Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I spoke with my SA in Walnut Creek,Ca just about 40 from the Fremont plant.

I went it to take another test drive since my first one was shortened due to my grumpy pregnant niece that needed a ride home from a doctors appointment, and since my girlfriend was with me this time.

The SA stated that they were down to 2 test drive cars since they were selling them for the end of the quarter push, they only had a model S in their boutique showroom, there was a model 3 and Y in the showroom previously.

But she said call her in a couple weeks when they get in fresh cars and she would let me take a overnight test drive since mine is already on order, sweet!

I ordered on 2/22/2022 original edd was August 2022, moved to 6/19 - 7/17, I asked her if she may have a better time frame, she checked and said mine would be a 2nd quarter delivery, probably late April or May, she said that was purely speculation on what she has seen and the info at her disposal

So a good number of test drive cars are being sold, probably a normal procedure to make the end of Q1 numbers better

Reactions: Otter2007
Just curious to see how many people in CA have a placed an order and are waiting for a VIN. If you don't mind sharing your build details and dates. Thanks!
I ordered my S on May 29,2021. It was supposed to arrive in October 2021, Then February 2022, then March 22-29, 2022. This morning I opened my app to find the latest estimate to be June 9-July 7, 2022. I'm considering throwing in the towel.

Just got the trade in text, no vin, EDD 3/20-31. Will have to delay, but just updating everyone! Socal
Do you know the best time and the best way to delay? I also have MY LR MSM order with EDD 4/10-5/8. I think mine will be part of EOQ push. I’m planning to delay until May though. So, trying to figure out whether I should wait until a VIN is assigned, or put on hold now. Thanks!

SoCal, MY LR default options except MSM, profile completed on 10/05

Do you know the best time and the best way to delay? I also have MY LR MSM order with EDD 4/10-5/8. I think mine will be part of EOQ push. I’m planning to delay until May though. So, trying to figure out whether I should wait until a VIN is assigned, or put on hold now. Thanks!

SoCal, MY LR default options except MSM, profile completed on 10/05

I'm not sure, but I did make a thread seeking advice. Hopefully it will be fruitful

FWIW, I spoke with my SA in Walnut Creek,Ca just about 40 from the Fremont plant.

I went it to take another test drive since my first one was shortened due to my grumpy pregnant niece that needed a ride home from a doctors appointment, and since my girlfriend was with me this time.

The SA stated that they were down to 2 test drive cars since they were selling them for the end of the quarter push, they only had a model S in their boutique showroom, there was a model 3 and Y in the showroom previously.

But she said call her in a couple weeks when they get in fresh cars and she would let me take a overnight test drive since mine is already on order, sweet!

I ordered on 2/22/2022 original edd was August 2022, moved to 6/19 - 7/17, I asked her if she may have a better time frame, she checked and said mine would be a 2nd quarter delivery, probably late April or May, she said that was purely speculation on what she has seen and the info at her disposal

So a good number of test drive cars are being sold, probably a normal procedure to make the end of Q1 numbers better
wow that's interesting discussion you had with the SA. I did my test drive in Walnut Creek with Model Y. We loved it and put our order on 1/28. MYLR 7 seat, blk int, color blue, Tow hitch, No FSD, stock wheels - EDD moved from March 31 to May to locked down 6/19-7/17. So annoying, I've texted the SA too with no response. What was your exact order? Location here - Vacaville. Go NorCal deliveries!

Reactions: JDEWD250
849A5F50-DD61-4A2A-BF6E-D1936F534A01.jpeg

Just saw this on the see of 5S near Commerce

wow that's interesting discussion you had with the SA. I did my test drive in Walnut Creek with Model Y. We loved it and put our order on 1/28. MYLR 7 seat, blk int, color blue, Tow hitch, No FSD, stock wheels - EDD moved from March 31 to May to locked down 6/19-7/17. So annoying, I've texted the SA too with no response. What was your exact order? Location here - Vacaville. Go NorCal deliveries!
I order on 2/22/2022

MYLR 5 seater, Gemini wheels, black interior- exterior and tow package.

Original date was August, now June 19 - July 17th

my niece has had the same issue with the SA she has, I told her to call someone else and get the answers she wants.

I live in Bay Point.

How do you call someone else? Ive called the 888 tesla number thats it.
I drive through Walnut Creek almost daily, I stop in and ask whoever is around.

I stopped in Vallejo on my way back from Santa Rosa the other day because that’s where they are making me pick it up, and went in and talked to the people there as well, that’s a bit closer to you maybe you can drive in there and have a chat

I drive through Walnut Creek almost daily, I stop in and ask whoever is around.

I stopped in Vallejo on my way back from Santa Rosa the other day because that’s where they are making me pick it up, and went in and talked to the people there as well, that’s a bit closer to you maybe you can drive in there and have a chat
I’m in the South Bay… maybe I’ll do that one of these days and ask if they can give me a better EDD. 😅