Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, bad news for those waiting for their cars that are not on the lot at the moment: I-5 is closed at Castaic due to perilous conditions.
Happy New Year to All

I received a call from my DC this morning stating my car hasn't arrived yet. The person on the other side of the line said it could arrive tonight or tomorrow morning, but wouldn't mind if it caused a 2022 delivery date.

I hope everyone else around that area at the moment is safe and find their way to their destinations.

Reactions: flstcgranucci
I received a call from my DC this morning stating my car hasn't arrived yet. The person on the other side of the line said it could arrive tonight or tomorrow morning, but wouldn't mind if it caused a 2022 delivery date.

I hope everyone else around that area at the moment is safe and find their way to their destinations.
My delivery window for tomorrow morning moved to the afternoon but that was told that it’s unlikely it’ll be be delivered tomorrow. That’s prob the case with moss SoCal orders they tried to rush for today or tomorrow

• Helpful
Reactions: ryneezy
Interesting but in my case, I don't have my bank info added yet and there is no space to do so.
So in my case my trade in I guess.

Now my next question what will happen for monthly payments?? will they charge my credit card??? IDK. I still didn't figure that out.
Okay it turned out Tesla withdraw the down payment from a business account that I used once for my model s lease 3 years ago. That's just weird, how could they (or the app) assume that's the one I am gonna use for a new lease/purchase without providing any mss/alert before the wire transfer?
Anyways I got lucky that the balance was sufficient to cover the amount due.

It’s $325 as of this post.

I got a cheapo $25 remote from Home Depot.

I’ll see if pressing a physical button on my visor like a savage is enough of an inconvenience over hunting for the home link menu on the screen is worth $325.

I also read on another thread someone taped the remote behind the screen so it’s hidden. So it’s kinda like home link since you’ll need to reach behind the screen to open your gate/garage.

Home Depot has a 90 day return policy. I’m already coming having trouble getting a car from Tesla. Idk how I’d return home link once it’s installed 😅

Last edited:
Is the tray inside the center lift up console included? I don’t have one in mine. My ‘18 M3 had one. Also, the NEMA14-50 adapter is not included. It’s Apple all over again lol
No more Homelink too. 😩
Do we order homelink? Is it a turn on or an install
Only if you want an automated garage opener or a built in garage opener. If you're fine with your typical remote on the visor then save yourself 300
Yes, I had it in my ‘18 M3, it was a nice feature. Bad idea of Tesla to not offer it standard now, after all aren’t they techno kings? I mean who goes is a Tesla and whips out a garage opener lol

Do we order homelink? Is it a turn on or an install

Yes, I had it in my ‘18 M3, it was a nice feature. Bad idea of Tesla to not offer it standard now, after all aren’t they techno kings? I mean who goes is a Tesla and whips out a garage opener lol
Oh then you could have taken the module out of the M3 if you sold it or traded it in and kept it for the MY. If you still have the M3 then nevermind.

Oh then you could have taken the module out of the M3 if you sold it or traded it in and kept it for the MY. If you still have the M3 then nevermind.
I like the Homelink being integrated into the car. It's nice to not have to hunt for the button because you can set Homelink to automatically trigger when it detects you are close to your home (from within the UI). Small convenience for sure.

I plan on getting it for my Y (the better half has the 18' Model 3 with Homelink and EAP).

• Informative
Reactions: ryneezy