Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was fast. They scheduled home delivery (near Santana Row) for Jan 18th

I will have to ask them to push it out to 19th or 20th since the credit union is closed tomorrow.

Any suggestions if home delivery or factory pickup is better option? Factory pickup, I assume, you can reject the car easily if something is not right with the car. With home delivery, you are stuck with what they deliver right (in case of major issues)?

I will have to ask them to push it out to 19th or 20th since the credit union is closed tomorrow.

Any suggestions if home delivery or factory pickup is better option? Factory pickup, I assume, you can reject the car easily if something is not right with the car. With home delivery, you are stuck with what they deliver right (in case of major issues)?
Also, tesla agent on phone confirmed AMD processor. Let's see if that holds true :)

Reactions: leaftoy
New entrant to the waiting game. I'm tired of waiting on my Rivian Max pack to replace my 2014 P85.. so I threw myself in line. I ordered blue because I've had three white Teslas already and didn't want to be that boring fellow, but I still might change to white. I mean, I am who I am..
I got an EDD from rivian also (oct-dec). It seems they will only focus on R1T adventure pack with regular battery.

Reactions: ohmman

Factory pickup is a better option.

Were you offered home delivery when you first completed profile? When I completed my profile my only option (South Bay) was to pick up from either factory delivery center or Dublin. I chose factory, but personally we wouldn't mind home delivery.

Were you offered home delivery when you first completed profile? When I completed my profile my only option (South Bay) was to pick up from either factory delivery center or Dublin. I chose factory, but personally we wouldn't mind home delivery.
Are you referring to profile completion in August? I don't recall home delivery being an option then.

Today I did not have any option to choose delivery method (home or factory). After updating the payment/insurance options, the app automatically assigned home delivery option. I did not even have the option to select the delivery date. It was automatically assigned. Couple of hours later, someone from tesla called to give a heads up on the delivery and I asked him to update the delivery date to Thursday. New delivery date is Jan 20 (still home delivery)

I suspect they are doing more home deliveries now due to COIVID surge. Not sure.

If you are in south bay (San Jose?), I assume they will do home delivery for you as well.

Did you get your VIN yet? If not hopefully be it will pop up today or tomorrow.

Reactions: leaftoy
Anyone with tow hitch got delivery with AMD/new battery? I am wondering if mine got delayed to Jan 27-Feb21 (from Jan14-Jan25) because I have the tow hitch which is not yet fully compatible with the new battery.
I have a tow hitch car being made now and picking up Thursday. Assuming AMD but won’t know til I get it. Same for 12v. There is no way of knowing 12v until you take delivery. The only part not compatible is Aux 12v. Brakes and lighting work fine.

Reactions: ishareit