Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this text. Yay!

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in March.

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.
I'm starting to think that this text was a joke since my delivery date has not changed and it is still April 12-May 10. Why would they do this?

Reactions: burningember
Just fyi… if you’re financing with third party like DCU, Tesla will deliver the car to you with an image of the check and a tracking number. I could have received the car today if I had not asked DCU to mail the check to me instead of Tesla. Now I have to wait 2 more days 😂
Interesting. Will have to keep that in mind when my time comes. At least Tesla is not passing on your delivery and moving to next person in line, like some horror stories I've read on here when checks do not arrive on delivery day. Then again, I might still elect to have the check in my hands in case I choose not to take delivery after inspection, though I'm sure Tesla knows how to process that regardless. Appreciate the info!

Reactions: ishareit
How do you decipher the VIN?
07841 Is my last 5 digits.

TY
You can find decoders with a quick search. Probably the most interesting part is just before that it will say something like F402 (Fremont, and which batch it's from.).

I seem to have my delivery issue sorted (where they wanted to drop it off at my old address) by offering to just collect it up at the factory. It's not super convenient but I can make it work. So after ordering late June 2021 I'll finally have my Tesla on Wednesday. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Lucas007 and PeteOC
Holy smokes, I've been VINNED! F402. The app is telling me to "Check Back Later" on scheduling a delivery appointment, which I assume will come in the next day or two. It also wants me to make my "Final Payment" which I intend to do through my local credit union. I assume I don't really need to complete that step until there is a car right in front of me.

Holy smokes, I've been VINNED! F402. The app is telling me to "Check Back Later" on scheduling a delivery appointment, which I assume will come in the next day or two. It also wants me to make my "Final Payment" which I intend to do through my local credit union. I assume I don't really need to complete that step until there is a car right in front of me.
Congrats!

Reactions: pepperoni
I got a VIN late last night and a delivery link the following morning. So hopefully won't be too long. I believe if you don't want to pay in advance you can just show up with a cashier's check.

Reactions: jellison889
Also got my VIN today🙌 F410. Haven't completed the final payment option as I plan to deliver a "certified" check on delivery day. Hopefully I can schedule my delivery soon.

I unknowingly paid for faster delivery due to purchasing FSD in January. I feel a little bad for jumping the line. I know some have been waiting longer than I have.

MYLR7, 20" induction, MNS, FSD.

OD 1/3/2022.

EDD: 3/23-4/1.

Reactions: HopefulCali
Also got my VIN today🙌 F410. Haven't completed the final payment option as I plan to deliver a "certified" check on delivery day. Hopefully I can schedule my delivery soon.

I unknowingly paid for faster delivery due to purchasing FSD in January. I feel a little bad for jumping the line. I know some have been waiting longer than I have.

MYLR7, 20" induction, MNS, FSD.

OD 1/3/2022.

EDD: 3/23-4/1.
Wow, that is even faster than some MYP delivery times... I guess FSD really stands for "FaStDelivery", LOL. Congrats. If we actually had control over delivery times I can see some being annoyed with this... But, this is all Tesla.

I'm hoping DCU will know what to do with regards to final payment checks. I've read previously that if I select the option to have DCU send the check directly to Tesla, Tesla will release the car based on check image and tracking number. Otherwise, I would have to wait for the check before taking delivery. Still unclear what Tesla would do with payment if I decide not to take the car...

Wow, that is even faster than some MYP delivery times... I guess FSD really stands for "FaStDelivery", LOL. Congrats. If we actually had control over delivery times I can see some being annoyed with this... But, this is all Tesla.

I'm hoping DCU will know what to do with regards to final payment checks. I've read previously that if I select the option to have DCU send the check directly to Tesla, Tesla will release the car based on check image and tracking number. Otherwise, I would have to wait for the check before taking delivery. Still unclear what Tesla would do with payment if I decide not to take the car...
Yes, I'm waiting for the check from my credit union. Hopefully no delays since I'm not using Plaid on the app for payment.

Reactions: PeteOC
MYLR( October order date), had an EDD of March 20-31. On the 03/20, it changed to April 27- June 1st.

Wtf 😞
When did you place order again? I woke up to major delay - was June18 - July 20th, but pushed to Late Aug - October. WTF!! I hope that changes in a few months but I do see tons of people who ordered last fall just now seeing deliveries. This is all for MYLR7. The MYP are all short waits.