I would not make it but was still “priority” build for January. Today my EDD is Jan 5 - Feb 2. Lesson learned is don’t believe anything until car delivered. My car was clearly not in any near term factory queue. And I’m. It feeling any priority love with the new window.
My EDD is 12/30-12/31 and I got a text that my car "will likely be built in the next 1-2 days"...but now with your experience I am wondering if this is even true. I was about to try to sell my old car, but maybe I should off. As you said, you can't believe anything until the car is delivered. The Tesla stress continues!

My EDD is 12/30-12/31 and I got a text that my car "will likely be built in the next 1-2 days"...but now with your experience I am wondering if this is even true. I was about to try to sell my old car, but maybe I should off. As you said, you can't believe anything until the car is delivered. The Tesla stress continues!
Can you see a VIN at the bottom of your app?

Update..... a couple days ago I got a VIN NF352xxx and it disappeared yesterday...

Last night I received a new VIN NF353XXX .... will see when I can take delivery...my DC is about 70 miles from Fremont so delivery tomorrow maybe???