Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any time you have an EDD update that's lower than 2 weeks, your expectations should increase that your VIN is imminent as it speaks to Tesla's confidence in getting your car built. That's the running theme in this forum. I will be picking up my car on 1/22 (assuming QC and transport goes according to plan). I was told it's built and still at Fremont (and confirmed it's an AMD Ryzen chip)

I’m excited for you to get your car! Let us know how it goes.

How did you lift the hold? I could not pick up my Y because of the Covid issue at my Hospital
Have not had any time off for over a month, I asked to delay my pickup and they changed my date to end of March.
And thats with having a Vin assigned. I was given a Delivery location and not given the option of Home delivery
So I hope now, to get a real 2022. Want the updated interior like the 3. Seems each month something else gets added to the cars. 4680? New Headlights? Like the changes on the China Y.

Huh. MYLR. Ordered in November, and was given a June delivery estimate. Then was given delivery date in December while I was out of the country, and asked them to push the delivery until mid January when I came back. It went off hold Saturday, and now has a July delivery estimate. I think I somehow got pushed to the end of the line rather than held for 30 days.

Huh. MYLR. Ordered in November, and was given a June delivery estimate. Then was given delivery date in December while I was out of the country, and asked them to push the delivery until mid January when I came back. It went off hold Saturday, and now has a July delivery estimate. I think I somehow got pushed to the end of the line rather than held for 30 days.
You were given a delivery date or a Vin?

I honestly don't understand. This is the 5th EDD date push, last one was a narrow 1/18-1/31 EDD. Now woke up this morning to it pushed out yet again another month 1/26-2/23. My OD was 11/2, zero holds, zero offers to take at the end of year. I am without a car and had to use a rental car which I returned last night, now have to have my friend chauffeur me around wherever I need to go, and there is nothing you can do but keep sitting and waiting twiddling my thumbs. This is the part of Tesla that I hate. And when you ask an SA, they tell you they see only what you see and you just need to wait. Beyond ridiculous.

I honestly don't understand. This is the 5th EDD date push, last one was a narrow 1/18-1/31 EDD. Now woke up this morning to it pushed out yet again another month 1/26-2/23. My OD was 11/2, zero holds, zero offers to take at the end of year. I am without a car and had to use a rental car which I returned last night, now have to have my friend chauffeur me around wherever I need to go, and there is nothing you can do but keep sitting and waiting twiddling my thumbs. This is the part of Tesla that I hate. And when you ask an SA, they tell you they see only what you see and you just need to wait. Beyond ridiculous.
EDDs are exactly what they say, estimates. If you proceed with life like they are guaranteed then you will have many problems. I know it sucks not knowing exactly when you will get a car but that is how Tesla works. There are hundreds if not thousands of threads on here with similar stories. As far as not getting something EOQ, those are mainly West Coast and no, Vegas is not on the coast. They only push things that are a 1 day car carrier trip away, Vegas would likely be 2 I think. Or more if the passes are closed.
You have to remove frunk tub... I don't think you would do that at delivery center.

The other option is to ask SA to look at your order. I think he can tell. At the same time ask him for the birthday of your car (he can see an exact date,)
You do not need to remove the Frunk tub. You just need to lift the cover between the windshield and the front. 10 or so snaps hold it in. Just gently pull up starting at the right by the windshield wiper fluid reservoir cap and move to the left. Unless they completely reconfgured this since April 2021 it is very easy to check. You can seen the small Hankook (tire company!) battery in there.
1642615840379.png

I agree with you completely. You were misled and inconvenienced by Tesla’s poor customer service. Great technology, but lousy customer service.

(I better not call their poor communications with customers what it is, arrogance, as it might upset some of Elon’s fanboys.)

Reactions: backlash224
I went through the same thing with 5 EDD shifts near the end and I am taking delivery tomorrow. One of the things I experienced was some shifts also included window growing to 4 weeks, but then narrowing the next day. Hopefully this happens for you, followed by a VIN and delivery.

Everything so far has been great, with the glaring exception of EDD forecasts. It’s beyond painful and they need to do better.

I agree with you completely. You were misled and inconvenienced by Tesla’s poor customer service. Great technology, but lousy customer service.

(I better not call their poor communications with customers what it is, arrogance, as it might upset some of Elon’s fanboys.)
Absolutely. This is my second Tesla, I sold my 21 MYLR to carmax due to how much they wanted to give me, so ended up making money. Turned around and bought the MYP, in which was told I would have by EOY. At this point, Tesla should just remove the EDD from the website as its useless, and also get rid of SA's as they are just as much useless.

You do not need to remove the Frunk tub. You just need to lift the cover between the windshield and the front. 10 or so snaps hold it in. Just gently pull up starting at the right by the windshield wiper fluid reservoir cap and move to the left. Unless they completely reconfgured this since April 2021 it is very easy to check. You can seen the small Hankook (tire company!) battery in there.

I think they might have changed. I tried as you suggested and could not really tell with just removing the windshield cover (especially if you are sure what you are looking for...) here is a picture, if that helps...

Attachments

• 20220117_140220.jpg
    20220117_140220.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 49
Absolutely. This is my second Tesla, I sold my 21 MYLR to carmax due to how much they wanted to give me, so ended up making money. Turned around and bought the MYP, in which was told I would have by EOY. At this point, Tesla should just remove the EDD from the website as its useless, and also get rid of SA's as they are just as much useless.
So, you chose to sell your only car for profit before you even had VIN, knowing full well what the delivery issues are with Tesla? Now you're complaining about changing EDD's? I get the frustration, but that just sounds like poor planning on your part.

Reactions: Vin_L
So, you chose to sell your only car for profit before you even had VIN, knowing full well what the delivery issues are with Tesla? Now you're complaining about changing EDD's? I get the frustration, but that just sounds like poor planning on your part.
I had zero issues with my first Tesla. And when I ordered on 11/2, I asked the SA many times and was told def by EOY. I sold my MYLR on 11/14. If I knew I would still be waiting in Jan 22, then yes I would have held on to mine longer. I am frustrated and just venting.