Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are my MSM buddies at? Feels like we haven’t seen a batch yet this month.
I am one of them, and I hoping for nothing earlier then 3/5/22, so that I can take delivery. I had a hold until 2/1/22, and it was automatically removed on 1/12/22, with a EDD of 2/11/22 - 3/11/22. I don't return from deployment until 3/4/22.

Order:
MY LR 5 / MSM / Black / 20" / FSD / No Tow

Reactions: xSCMx
Where are my MSM buddies at? Feels like we haven’t seen a batch yet this month.
This month is less than 2 weeks old. Out of the 13 weeks in a quarter, we are less than 1/6 through with only 5 colors to produce. Also, now that MSM is free, it probably joins the base white as least desirable for Tesla to produce from a money standpoint as well as in highest demand. Probably see another week or pearl white followed by 3 weeks of MSM then the other 3 colors to finish out the quarter.

Reactions: xSCMx
I picked up my car yesterday (1/12). VIN NF3502XX.

It has the AMD Ryzen chip 🎉. No dual pane rear glass, no projector headlights, and I'm not removing the front shroud to check if theres a LiON 12v.

Overall pickup experience at Irvine Delivery Center on a Wednesday morning was pleasant. It's not EOQ so there were very few cars. I got checked in 15 minutes early, let the delivery person know I wanted to check out that car, they unlocked the car, and they let me look it over as much as I want. No pressure to accept the car at all.

From my prev post, I said I wasn't going to be OCD about a few panels being a few mm off, but the first thing I saw was a minor paint defect on the hood and immediately I went into reject/OCD mode and saw:
  • Minor paint defect on hood (looks like it got hit by a small rock from transport down)
  • Rear hatch panel is visibly not flush.
    • I don't need to slide my finger through to tell. When I do run my finger through there's a steep drop from one panel to the next.
  • Inside door insert had an indentation
    • Looks like the factory worker clamped it too hard installing it
  • All the rubber seals around 3 out of the 4 doors are loose
  • The back headliner was either falling off or the rubber seal was not attached properly
  • Rear passenger door handle sticking out (not flush)
  • Front bumper is a few mm not flush.
    • This would have been the few mm off and accept the car situation, but the paint defect already changed my mood.
I was originally meant to take delivery 12/31 and it was clear this was a rushed EOY car.

I mentioned the delivery agent gave me no pressure at all to accept the car, so I took many walks around the service center to think about rejecting/accepting it. I inspected the other White Model Y's for the delivery and they ALL have the same rear hatch not flush issue. There was a Red and a Gray Model Y; their rear hatches were perfectly flush. Seems like this batch of White Y's were rushed out.

Since the other White Model Y's had the same issues, I decided to accept the car. I'm not sure if it's gonna take weeks or months to get reassigned another VIN.

The next available service appointment is 2 weeks out. I went through Tesla service before with my Model 3 and they always fixed my issues and follow up with me to make sure everything is okay. As mentioned the delivery agents were pleasant to deal with. Waiting for the car sucks, but 90% of my interactions Tesla employees show they have good intentions so I'm confident the Model Y's issues will be addressed

To end with a good note, the car drives great. Better than my 2018 Midrange Model 3. It seems smoother and the regen braking feels more natural. They updated the wing mirrors so it's easier to see. And to be fair, my Model 3's panels never lined up right either.

I will give an update after I get the car back from service. For now I will enjoy the vehicle.

One lesson: Bring your checklist. I wouldn't have noticed the rubber seals being loose without the checklist. Most of the things I listed are addressable. The only one I'm worried about is the paint defect, but maybe they'll just give me a new hood 😄

Last edited:

It has the AMD Ryzen chip 🎉. No dual pane rear glass, no projector headlights, and I'm not removing the front shroud to check if theres a LiON 12v.

Overall pickup experience at Irvine Delivery Center on a Wednesday morning was pleasant. It's not EOQ so there were very few cars. I got checked in 15 minutes early, let the delivery person know I wanted to check out that car, they unlocked the car, and they let me look it over as much as I want. No pressure to accept the car at all.

From my prev post, I said I wasn't going to be OCD about a few panels being a few mm off, but the first thing I saw was a minor paint defect on the hood and immediately I went into reject/OCD mode and saw:
  • Minor paint defect on hood (looks like it got hit by a small rock from transport down)
    • I don't need to slide my finger through to tell. When I do run my finger through there's a steep drop from one panel to the next.
  • The back headliner was either falling off or the rubber seal was not attached properly
    • This would have been the few mm off and accept the car situation, but the paint defect already changed my mood.
I was originally meant to take delivery 12/31 and it was clear this was a rushed EOY car.

I mentioned the delivery agent gave me no pressure at all to accept the car, so I took many walks around the service center to think about rejecting/accepting it. I inspected the other White Model Y's for the delivery and they ALL have the same rear hatch not flush issue. There was a Red and a Gray Model Y; their rear hatches were perfectly flush. Seems like this batch of White Y's were rushed out.

Since the other White Model Y's had the same issues, I decided to accept the car. I'm not sure if it's gonna take weeks or months to get reassigned another VIN.

The next available service appointment is 2 weeks out. I went through Tesla service before with my Model 3 and they always fixed my issues and follow up with me to make sure everything is okay. As mentioned the delivery agents were pleasant to deal with. Waiting for the car sucks, but 90% of my interactions Tesla employees show they have good intentions so I'm confident the Model Y's issues will be addressed

To end with a good note, the car drives great. Better than my 2018 Midrange Model 3. It seems smoother and the regen braking feels more natural. They updated the wing mirrors so it's easier to see. And to be fair, my Model 3's panels never lined up right either.

I will give an update after I get the car back from service. For now I will enjoy the vehicle.

One lesson: Bring your checklist. I wouldn't have noticed the rubber seals being loose without the checklist. Most of the things I listed are addressable. The only one I'm worried about is the paint defect, but maybe they'll just give me a new hood 😄
Did you use the teslaprep checklist or something else?

Add your AMD and other update info here: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses)

Do you know the build date for your vehicle? Most other 350XXX VINs got the Intel chip

Reactions: MR F