Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With respect to removal of NEMA 14-50, it does suck big time especially when you pay $70k for the ride. When I ordered the car, my SA stated that adapters for 110 and 240 are included.
As far as remote controls go, I retrofitted my existing installation with Chamberlain My Q for $25.00 wi-fi based controller. I can open/close/monitor garage doors across the world via an app on my phone.

Reactions: Tezlagirl
With respect to removal of NEMA 14-50, it does suck big time especially when you pay $70k for the ride. When I ordered the car, my SA stated that adapters for 110 and 240 are included.
As far as remote controls go, I retrofitted my existing installation with Chamberlain My Q for $25.00 wi-fi based controller. I can open/close/monitor garage doors across the world via an app on my phone.
Ya I got that my q thing, it was crap.. didn’t work with iOS or google. Bought this and it’s much better! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084Z5QZR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the Homelink being integrated into the car. It's nice to not have to hunt for the button because you can set Homelink to automatically trigger when it detects you are close to your home (from within the UI). Small convenience for sure.

I plan on getting it for my Y (the better half has the 18' Model 3 with Homelink and EAP).

Ah... thats a neat feature. I forgot it can trigger based on GPS location. Good tip for those looking to purchase the Homelink module.

My delivery window just flipped to Jan 2 - 16, had been steady 12/30-31 for the last several weeks. Just sold our 2nd car to Carvana yesterday, whoops. Just hope it isn't much more than 2 - 3 weeks, might end up renting something.
Probably due to the weather delays for those who had vins and were scheduled for December 30-31 deliveries. I was scheduled to get mine delivered last night and as of now it probably won’t get delivered until Sunday or next week

Got a text this morning informing me they’re not gonna make today’s delivery and will prioritize me for January.

At least this gives me a shot at the BBB tax credit (if the bill ever gets approved).

Happy New Year everyone! Hoping we all get VINS/timely deliveries/MCU3 Y’s the first week of 2022!
I was bumped from a 12/30 as well as 12/31 delivery (actually scheduled) into 2022. I was told “prioritized l” as well, but yesterday I had a 1/5 - 2/2 window. That did not feel prioritized. Today I’m at 1/7 - 1/21. Feels much better. I’m sure there’s a moment to catch breath after year end push, so 1/7 start of window feels right and i don’t have February out there.

But don’t be surprised if first push is a month window before it gets smaller. Good luck. This is all so frustrating.

Reactions: ryneezy and leaftoy
My VIN (NF3526XX) was released since I decided not to take delivery of my MYP and now I'm showing a 1/2 - 1/30 EDD. Fingers crossed that the MYPs coming off the Fremont production line now contains the AMD Ryzen chips.
What are the chances w/e car someone gets first wk of 2022 is manufactured after 1/1/22?
would they still have people take 12/2021 cars? I would assume those are all sold??

I was bumped from a 12/30 as well as 12/31 delivery (actually scheduled) into 2022. I was told “prioritized l” as well, but yesterday I had a 1/5 - 2/2 window. That did not feel prioritized. Today I’m at 1/7 - 1/21. Feels much better. I’m sure there’s a moment to catch breath after year end push, so 1/7 start of window feels right and i don’t have February out there.

But don’t be surprised if first push is a month window before it gets smaller. Good luck. This is all so frustrating.

YES! Having a moment to catch my breath after EOY push is relieving.

FWIW, my EDD is now Dec 31 to Jan 7. I still have VIN 350XXX (we'll see if this gets re-assigned), but my account got reset to the building car state.

We'll see if the new EDD holds.

Last edited:
Reactions: dthuntley
My VIN (NF3526XX) was released since I decided not to take delivery of my MYP and now I'm showing a 1/2 - 1/30 EDD. Fingers crossed that the MYPs coming off the Fremont production line now contains the AMD Ryzen chips.
My MYP pickup is today but thinking about releasing my VIN as well mainly because I want to finance thru 3rd party. Who did you talk to to release your VIN and how soon did you get your new EDD?

What are the chances w/e car someone gets first wk of 2022 is manufactured after 1/1/22?
would they still have people take 12/2021 cars? I would assume those are all sold??
In an ideal world, I hope that the Fremont factory meets its production quota and uses up all existing parts and Intel chips with the EOY push that we all witnessed. And in January starts production on a new batch hopefully with the AMD Ryzen chips. One can only hope and be optimistic...

Reactions: ap105
In an ideal world, I hope that the Fremont factory meets its production quota and uses up all existing parts and Intel chips with the EOY push that we all witnessed. And in January starts production on a new batch hopefully with the AMD Ryzen chips. One can only hope and be optimistic...
lol right. I feel like give it 1-2 wks, if no amd chips get reported then maybe it was a fluke / tesla doing a test run on a few?