Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did that. It has the ryzen chip and the matrix headlights! Also, I got home delivery set for May 18th!

Did you already finish your financing and insurance??? I can’t get plaid to recognize our bank. Keeps saying “try back later”

So I guess they think the cars will be in by the 18th! I hope I can get everything taken care of tomorrow so I can setup a delivery too!!

Did you find out what kind of tires? All season or summer?

Did you already finish your financing and insurance??? I can’t get plaid to recognize our bank. Keeps saying “try back later”

So I guess they think the cars will be in by the 18th! I hope I can get everything taken care of tomorrow so I can setup a delivery too!!

Someone actually already called you??? I’m still waiting. What city are you in for them to deliver to you too. Did you request home or no choice.

So I switched to Tesla financing from cash payment. I did not want to hit my assets which are quite down and worse it would be out of an IRA so there is income tax to boot.

The SA said to hold off on finishing the Tesla web forms for financing until I am close financing approvals are only good for 60 days. . Right now my EDD is Mid July through Åugust. IE a vague unreliable window. My OD was last November..

So my question is how long did it take for financing approval and any recommendations as to how close to cut it. IE SHould I just wait for VIN or within say a 5 day window or something else?

Happy for you, but, of course, bummed because my EDD is still 6/13-7-18, even though my original OD and day I switched to MYP were before yours. I think I’m seeing a pattern of a lot of SoCal deliveries (and a lot on the east coast on other threads), but not a lot close to Fremont (I’m 2.5 hours from Fremont). I’m planning (and hoping, wishing, desiring, longing) for an EOQ delivery.

Sorry, I feel you! I think they must be saving all the closest delivery sites for eoq?? Sucks but I agree that’s what it’s looking like.

I called in to Tesla to switch from cash to finance and gave them the details that my lender provided (I am preapproved).

The Tesla agent told me that my car is being delivered to Burbank on the 17th, I am assuming that it also includes yours!

I did not ask about the tires, I mainly cared about the Ryzen chip and matrix headlights haha

So I switched to Tesla financing from cash payment. I did not want to hit my assets which are quite down and worse it would be out of an IRA so there is income tax to boot.

The SA said to hold off on finishing the Tesla web forms for financing until I am close financing approvals are only good for 60 days. . Right now my EDD is Mid July through Åugust. IE a vague unreliable window. My OD was last November..

So my question is how long did it take for financing approval and any recommendations as to how close to cut it. IE SHould I just wait for VIN or within say a 5 day window or something else?
Wait for vin. Finance can be approved in ~4 hours or less

That’s interesting. Do you have an early OD? I noticed the hold on my account early on in the morning. I immediately unheld it, however in the evening I got an email asking me to unhold despite already doing so. It was an email Warning me that if I didn’t unfriend by a certain date I would risk forfeiture of the reservation
Ya I have a pretty old reservation that I decided to actually buy last September. I got the same email despite taking off the hold. I'm going to give Tesla a call today to make sure it won't be cancelled.

I just looked at my account for the first time in about two weeks. My EDD was July - Sept and when I looked yesterday it displays my reservation on hold and when ready please advise when ready for delivery? I immediately pressed the button to say I'm ready and now delivery is Sept-Nov?
Has this happened to folks before? I never placed hold but couple weeks ago I changed payment to cash since my financing offer expired.

I just looked at my account for the first time in about two weeks. My EDD was July - Sept and when I looked yesterday it displays my reservation on hold and when ready please advise when ready for delivery? I immediately pressed the button to say I'm ready and now delivery is Sept-Nov?
Has this happened to folks before? I never placed hold but couple weeks ago I changed payment to cash since my financing offer expired.
Seems like this happened to a bunch of old orders last week. Not sure why. I’ve read 4-5 others on this forum discussing the same thing. Kind of hazy details but it seems this was something automated and as long as you click “I’m ready”, it should affect your status.

The email for my hopes up basically insinuating they wanted to give us a car asap, but my EDD has not changed.

I have a question for the peeps who did finance. So I am doing a down payment and in the app, it indicates that I am directly paying Tesla the down payment and my lender will fund the rest of the amount.

So did you guys pay Tesla before inspecting the car? I have a home delivery set for May 18th.
I plan to have third party fund my car first (either send payment directly to Tesla, or send me a check), and then bring in the rest on cashier's check pending inspection.

Reactions: Goldenfiber
I have a question for the peeps who did finance. So I am doing a down payment and in the app, it indicates that I am directly paying Tesla the down payment and my lender will fund the rest of the amount.

So did you guys pay Tesla before inspecting the car? I have a home delivery set for May 18th.
I am getting a check delivered to my home tomorrow morning and I will go to the inspection with it. Once I see everything is right I will hand the check to Tesla on Wednesday which is when I have my delivery scheduled.

Reactions: Goldenfiber