Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I narrowed down to a 1/25-2/03 date (my 5th EDD), and as of now it's pushed back to 02/10-03/10

White/White, 20in, 5-seat, no FSD or Tow... Just curious if anyone has had experience with narrowing down multiple times just to be pushed back to a month?
Not on MY, but my MSLR EDD was like that (narrowing down to 7 days at one point and pushed back to 1 month) back in Last Dec.

CrimsonO2, looks great! you got the 19 geminis??
Yeah, my better-half has the performance-oriented 19's on his Model 3 and they ride firm. Since my Model Y is going to replace my Highlander, I wanted as much rubber on my tires as possible to come closer to the Highlander's ride comfort (albeit not by much). My Rimetrix wheel covers are arriving tomorrow so I'll still be able to mimic the turbines. I can't wait.

Last edited:
EDD moved to Feb 17 - Mar 17 from Jan 27 - Feb 24 just now... :rolleyes:

Did anyone get VIN for delivery in Fremont in the last few days? Wondering what is going on... At this point, I am almost certain that I will be part of end-of-quarter local deliveries.
Couple of things. On the earnings call they said Austin deliveries will start by end of quarter. How can they produce two different MY at the same time without massive confusion for consumers? The Ryzen change is different because that was a switchover. I predict they wind down Fremont MY soon and shift them to Austin until Fremont can upgrade tooling for the new pack and castings...unless that's what is happening now.

As long as the range to the average consumer is the same, it doesn’t matter if it’s 2170 or 4680. Weight savings of 4680 vs 2170 at same range is maybe a couple hundred pounds. No different than driving with 1 passenger so the seat of the pants feel won’t change. Of the 100,000 people with orders for MY, maybe 1% are on here and care about the change. So Austin will produce with smaller kWh 4680 packs to account for range due to weight savings. Fremont will swap in the front mega casts and continue with 2170 until there is enough 4680 to switch at a later time. The outward appearance and range and drive feel will be the same for the average consumer. No confusion. There isn’t any detail about type of batteries on the order page So Tesla can use whatever they want to fill orders.

Reactions: blodg1
Finally picked up my car! Everything went well for the most part. Scheduling delivery was a nightmare. The dates kept changing and they basically had no idea when the car was going arrive since there were delays with logistics. Everything is great except for one of the rear passenger doors sag when opening. So much so that when I go to close it the window hits the side. Service appointment scheduled this Saturday to fix it. Attached all my accessories and can’t wait to take a long drive!

Attachments

• 233F5CF5-9D10-450C-AED2-129B025C5A9C.jpeg
    233F5CF5-9D10-450C-AED2-129B025C5A9C.jpeg
    646.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 45C9D9D2-FD5A-4BC1-9C94-3D8902D0CC43.jpeg
    45C9D9D2-FD5A-4BC1-9C94-3D8902D0CC43.jpeg
    775.8 KB · Views: 76
As long as the range to the average consumer is the same, it doesn’t matter if it’s 2170 or 4680. Weight savings of 4680 vs 2170 at same range is maybe a couple hundred pounds. No different than driving with 1 passenger so the seat of the pants feel won’t change. Of the 100,000 people with orders for MY, maybe 1% are on here and care about the change. So Austin will produce with smaller kWh 4680 packs to account for range due to weight savings. Fremont will swap in the front mega casts and continue with 2170 until there is enough 4680 to switch at a later time. The outward appearance and range and drive feel will be the same for the average consumer. No confusion. There isn’t any detail about type of batteries on the order page So Tesla can use whatever they want to fill orders.
I generally agree with what you have stated. However, the bloggers and YouTubers will draw a lot of attention to the 4680 deliveries as they did with Ryzen and then the caring will increase. The Ryzen change caused advisors to get slammed with inquiries as the news of the benefits became more widespread.

I generally agree with what you have stated. However, the bloggers and YouTubers will draw a lot of attention to the 4680 deliveries as they did with Ryzen and then the caring will increase. The Ryzen change caused advisors to get slammed with inquiries as the news of the benefits became more widespread.
I think you overvalue the reach of bloggers. Maybe up to 5% vs 1% on here. And I doubt SAs were “slammed” by 100,000 people asking if their car had AMD. And what might happen is the bloggers may comment on the 4680 but the end result may be “it didn’t really feel like any change from the prior battery tech”.

Reactions: blodg1
Finally picked up my car! Everything went well for the most part. Scheduling delivery was a nightmare. The dates kept changing and they basically had no idea when the car was going arrive since there were delays with logistics. Everything is great except for one of the rear passenger doors sag when opening. So much so that when I go to close it the window hits the side. Service appointment scheduled this Saturday to fix it. Attached all my accessories and can’t wait to take a long drive!
Congrats. What accessories it comes with?

Thank you! I guess I should have clarified that I had a giant pile of accessories I bought from Amazon: mudflaps, bike rack, all weather mats etc. I also bought the Tesla roof rails. Finally able to clear out my storage.
Please give links on mud flaps, all weather mats and your inputs on those items would help making decision. My MYLR EDD is coming soon, I guest it's time for me to start ordering the accessories 😂

Curious how much wind noise or drag you get with the bike on top….

Please give links on mud flaps, all weather mats and your inputs on those items would help making decision. My MYLR EDD is coming soon, I guest it's time for me to start ordering the accessories 😂

Mud flaps:

Basenor Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps Splash Guards (Set of Four) No Need to Drill Holes 20... Amazon.com

These were super easy to install and fit really well on the car. No rattling or anything like that and no holes that you need to drill.

The floor mats: I got them from a site called BidRL for $38 (auction Brand new) but they look like the super liner mats on Amazon and they fit like a glove.

Roof rails: Tesla website

Bike rack:

Curious how much wind noise or drag you get with the bike on top….

I have not noticed any wind noise with the roof rails and bike rack up top but I’m going to go on a bike ride tonight and that will be the first drive with the bike up there. I’ll let you know! I did put my bike on top just to make sure it was all good and fit correctly.

Attachments

• 3566641F-A3D9-410A-9A06-D8D6BBAD0393.jpeg
    3566641F-A3D9-410A-9A06-D8D6BBAD0393.jpeg
    702.9 KB · Views: 78