Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My September Y order looks like it will arrive in March. I’m thinking about custom plates. I’ll definitely get the 1960s legacy black plates, but possibly vanity plates too.

For those who have purchased from Tesla in California before, anything I should know in advance? I think Tesla submits registration and plate fees for us. Can I apply for custom plates at that time, or do I have to wait for the generic plates to arrive before placing an order?

Ditto. 9/5 order with no holds, pushed back again today to 3/9-3/31.

This is my second end-of-quarter delivery date. WTF is absolutely right. They're just screwing me because I live in Northern California and an easy EOQ delivery. What a clown act.
Be on the lookout for Tesla fanboys - they are everywhere. Personally, I found a lot of issues with the way Tesla does business. Yet, when I went to test drive KIA EV6 and Ford Mach-E, I was greeted by salespeople who didn't know anything about the vehicle they were selling. Finally, the mark-up was as high as $17K and an indefinite wait time.
I walked away thinking these dinosaurs outlived their lifetime.

Be on the lookout for Tesla fanboys - they are everywhere. Personally, I found a lot of issues with the way Tesla does business. Yet, when I went to test drive KIA EV6 and Ford Mach-E, I was greeted by salespeople who didn't know anything about the vehicle they were selling. Finally, the mark-up was as high as $17K and an indefinite wait time.
I walked away thinking these dinosaurs outlived their lifetime.
The markups are real for cars they happen to have on the lot. If you order, you can get a car at MSRP if you find the right dealer. I have a Y and a Mach-E on order, with both arriving in March or April. Dealers can increase the price on you after the car comes in. It has been known to happen. However, you can get an agreement in writing (as I did with my Ford order) on the sales price which should be worth something. I agree though. The dealer model is outdated and does not benefit the consumer. I’m still deciding which one I’ll take, but 90% says the Y. As of today.

got my second one today!!! 2021 MYP, friend sold it to me as he got his new model S plaid 🤣🤣🤣 only 2500 miles on it. just need a bit tint on it!!!

Attachments

• CF476888-31F6-4775-B4DE-D11C9331B79F.jpeg
    CF476888-31F6-4775-B4DE-D11C9331B79F.jpeg
    559.3 KB · Views: 81
Any rumor/forecast by when Fremont will start delivering it? I'm hearing that Austin is set to deliver 4680 packs but Austin will deliver only in East and Midwest regions. Is that true? Does it mean that Fremont will continue with old config?
Nobody knows. There are so many rumors and theories out there. Some people thought maybe Austin would only do MYP and Fremont would only do MYLR (but now both have variants have been seen outside Austin). Others have speculated that when Austin gets up to speed, Fremont would shut down temporarily to retool with gigapress and 4680. Nothing really matters until tesla announces.

Hello! Long time listener, first time caller.

Preordered my MY LR back in Oct. Config is as follows:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
For the longest time, the EDD was June 1-29. Today it updated to 2/19-3/1. Has anyone else experienced a similar bump in EDD?
Update: Got my VIN. From Fremont. Delivery this week.

Reactions: ishareit