Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for reference, my Aug build MYP is a 252 VIN. When I first put my June order on hold in Sept (a month after I picked up my MYP), they assigned me a VIN of 273 for the MYLR. They're they're up to 357 approx 4 months later.

Should give you an idea of how quickly they're pumping the Model Y cars out right now.

Just for reference, my Aug build MYP is a 252 VIN. When I first put my June order on hold in Sept (a month after I picked up my MYP), they assigned me a VIN of 273 for the MYLR. They're they're up to 357 approx 4 months later.

Should give you an idea of how quickly they're pumping the Model Y cars out right now.
Are your “friends” paying you anything close to market value? You could take delivery yourself, finance it, and turn around and sell it to a local dealer for at least $65k, pay off your loan and make a profit. A new base model is $59k but when you add destination, licensing and tax you are above $65k. And a 6-10 month wait.

Oh, and I have delivery scheduled for 1/20 in Corte Madera. Earliest available was 1/18 so maybe they’ll build it today and ship it to CM tomorrow or Monday.

Are your “friends” paying you anything close to market value? You could take delivery yourself, finance it, and turn around and sell it to a local dealer for at least $65k, pay off your loan and make a profit. A new base model is $59k but when you add destination, licensing and tax you are above $65k. And a 6-10 month wait.

Oh, and I have delivery scheduled for 1/20 in Corte Madera. Earliest available was 1/18 so maybe they’ll build it today and ship it to CM tomorrow or Monday.

I ordered a Model YP 2 days ago (01/13) and have an EDD of the last two weeks of march. If a third party dealer is going to pay 65, that means they are going to have to sell it for 68-70k, before taxes, which would be the price of this model Y performance AFTER CA taxes.

Is this really happening?

I ordered a Model YP 2 days ago (01/13) and have an EDD of the last two weeks of march. If a third party dealer is going to pay 65, that means they are going to have to sell it for 68-70k, before taxes, which would be the price of this model Y performance AFTER CA taxes.

Is this really happening?
I guess some people are just impatient.

I also ordered a MYP, though 2 weeks earlier on 1/1. Original EDD was 2/22-3/22, just moved to 3/14-3/31, so same boat as you.

My friend is just that, a good friend, so I'm not looking to make a buck off of him. The only thing I told him to do was give me $100 to cover my order fee. TBH, not sure if he wants it since he really wanted a different color Model Y and wanted the 20" wheels (even though I'd help him sell his Gemini wheels, and he does not want a wrap).

Besides, I tried doing that with my MYP shortly after I bought it to see if any dealers would be interested, and they all offered $5-8k less than what I paid for the car. Sure the LR may be more desirable to dealers, but I'm not going to waste my time with it for a few bucks.

After adding in the sales tax, lic & title fees, he's looking at approx $58,880 OTD for my MYLR spec below. That's still cheaper than a MYLR now BEFORE taxes, lic & title fees, doc fees and Tesla's destination fee, and without the tow package.

Order_Agreement.jpg

VIN.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ryneezy and MR F
My friend is just that, a good friend, so I'm not looking to make a buck off of him. The only thing I told him to do was give me $100 to cover my order fee. TBH, not sure if he wants it since he really wanted a different color Model Y and wanted the 20" wheels (even though I'd help him sell his Gemini wheels, and he does not want a wrap).

Besides, I tried doing that with my MYP shortly after I bought it to see if any dealers would be interested, and they all offered $5-8k less than what I paid for the car. Sure the LR may be more desirable to dealers, but I'm not going to waste my time with it for a few bucks.

After adding in the sales tax, lic & title fees, he's looking at approx $58,880 OTD for my MYLR spec below. That's still cheaper than a MYLR now BEFORE taxes, lic & title fees, doc fees and Tesla's destination fee, and without the tow package.

View attachment 756185

View attachment 756186
Thats great that you’re trying to help a friend. If he’s willing to pay $2000 for wheels and $1000+ for paint (unless he wants MSM) plus $8500 more and wait 6+ months money must not be an issue for him. With $10k savings he can buy a set of inductions or aftermarket wheels of his choosing. And while a wrap might not sound good, it’ll protect the paint and with the savings he can even do it another time or two.